Deleted

Oregorger MM

Hey everyone,

tonight i m hardtrying on Oregorger MM with my guild full of slackers. To prepare this event I have some questions that maybe you guys can help me with ! Thanks in advance for all your answers.

1 - Is it possible to jump over the fire spread by oregorger's eggs in P2 ? That way you won t take any damage ? Like in Everbloom ? Couldn't really tell from youtube videos. My MT1 told me you could do that 100 % but I don t trust this slacker.

2- Is it better to spread or to pack the raid at the beginning of the P2 ? If you spread you can kill the crates faster I guess but then the raid is more susceptible to die.

3- Do shields count as mitigation in order to reduce the damages done by [acid torrent] on the raid ? Like with cocoon or power word shield.
    Couldn't find any clear answer on that matter :x.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my post.
    Last edited by mmocd906c32dbd; 2015-03-22 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    1) It's possible, however it's also really unreliable and hard, you have to do it at a really specific timing. So I wouldn't recommend building a strat around that. Just tell people when they will move through a fire they can't avoid to try it, nothing to lose.

2)What most people do, depending on p2 strat as well of course, is move together as a pack. Then you can have a few people that can survive go alone and kill crates you want them to kill (ie hunters with deter/disengage, mages with tw/invi etc).

3) This part I'm not 100% sure on. The journal states absorbs don't work iirc, but many people say they do. So I can't give you a certain answer, but your priest should be probably shielding tanks anyway.

Deleted
    1) No idea on this one, we just run through them, the damage is pretty neglectable unless you happen to be at the crossroad and get 5+ waves. Everyone's personal battle.

2) We stack at the start, with ranged picking up pre-assigned boxes on the outer lanes. You can kinda force him to roll to a specific lane but this is not 100% reliable.

3) Yes, absorbs work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynethen View Post
    1) No idea on this one, we just run through them, the damage is pretty neglectable unless you happen to be at the crossroad and get 5+ waves. Everyone's personal battle.

2) We stack at the start, with ranged picking up pre-assigned boxes on the outer lanes. You can kinda force him to roll to a specific lane but this is not 100% reliable.

3) Yes, absorbs work.
    Point 2) is incorrect. Apart from the first roll (which can go either right or left because you won't have killed any Ore crates when he makes it), you can completely control which way the boss is rolling. He will only ever roll to a place where there is Blackrock Ore, which means a proper kill-order on crates will guide Oregorger around the room in the exact pattern that you want him to roll.

Point 3 is wrong. Mitigation is about dmg reduction. Absorb will not affect the Acid Torrent. The point of mitigation is to reduce by a certain % the dmg it will do to the raid which a shield does not procure you. Pain sup for priest would work well tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Liandryl View Post
    Point 3 is wrong. Mitigation is about dmg reduction. Absorb will not affect the Acid Torrent. The point of mitigation is to reduce by a certain % the dmg it will do to the raid which a shield does not procure you. Pain sup for priest would work well tho.
    Except they're right, and you're wrong. Fully absorbing the acid torrent, with zero defensives up, will hit the raid for 173K - the minimum that an acid torrent can splash for. Go ahead and test it if you'd like, but absorbs do work here, which is why monks are godlike on this encounter (lolGuard).

Deleted
    Glad to see a nice little debate between you guys. NOW FIGHT.

Proof that my questions were somewhat not that stupid.

I m gonna assume you can t dodge the fire, and you can shield the torrent. We ll see for the P2 strategy xD.

Thanks all for ur answers, advices, even tho I can't really see a majority.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way you say that absorbs works but when does it work exactly ?

The torrent hit à 1 314 K, the shield works on this number or AFTER the % reduction from the CDs ?

So much theorycrafting, much wow.

This is what we used for Phase 2 and it works beautifully, it has very little learning curve once you mark the room and people remember what to do.

http://i.imgur.com/JPgnf0U.jpg

Deleted
    Definitely gonna try ur strat Meroko . So you send meless in the green group, with some healers too I guess and the ranged in the blue team with some healers too I guess ?

What is the ideal heal comp on this encounter ? 5 healers ? Last night we had 1 rdrood 1 dp 1 holy & 2 hpals.

Here are the logs of the fight :https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aJWwMNFkKDGZ8CTz much slacking.

About absorbs, I did tries where I spammed Clarity of Will on the tank taking the acid torrent, it looked to me like there was less damage going on and it was easier to maintain but in the end I felt it was a better decision to just put a shield on the acid torrent soaker and shield the most people I could from the ranged group.

They work, but it's capped, so if the tanks do their job well, absorbs on them won't do much, you better off putting absorbs on ranged group, it's not really hard to do.

We used the diagram 2 posts up, it took less than an hour to kill once everybody understood what to do.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

This sums up people who needlessly complicate the intermissions on Oregorger:

It's not complicated. Four groups w/ a healer at each intersection, kill the outer boxes before the inner boxes. Move the boss back to his original position when he's done. Don't get hit by fire, don't get rolled. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.