Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Display WA, including 2pc, 4pc, and DP

Hello Holy Pally friends!

I wanted to share a Weakauras 2 string that I made that I find useful. I recently switched from a Resto Shaman to a Holy Pally at the launch of BRF. I also have a Feral Druid that I play and my friend recommended me to a WA string from Pawkets called Pawkets Feral Display that inspired me to make this WA for my Holy Pally.

I hope this helps anyone looking for a good Holy Pally Weak Aura or that wants customize it with their own preferences. I am far from skilled with Weak Aura's, this is the first one that I put a lot of time into and I couldn't have done it without the help of Pawkets Feral Display for a baseline. I hope you enjoy this WA!

Functionality:

Simple on screen display to track:
    1. Holy Power
    2. The CD of Avenging Wrath
    3. The Duration of Avenging Wrath
    3. The CD of your T90 Talent
    4. The CD of Holy Shock
    5. The T17 2PC and 4PC Procs and their Duration
    6. Divine Purpose Procs and the Duration

Below are some screen shots of what it looks like in game (I keep it in the middle of my screen, just below my character.)

The order of the 2nd slot has been fixed and will display in the following priority:
    1. Divine Purpose Proc - Blue Judgment Icon
    2. T17 2pc Proc - Green EF Icon
    3. T17 4pc Proc - LoD Icon
    4. EF Icon with 3 HP

Enhanced Holy Shock Proc's will display a Blue Holy Shock Icon over the regular Icon with a duration

Base Layout

With 4 Holy Power and EF available to use

This shows the T17 4PC Proc with a LoD in place of the EF Icon
    This also displays a green progress bar at the top for the duration of Avenging Wrath

This displays the T17 2PC Proc with a Green Icon for EF

This displays a Divine Purpose Proc which is the Blue Judgement Icon

Note when Holy Shock, Avenging Wrath and your T90 talent are on Cooldown it will show the remaining duration as well.

Here is a link to the pastebin for the WA
    http://pastebin.com/YdM8AZtM

Here is an additional link to my Holy Pally bar that goes below my raid frames it tracks the CD and availability of all kinds of good stuff.
    http://pastebin.com/rsGSPrRJ

- - - Updated - - -

As a healer, I've always been one for trying to minimize stuff that is taking up space on my screen and trying to have a clean UI. Making this Weak Aura, along with my "Holy Pally Bar" Weak Aura I made that displays icons and cds for a few important abilities, I've been able to reduce a lot of the clutter and have a clean UI. I have hidden the bars on my screen and have basically reduced my UI to only displaying these weakauras, my raid frames, my character frame, my target frame (Optional Focus Frame), boss frames, raid CD tracker, BigWigs timers and of course my castbar, Gnosis, which is a great addon.

I wanted to share this WA here with you all to help anyone that is also looking to do the same. I really hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions in game. Naxe#1598 is my btag.

3/28/15, edited the pastebin link for the Display WA. There were some sizing/overlapping issues that were hardly noticeable like the width of the Holy Shock Icon was 49 and the others were 50 because it was slightly overlapping. Anyways, those are fixed now.
    Last edited by Naxe; 2015-03-28 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Updated with Images and Links

Deleted
    copy with links:

Quote Originally Posted by Naxe View Post
    Hello Holy Pally friends!

I wanted to share a Weakauras 2 string that I made that I find useful. I recently switched from a Resto Shaman to a Holy Pally at the launch of BRF. I also have a Feral Druid that I play and my friend recommended me to a WA string from Pawkets called Pawkets Feral Display that inspired me to make this WA for my Holy Pally.

I hope this helps anyone looking for a good Holy Pally Weak Aura or that wants customize it with their own preferences. I am far from skilled with Weak Aura's, this is the first one that I put a lot of time into and I couldn't have done it without the help of Pawkets Feral Display for a baseline. I hope you enjoy this WA!

Functionality:

Simple on screen display to track:
    1. Holy Power
    2. The CD of Avenging Wrath
    3. The Duration of Avenging Wrath
    3. The CD of your T90 Talent
    4. The CD of Holy Shock
    5. The T17 2PC and 4PC Procs and their Duration
    6. Divine Purpose Procs and the Duration

Below are some screen shots of what it looks like in game (I keep it in the middle of my screen, just below my character.)

Unfortunately I'm not able to post links or images yet, but I did my best with the links

Base Layout
    i.imgur.com/wxnFzxv.jpg

With 4 Holy Power and EF available to use
    i.imgur.com/kkfUdhN.jpg

This shows the T17 4PC Proc with a LoD in place of the EF Icon
    This also displays a green progress bar at the top for the duration of Avenging Wrath
    i.imgur.com/4EIBcHj.jpg

This displays the T17 2PC Proc with a Green Icon for EF
    i.imgur.com/Zgg7N04.jpg

This displays a Divine Purpose Proc which is the Blue Judgement Icon
    i.imgur.com/Y41LR4W.jpg

Note when Holy Shock, Avenging Wrath and your T90 talent are on Cooldown it will show the remaining duration as well.

