Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Don't Trust Anyone.

Make him trade the gold first. THEN and only then, do you give him the mount. Never, EVER, trade your end of it first. EVER.

When you go into a store, do they give you the item before you pay the money? Hell no. Same thing here. Make him pay the money, then you give him the item.
    Mind you if the trade is done this way round, there's nothing to stop the guy running away with the gold, without trading the item on the other realm. Either way, it's based entirely on trust, and Blizzard won't help if it goes wrong.

EDIT: Just realised the way you worded it basically implies you're the only trustworthy person in WoW, and nobody else should be trusted
    Last edited by Elaris; 2015-03-23 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Thanks, Mister 60s posts poster. Sounds reassuring. Except for the lie

You can not. I even posted a quote from Blizzard stating that right in the post above yours.

OT: The collateral Idea from Geers is a great improvement for savety. However, it adds logistical hurdles and more time to your trades. It may also sometimes be counterproductive for trust.

Well, you can always report. This will not grant your golds back but might incite punishments. They may be not severe, like 3hour or 2days ban or something and Blizzard will not tell you they punished him because their policy, but it would add up in case of someone else reporting them after, or having reported them before you leading to longer (permanent) bans if they continue scamming.
    but do they keep the mount?if they scam you and why do people keep saying "This will not grant your golds back" i already said i know it does not grant gold back
    Last edited by mmoc1bc8e6de49; 2015-03-23 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    They don't do that anymore. If you get scammed a GM will not help you.
    If someone scams you over Profession work, they will.

e.g., you want Item X made using your mats. You give these mats to Player Y and explain to him exactly what you wanted. He ninja logs off and doesn't make the item. You report him, he gets banned.

Obviously, this isn't Profession work, but I'm just saying they will assist in some cases.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So Blizzard won't even police legitimate in-game trades because it's "unsupported"? It's this type of DGAF attitude that makes the game more toxic for everyone but hey it looks like they don't even enforce their own codified policies in other areas so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.