Best Addons for hunters?

Obviously weak auras but what else do you use?

I heard some talk about an MD addon and an interrupt addon. Anything else out there?

There's no real quintessential must-have hunter addon. A lot people use ElvUI. My UI is nothing but bartender, weakauras, and BigWigs.

EDIT: Also quartz
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2015-03-23 at 01:39 PM.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

i like jshb, includes various things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    There's no real quintessential must-have hunter addon.
    Almost right! But every hunter should have installed Cowadooty hitmarker addon (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/call...tyle-hitmarker) along with various gunsound mods!

Deleted
    I am using JSHB addon but ever since WoD I find it less useful. But I still use Quartz too for nostalgia so yeah nothing especially crucial for your pew pew.

What is jshb, funny autocorrect makes that Kahn! In his best capt Kirk impression!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    JSHB and WA's can generally cover everything, macros can help with interrupts and using MD on a target/focus without deselecting your current target.

Need to know, pitbull, quartz, omnicc, dbm, skada, weak auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Problim View Post
    Almost right! But every hunter should have installed Cowadooty hitmarker addon (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/call...tyle-hitmarker) along with various gunsound mods!
    Definitely this! Also, WIM to make in-game chat more sane, and Scrap to help keep those junk items out of your inventory!

...because there is *no* addon that is required for you. Not even WeakAuras is required, because TellMeWhen, ExtraCD, Blizzard built-in indicators, MSBT, Parrot, Raven, and approximately a million other addons can do the same things, and TBH, you can play well enough without them that someone asking "what addons should I use" is going to do just fine anyway.

JSHB = JS' Hunter Bar.

It covers interrupts, enrages, outputs for party/raid and tracking of spells along with a really useful focus bar. This is pretty much the hunter addon to have in my own view.

Deleted
    If you know how to use weak auras, it can replace a lot of other addons. Eg. you can create a castbar (no quartz / other needed anymore) or track interrupts (no extra interrupt addon). I personally like that I can put most stuff into that one addon.

What is a MD addon? I use a macro for that.

I was thinking like a hover over click or even a grid where u could just click a tank and it would auto cast md on them. I was trying to eliminate another button as I have 9 g keys that are higher priority

I use a combo of everything, which really is probably the best avenue -- build off of previously made/tuned UI items/addons, and create your own setup that flows well for -you-.

I use JSHB for announces/some minor displays -- TellMeWhen for spell cooldowns/procs/etc. -- custom focus bar -- extracd for trinket icds -- weakauras for raid stuff/custom things I want.

Many others I'm forgetting -- Elvui, etc.
    Raider (Hunter) with TF on US-Hyjal Horde 7/7M HM (US 20th) - 10/10M BRF (US 21st) Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Nobullraider View Post
    I was thinking like a hover over click or even a grid where u could just click a tank and it would auto cast md on them. I was trying to eliminate another button as I have 9 g keys that are higher priority
    Clique will let you add click-to-cast or hover-to-cast bindings to any spell over any unit frame; I would recommend that and your regular unit frames if this is what you want.

I use an MD addon that updates the macro to target someone by name -- my pet, when solo, the party tank in 5 person content, whatever tank I select in raid, etc. Which means I don't need to worry about hover-casting, or using my focus slot, or whatever, to MD to the right person. Only limit is that it can't update in combat, because it edits the macro, but that is rarely an issue.

Deleted
    anyone have Devai's Beast Within WeakAura? Lost it

Quote Originally Posted by Nobullraider View Post
    I have a solution to this.

1. I use Clique and I have shift + LeftClick assigned to Misdirect
    2. I have a macro (button = r) that casts Misdirect on my focus target (if it exists) or it casts misdirect on my pet secondary (which is more for levelling and doing outdoor quests).

I also have a keybind (ctrl+F) to set my mouse-over target to my focus.

When I raid, I ctrl+F the main tank as soon as I start the raid and I leave them set as my focus for misdirect. If for some reason, I need to switch my focus (splits on Thogar for example), I just ctrl+F the tank in my group and use my misdirect macro as needed. Last, if I need to misdirect someone on the fly, I simply use the clique keybind and click them in the raid frames.

I, for one, use the following (just for UI changes / enhances):
    - Elvui
    - JSHB
    - WA2.0
    - Skada (Adjust this to show x numbers of bars depending on amount of hunters in your group )

10+ Year Old Account
    WeakAuras. Absolutely an essential AddOn for anyone I think.

I just have bartender, SUF, skada, big wigs..