Question What if dark is...

is faster than light?

sometimes i think that dark is not the absence of light.

sometimes i think that dark is constant, and light just pushes it out of the way like pushing a balloon into a swimming pool.
    (the pool being the dark, the balloon being light)

push the balloon down underwater, and its like a sun in the vast darkness.

pop the balloon, and the water(dark) rushes in to fill the void the balloon(light) left behind.

and then i have another scoop of cheeto-flavored ice cream.

(reposted into correct forum)

I dont know what you had.... but i want some

If light worked the way your balloon idea stated then maybe. Sadly it does not, no bad ideas in brainstorming though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Darkness is the absence of light.

If we could measure the speed of absence of something, maybe?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

/10charlimit

What if cheese is actually made of moon?
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

So is it a constant or is it faster than light? You're contradicting yourself. Light is wave-like, so it will travel forever until it hits something. Furthermore, there are many kinds of light that we can't see (read: illuminate the darkness) simply because they're beyond the wavelength spectrum of our visual range.

15+ Year Old Account
    It technically should be the same speed.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

constant as in overwhelming presence, not speed of whatever.

also, i read that light is like a wave/particle/whatever, but why does it act like a wave?

what gives it the properties of oscillation?

maybe light is more like a spiral than a wave...