Thread: Gruul tactics?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    2 tanks, 5 heals.

3 groups of 6 people (excluding tanks), lets call them group A, B, C

Tank 1 taunts the boss to spread the Slice on group A, then group B, then group C. CD on the tank 1 when he eats the 3d slice (it hurts)
    then Tank 2 taunts the boss to spread the Slice on group A, then B, then C. CD also on the third slice if needed.

SUPER EASY. Dont over complicate it, no need 3 tanks, no need "soakers" or whatever.
    Although you may hate it if you dont have a disc priest in your raid. This shit is broken.
    I would say a 3rd tank certainly has more uses then overhealing it with an extra healer...

4dk tanks 2 healers
    no other spells other than inferno slice in p1
    raid takes almost 0 damage

Deleted
    Why not 2 tanks with 2 groups?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ebius View Post
    Why not 2 tanks with 2 groups?
    3 groups is a bit more convenient for spreading for raid-wide petrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    We used this for our first attempts, and it seriously over-complicates things. 2 tanks 3 camps (7 in 2 camps, 4 in 1 camp with soakers) is almost the same, 2 in 1 camp, 2 in the next and the 3rd camp as people who can soak massive damage (we use 2 rogues and 2 mages).

The 3 tank method never makes sense, just 2 tank it.
    How is that complicated, honestly? Do what my guild does and assign each tank a group to sit near. Tank 1 takes slice 1 and 2, Tank 2 takes slice 3, Tank 3 takes slice 4 & 5, repeat. It's simple.

You probably don't need 3 tanks anymore, but if you want to 4 heal the fight you should probably go with 3 tanks until you have the fight on farm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I would say a 3rd tank certainly has more uses then overhealing it with an extra healer...
    Exactly this. Tonight our 3rd tank did just as much damage as the top DPS in the raid. Now obviously he's an exception because he's an amazing player, but in your average guild an extra tank contributing 20k DPS and adding a safety net incase one dies and there's no brez is far more convenient than a 5th healer who...kinda just heals.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Killed it this timer.

3 groups (5-6-6 players, the tanks not included)

1 slice per each group, 1-1-1, 1-1-1, 1-1-1.
    You need 4 stacks on tanks to properly reset, so easiest to heal is 2-1-1 (with best tank class doing the 2 stacks, dk\monks shine).

So, easy boss, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Exactly this. Tonight our 3rd tank did just as much damage as the top DPS in the raid. Now obviously he's an exception because he's an amazing player, but in your average guild an extra tank contributing 20k DPS and adding a safety net incase one dies and there's no brez is far more convenient than a 5th healer who...kinda just heals.
    WTH? Class, spec, number please. I'm considering leveling another tank.

Edit: I assume it was DK with breath of imbagosa. Sadly I'll need quite a bit of gear to pull that playstyle off :F
    Last edited by Arcangnom; 2015-03-25 at 06:53 AM.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Tank A is a newly dinged 630 monk in dungeon gear btw.

Monks are balanced.
    Yeah if you have a monk prepare for some fresh fragrant cheese.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcangnom View Post
    WTH? Class, spec, number please. I'm considering leveling another tank.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=6

He plays a Blood DK and pulled 39.9k on that fight. Normally he plays a DPS and has always been an extraordinary DPSer, usually ranking the top 10% of his class even while tanking in SoO. So I'm not really surprised.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

He plays a Blood DK and pulled 39.9k on that fight. Normally he plays a DPS and has always been an extraordinary DPSer, usually ranking the top 10% of his class even while tanking in SoO. So I'm not really surprised.
    It requires a lot of multistrike (haste helps too) to sustain breath for infinity, which sacrifices survival stats. That said, there is constant magic damage going out on gruul, which converts into a lot of healing from breath (over half of that from death strikes!), so it seems amazingly viable on gruul. I'm gonna have to try this on my DK, even though I don't really have the right stats for it
    -

does Rogue/DK can be in soakers group?
    is it safer to put 5 in soakers group incase someone screw ?

Rest of the DPS in that log are pretty massively under performing for their ilvl the tank is the only person above the 75th percentile. Over half of your DPS are under the 20th percentile in THEIR ILVL bracket. Blood DK is certainly strong dps with the right gear and situation but any well played and geared DPS can beat it. Especially on mythic gruul.

Funny enough he could have done more. He used Icy Touch and Plague Strike too much. 1 Outbreak when its on a 1m cd and its free. Thats 6 death strikes he lost on. Plus any extra open globals for CS procs.

Deleted
    We used 2 groups with 2 tanks. The priest specced into tank healing and it went fine.