Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

which class for season 3?

hi there,
    with S2 ending soon and S3 starting soon after I would like to plan out my next seasonal character.

I am fairly softcore player, playing couple hours a day not everyday. In S2 I made a Monk and that was the first time I got to doing T6.
    So my question is - which class looks OP enough and that doesn't require a full set to start looking OP *after* I get to endgame?

thanks for any tips.

Deleted
    Whirlwind Barb <3

Going for Monk but I play HC.
    I assume you can pretty much play every class on T6 without any uber gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaggi View Post
    Whirlwind Barb <3
    ^ Definitly a WW barb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shield Bash Crusader.

I tried playing something else in Season 2, went for a pet WD... Hit 70 and went back to my Condemn Crusader , I just can't play any of the other classes after I've experienced the holy glory of the Crusade. With the buffs to Roland's and the new bracers I'm all about Shield Slamming my way to insanity next season .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Uhm, S2 just started? Are they planning for it to be significantly shorter than S1?
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I always play Barbarian so will be doing that, spec I play will depend on what drops. Currently IK set and Raekors are about equal. The new Wrath of the Wastes WW set last I tested was not as good as either. You could play Raekor and have perma ancients from the IK (which you can also do now), but due to only needing the 2 piece IK you can play both while also using Vile Wards, maybe Leorics Crown too if you use the IK Maul.. That should be a decent setup next patch.

I'l probably have a mess around with Demon Hunter too, but if the seasons are gonna be only 6 weeks long I won't really have much time to play one character, let alone two.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Uhm, S2 just started? Are they planning for it to be significantly shorter than S1?
    Clearly, as S3 starts in less than 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-03-23 at 04:43 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The last two seasons I leveled a crusader first, got pigeonholed into a fire spec by drops which is fun, but not able to progress. I then leveled a monk and blast away. This season even more so as 3pc sunwuko translated to instant T6 and more Grift progress than I've ever had. So...logic tells me I should probably level a monk first this time.

However, I just started playing a wizard at max b/c I had enough firebird drops on other characters to start rocking right away. Been playing with hydras, fire blizzard, and fire black hole and it's been incredibly fun. I can easily do T3 right off the bat, but I am squiiishy. I decided to play with groups to try and mitigate the amount of hits to my face and it's been really fun.

So for me it's a toss up btw wizard or monk to start off, but I'll probably play both.
    BAD WOLF

I was thinking about working on a range class in S3 - how are demon hunters looking?

What was awesome for me in S2 with Monk was ease of progression - with a good build I could do T1 5mins after 70lvl. With Sunwooku 2 piece I was quickly in T2-3 territory, and with RoRG and Wooku 4 piece bonus I went straight into T6.

My question is if there is a class with such relative easy progression path to T6. Reading that you need to have a 6 piece set in order to do T6 is definitely a worrying thing for me.

DH looks as strong as ever, and both new sets (UE and Nat) are very strong options.

As for me, if i manage to get back the internet connection (highly unlikley) i'm going with a DH to try again the starfe build with Nat. If not, probably running a wizard for teh lulz to get to 70 and 400 achievemnt points so i get xmog and banners stuff.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will go barb the next season for sure!
    Went dh first one crusader the second :P
    Retired

Deleted
    My plan is going with a wizard but the ''LF DH or Barb +35grift farm'' spam really don't encourage me, i want to push some decent grift next season and im afraid that i will have hard time with groups

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going Witch Doctor. Already got DH in normal game, and Crusader during Season 2. Don't have a specific build in mind, i'll just use one depending on items i get.

DH is still overpowered
    Barbs will still beat them in solo leaderboards though

Barb

Did crusader in S1, monk and barb S2 (started as monk, used shards to gear out a barb).

Probably going to start next season as barb, then do a crusader via shards. Monk requires less set pieces, but with one of the Sunwuko set being amulet, and helm slot for monk having both helms and spirit stones, it can be a bit annoying to farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    toss up between DH and barb currently.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    DH group play
    Barb solo

Or you could just play what ever you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't decide between Wiz and Barb.

Barb is as good as always, but would like to go wiz if the boring Firebird is no longer the only way to be on the ladder.

The best class going into s3 is demon hunter followed by witch doctor. However, barb and wizard are also good. Crusader seems to be lagging behind based on ptr results but I suspect that's simply because not many people play or test crusader.

If you care about group play though, dh/monk/wd is the way to go (again, mostly DH). Barbs and wizards have no place in higher grift group play sadly.

Probably going for monk myself. It's the one class I have zero experience at 70.