Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How in Hellscream...

Did Blizzard get from this beast:

...To this piece of crap?

Face and arms are fine. They probably thought ogres needed to keep their belly, with all this roman aristocracy thing they have in Draenor.

Had the artists had more time, they could have made a 'brute' model for guys like the Butcher that looked a bit more like that artwork.

Because it's concept art, and they probably wanted to keep them resembling like the ogres we know instead of making them look radically different?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Because it's concept art, and they probably wanted to keep them resembling like the ogres we know instead of making them look radically different?
    or
    lazy gits + wow receives hardly any money and brain power put into it, HS and the new games is their focus

wow is just revenue milk
    Last edited by mmoc0aa45d37f2; 2015-03-22 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    or
    lazy gits + money receives hardly any money and brain power put into it, HS and the new games is their focus

wow is just revenue milk
    This thread is going far.

/prepares tin foil hat + popcorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Concept art is concept art, many things just looks better on the pencil strokes and paper. I have hardly seen a game who completely followed their concept art.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2015-03-22 at 11:04 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    lazy gits + money receives hardly any money and brain power put into it, HS and the new games is their focus
    Doesn't the ogre model goes back to vanilla (where according to tinfoil hat people, wow was better)?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Try googling strongman, the ogres ingame look alot like strongmen, (Men who train only to be strong, and don't care much for looks. They are the guys lifting rocks and moving trucks.)
    I think they look good ingame, they don't look aesthetic like bodybuilders, but like beasts who could roll a boulder up a mountain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Doesn't the ogre model goes back to vanilla (where according to tinfoil hat people, wow was better)?
    Well, the skeleton does but the skin doesn't, they have recieved their updates.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    vanilla was 10 years ago..surely they could come up with something better now, warhammer did 7 years ago

Deleted
    This is more into the direction of the Ogres ingame:

10+ Year Old Account
    Ones a sketch and the other is computer animated. Thats why!

Here's a pic of Illidan!

And here is his in game picture

all art and concept art is better than the actual product but WoW has its own style they got to incorporate. That ogre would look so out of place in WoW's universe!
    Last edited by Orby; 2015-03-22 at 01:14 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

or
    lazy gits + wow receives hardly any money and brain power put into it, HS and the new games is their focus

wow is just revenue milk
    this. sad but true.

Deleted
    Are you honestly trying to compare concept art/illustrations with in-game models?
    No wonder you are disappointed

Deleted
    Yeah, WoW is going downhill fast. Just look at this flawless execution from concept art to ingame model from way back when the game had a soul!

To

Darn those greedy jerks and their need to harsh my artistic buzz!

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Ones a sketch and the other is computer animated. Thats why!

Here's a pic of Illidan!

all art and concept art is better than the actual product but WoW has its own style they got to incorporate. That ogre would look so out of place in WoW's universe!
    Good god i almost forgot how terrible illidans in game model was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft Ogres have gotta have big bellies - concept art is cool but I never thought of it as 'fitting' for a WoW ogre. I actually miss some features of the old ogres, and their nostrils like wheel arches.

That first image doesn't even look like an ogre, it looks like a gronn with armor on. Pass. I actually really like the direction of the ogres in-game.

There are very few games that have achieved the same exact look as their concept art.

That new Crowfall game looks like it's doing a decent job of it though. No other MMO really has imo. GW2 probably has the best concept art of any MMO (imo) and the game looks nothing like it.