Here is a link to the pastebin for the WA
    pastebin.com/RHDeTJbm

Here is an additional link to my Holy Pally bar that goes below my raid frames it tracks the CD and availability of all kinds of good stuff.
    pastebin.com/rsGSPrRJ

- - - Updated - - -

As a healer, I've always been one for trying to minimize stuff that is taking up space on my screen and trying to have a clean UI. Making this Weak Aura, along with my "Holy Pally Bar" Weak Aura I made that displays icons and cds for a few important abilities, I've been able to reduce a lot of the clutter and have a clean UI. I have hidden the bars on my screen and have basically reduced my UI to only displaying these weakauras, my raid frames, my character frame, my target frame (Optional Focus Frame), boss frames, raid CD tracker, BigWigs timers and of course my castbar, Gnosis, which is a great addon.

I wanted to share this WA here with you all to help anyone that is also looking to do the same. I really hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions in game. Naxe#1598 is my btag.

Very nice, tested it for a couple of dungeons and this is the feedback I can give.

It would be nice if you had an indication for when Enhanced holy shock is triggered, right now I'm unsure whether the HS went off or not in some situations. I usually don't pay that much attention to my HP-meter (I don't use the one you included with this WA) because I'm so used to holy that I just glance it sometimes if I lose track of the stacks. If you could add the regular glow effect that you get on your normal bars when it's up I'd appreciate it. Right now I just have a bar with 3 slots to track CD on HS, prism/other 90 talent and cleanse.

Also I'm unsure how the priority of the procs show on the EF icon, the 4pc bonus should only show if DP or 2pc proc is not active.

Otherwise very solid WA, I think I'm going to replace my old tracking system with this, because it's essentially the same but much more compact.

Edit: Just checked the triggers for DP and the tier procs. And I believe that the priority for what to display should be DP/2pc (shortest remaining time first, not really that important though because you'd want to spend all your DP on EF casts anyway) and only show 4pc if others aren't active.

Edit2: Added HS proc myself by adding a trigger to HS ready and adding another icon to show (with glow!). Link here: http://pastebin.com/yYr5i9r3
    Last edited by scmeck; 2015-03-24 at 03:37 PM.

First off, thank you for adding the links, I appreciate that.

Also, Yes that is a great idea to change the priority around a bit. I hadn't put too much thought into it because I'm generally spending as many of the procs as I'm able to be it 4pc or 2pc, and they don't often overlap with DP procs.

I will also add that I don't use all of my DP procs on LoD, and there are times in a fight where I will prioritize LoD over using EF in raids. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen, so for myself personally, I don't mind the priority of the display.

I can change the triggers to show DP 1st, 2pc 2nd, 4pc 3rd, and regular 3hp EF last.

I hadn't thought to isolate Enhanced Holy Shock since you're pretty much always using HS whenever it is available anyways, but I can see some value in having that.

I will also add a color shade to define the enhanced HS as well later this afternoon when I get home and will edit the post.

Glad that you enjoy it.
    Last edited by Naxe; 2015-03-24 at 06:13 PM.

First off, thank you for adding the links, I appreciate that.

Also, Yes that is a great idea to change the priority around a bit. I hadn't put too much thought into it because I'm generally spending as many of the procs as I'm able to be it 4pc or 2pc, and they don't often overlap with DP procs.

I will also add that I don't use all of my DP procs on LoD, and there are times in a fight where I will prioritize LoD over using EF in raids. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen, so for myself personally, I don't mind the priority of the display.

I can change the triggers to show DP 1st, 2pc 2nd, 4pc 3rd, and regular 3hp EF last.

I hadn't thought to isolate Enhanced Holy Shock since you're pretty much always using HS whenever it is available anyways, but I can see some value in having that.

I will also add a color shade to define the enhanced HS as well later this afternoon when I get home and will edit the post.

Glad that you enjoy it.
    Yeah, showing 4pc and 2pc/DP separately would be optimal, as you said somtimes you'd rather use LoD. The HS proc is just a personal preference so I can plan ahead knowing i can cast 2 shocks in a row.

Updated the string to show:

Blue Holy Shock Icon for Enhanced HS proc that overlaps the regular HS.
    Order of procs that they will display if more than one is showing: DP, 2pc, 4pc, regular EF.

New pastebin is in the OP

Deleted
    Good work man!

Thank you for sharing your weakauras

Awesome WA. THank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rano View Post
    Awesome WA. THank you so much.
    You're welcome, I'm glad you like it.

