Deleted

timeless island 300% elixir farming

so it's no secret that the new premade tool is being abused to camp mobs/rares
    now I was wondering, the same way people camp krol the blade, could I swap around on servers summoning that archiereus of flame guy to farm the potion? I remember doing the same thing in mop with Oqueue, camping that cave rare, only he never drop anything if I got invited to a group(raid groups to be more specific)
    So things I want cleared up:
    -Can I kill him unlimited amounts of time without locking out the chance of the potion dropping
    -What exactly will stop be from being able to loot him if I join a group
    -Has anyone actually tried this lately and been successful

ty

I'm not sure if this is better, but there's this:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=120170/p...y-digested-bag

15-20% drop rate from Steamwheedle rares and the Elixir is a 30% drop rate from that. There's often Steam rep grps in Custom.

Unfortunately you can only receive loot from either Archiereus of Flame mob once a day per character. If you have alts you'll need to take each of them to kill it for extra chances at the potion, and its an abysmal 1-3% droprate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    Unfortunately you can only receive loot from either Archiereus of Flame mob once a day per character. If you have alts you'll need to take each of them to kill it for extra chances at the potion, and its an abysmal 1-3% droprate.
    fair enough, back to nagrand rares and hope for a pot after 30 kills ;_;

Deleted
    Ok. iirc, you have a realy low chance to get the pot for any kills done after the 1st on that day, on TI that is.
    The drop rate of that bag was nerfed to ground.

All the time spent farming an XP potion, wouldn't you have gotten much further actually putting that time into you know leveling the actual alt?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    All the time spent farming an XP potion, wouldn't you have gotten much further actually putting that time into you know leveling the actual alt?
    This is the ironic truth in farming xp boosts. Especially something like the 300% potion which is actively farmed by a huge amount of people, I pop over to Krol every time I hearth to Shrine to see if he's up and I've killed him probably 12 times since WoD launched with no potion drop. The Steamwheedle rares are a thousand times more reliable for drops, especially with farming groups being quite common and loot being personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Definitely. It's really not all that bad. I made a Hunter about a week or two ago, and with on/off LFD and BGs will full heirlooms (minus the ring, so that's a 45% increase in XP), I hit 77 today. That's with a DPS queue and never once queuing with friends/guildies (though I occasionally got a second/third queue with random tanks/healers in LFD), and again, I leveled him very on/off.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I'm not sure if this is better, but there's this:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=120170/p...y-digested-bag

15-20% drop rate from Steamwheedle rares and the Elixir is a 30% drop rate from that. There's often Steam rep grps in Custom.
    Unfortunately OP missed the boat on this one, bag drop rate got ninja-nerfed big time a few weeks after WoD release. Early on, some friends and I farmed tons of these, we easily got one or two per hour, per player. Nowadays you're lucky to get a single one in the whole group. Fortunately for me I have like 15 of them in my bank.