With the recent issues with Hermes and the lack of customization with some other addons I'm going to try and work on making a WA string to track Raid CD's, availability, spell cooldown and an alert when they are used. If that works hopefully I can do the same in a separate string for externals that has the same functionality.

Order of procs that they will display if more than one is showing: DP, 2pc, 4pc, regular EF.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but that order doesn't make sense, it will always consume the tier procs before consuming the Divine Purpose proc so placing Divine Purpose ahead in the order seems counter intuitive. I would suggest displaying the tier procs in one location and the Divine Purpose proc in another, since they can actually be active at the same time (DP and either of the tier bonuses that is).

The reason they are in that order is because the duration of DP proc is less than the duration of the 2pc/4pc duration.

That being said, I agree with you and am considering a different option to display DP Procs, maybe as a border around the entire WA. I actually hadn't noticed that 2pc/4pc procs were consumed first, I had assumed that it would consume the lowest duration proc first.

I will add, the circumstances in the scenarios where you're going to have all 3 procs active is highly unlikely. The same is true even where you have two procs up, displaying DP and say you were going to cast EF to begin with, you use that DP on EF, it's likely not going to matter that you get to cast 2 EF's now. Same is true if you are going to cast LoD.

At least for me personally, when I play I am not in a situation where if I get a DP proc and a 4pc proc, I see the DP proc and I am in a situation where I'm going to use LoD, so I cast that LoD and I still have my DP Proc to spend on either EF or another LoD. I also try to use as many of the procs as often as I can, so even if I have multiple procs I'm most likely going to use them all regardless if DP is overlapping the EF icon.
    Last edited by Naxe; 2015-03-26 at 09:28 PM.

Hello Naxe,
    I was using your original WA before add the enhanced holy shock feature. So today I installed the new version and found one problem, when enhanced holy shock procs it's showing the duration of the buff, i think would be better if could show the holy shock cd, once that it doesn't refresh the skill and sometimes holy shock its on cd.
    Anyway ty for the strings and sry for my poor brazilian english.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WA is awesome. Alltho i would use the spells icons for the tier procs / DP
    Plus when DP and tier sets procs at the same time they should all be shown, without a set priority coz it really depends on the situation.

I have a separate WA that displays when Holy Shock is usable that shows up similar to the standard blizzard procs. It's basically two white curved lines that show on each side of my character when it is usable, which is why I like the Enhanced HS icon to display the duration. I have been playing around with the Enh HS Proc Icon though a bit. Here is a screen shot of what I'm talking about, you can see the white lines around my character.

I've had a lot of people ask me to have it display different things in different ways, but honestly I made this WA for myself and without trying to sound rude at all, It works how I want it to. I just wanted to share it in case some other players could benefit from it.

With that being said, you're welcome to customize the WA in your own way and I'll do my best to help you. Like I said, I am not an expert with WA at all. For example though, if you want the 2pc and 4pc proc to display a different Icon, open the WA string and go to the 2pc Proc or 4pc Proc icon and check the box under display that says, "Automatic Icon". Of course for the 2pc proc you will also have to change the color so it's not green by clicking on the color box and setting it to 255, 255, 255.

I have a separate WA that displays when Holy Shock is usable that shows up like the standard blizzard procs kind of. It's basically two white lines that show on each side of my character when it is usable, which is why I like the Enhanced HS icon to display the duration.

If you want to be able to seperate the DP and the set procs, I would suggest either A. Moving the DP Proc Icon to another location or B. You can delete the DP proc Icon and create a new Weak Aura. For example, if you want a Blue Glowing Square around the 2nd Icon whenever DP is active you could do that. Really there are a lot of different ways that you can customize this WeakAura to your own personal preference.

I've had a lot of people ask me to change it to display different things in different ways, unfortunately I cannot accommodate everyone's personal requests, even though I wish I could. In all honestly I made this WA for myself and I set it up to function and operate the way that I want it to. It works perfectly for how I want it to function, I really just wanted to share this WA with others that might find it beneficial as well or that can tweak it to their own liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not very good with WA myself :P Mind if i poke ur pm box to ask you a couple ot things?

yeah that's fine, ill do my best to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy question, i have some bars others than you AW one, they are all in dynamic grp, can i merge the two things?

You can remove them from one group and add them to another yes.

Deleted
    Awesome auras! I would suggest adding an Infusion of Light procc in your Base Layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Esthos View Post
    Awesome auras! I would suggest adding an Infusion of Light procc in your Base Layout.
    Thanks! I'm glad you like them. I'm actually a big fan of the standard Blizzard Auras. I like having things around my character, like when Holy Shock is usable, even though I have it on the WA too which is overkill. With the IoL proc, I think the standard blizzard WA thing is perfect for me, but I could add something to that effect. Maybe a glow effect somewhere, i'm not sure.