Thread: [TV] iZombie

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] iZombie

Stumbled upon this show last night when I couldn't sleep and it felt like love at first sight. There is only one episode with the second episode airing tomorrow (24th march).

ImDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3501584/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQhzQDW4L84

Anyone else seen it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to ignore it as a dumb CW zombie series until I learned that it was adapted for TV and written by Rob Thomas. As a huge Veronica Mars fan I had to at least give it a shot and I am glad I did. Based on just the first episode, it's pretty much just Veronica Mars if Veronica was a zombie with a little bit of Psych tossed in. Looking forward to seeing more of it. If nothing else, some of the character names are pretty funny puns. The Zombie girl Liv Moore, her seeming perfect ex fiance Major Lilywhite, Weatherman Johnny Frost, and frat boy turned zombie Blaine Debeers.

I did a bit of looking into the comics and it looks like beyond zombies, other supernatural things like ghosts and a were-terrier also play a role so I hope they are going to include that in the TV series as well.

Watched it, enjoyed it, not sure if I'll watch it on air or just watch it on hulu after air. Seemed to have a good humor about it, though first episodes are sometimes a little rough on the chemistry.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Watched the 2nd episode and I have to say that I like this show more and more. If they keep this up I think it could get really good. Blaine was abit "cliché" though ;p

I like it, was just hoping it'd be a bit less metaplot. Shifting focus between the mystery of the week and the overarching zombie apocalypse detracts from the fun nature of the show for me. I'd prefer it all be about Liv and crew.

Love this show already, but then again i'm a big veronica mars fan. Blaine reminds me of a mix between spike (buffy) and mason (dead like me) funny thing being that the characters in both shows are undead too lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually just saw it on Hulu and I watched it on a whim while I was bored. I definitely don't regret it. Obviously, it's only 2 episodes in, but so far I've been enjoying it and I think it has a ton of potential.

I'm really enjoying this show, way more than I was expecting. And that zombie girl is so cute, which doesn't hurt. Everyone should give it a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, this week's episode was insane. This show just gets better every week. Definitely watch a few episodes if you've been sleeping on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Damn, this week's episode was insane. This show just gets better every week. Definitely watch a few episodes if you've been sleeping on this show.
    Next episode is the season final ='[ at least season 2 is already green lit. Title for next episode is Blaine's world ^^ Can't say i have disliked a single episode so far, very rare for tv shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Next episode is the season final ='[ at least season 2 is already green lit. Title for next episode is Blaine's world ^^ Can't say i have disliked a single episode so far, very rare for tv shows.
    Yeah, I know . All of my shows are ending at around the same time. I don't know what I'm going to watch. But yeah, I haven't disliked a single episode either. Plus, this episode was big development for Liv. I wonder if it is indicative of what we'll see in S2. Can't wait for the finale.

I stopped watching it a few episodes ago, figured I'd just catch up once the season was over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not watched the latest episode, it's alright to watch casually but it's not great, It's basically filler every episode. It's fun to watch for something to watch though, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I've not watched the latest episode, it's alright to watch casually but it's not great, It's basically filler every episode. It's fun to watch for something to watch though, if that makes sense.
    I'm sort of the opposite, I liked the mystery of the week stuff and the character work, but the metaplot stuff with the bad guy and zombie stuff is what made me lose interest in watching it every week. Daredevil was one long metaplot/ story, but something like Forever kept the stuff present but not over-arching. Some shows doing their "plot of the week" when they have this big plot hanging over things just turns me off of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm sort of the opposite, I liked the mystery of the week stuff and the character work, but the metaplot stuff with the bad guy and zombie stuff is what made me lose interest in watching it every week. Daredevil was one long metaplot/ story, but something like Forever kept the stuff present but not over-arching. Some shows doing their "plot of the week" when they have this big plot hanging over things just turns me off of things.
    Yeah I get what you mean.

The show is alright, but nothing special, if Arrow/Flash/Banshee/Vikings and my main other shows were still coming out each week I wouldn't be watching it anymore.

MMO Champion has a thread on this ? Crazy XD

Anyways love the show but one thing I don't understand :

How come the undercover zombies all have human like complexions while Liv's all white hair palid skin tone ?

I think I just answered my own question :P

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yeah...the show has flashes of really amazing setup and intensity. It's really a strange beast because it doesn't take itself too seriously at times, which leads people to writing it off as just another procedural and/or just another CW show...but it's putting together a formula much like what made Buffy successful to me.

It's developing characters to make me care about them, using some pretty solid writing, but still sticking to the contrived nature of police procedurals. It tosses in a dash of orphan black/alias type stuff where the main character gets to play many different personality types and those sorts of plot devices are usually what keep shows fresh.

I find myself liking a good bit of CW shows even as a middle aged adult, because they all hit those notes that things like Buffy did back in the day. I'm very glad the show got renewed because I think what they're doing is going to evolve into something pretty spectacular. I think the comics get into other supernatural beings and obviously the whole zombie mafia shtick can't go on forever.

I'm digging it. can't wait for the finale...have a weird feeling Liv's brother will die and Major will escape.

PS - hate the name Major more than words can express, but his character is really growing on me. He's an idiot obviously, but the way they are writing him gives him some good moments.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    How come the undercover zombies all have human like complexions while Liv's all white hair palid skin tone ?

I think I just answered my own question :P
    Yeah, they're trying to fit in, you see it in a few episodes. They use fake tan and hair dye.

Isn't this a comic book adaptation?

Isn't that what the main characters are Liv Moore, and Major Lilywhite?

I like the show, but it's definitely for the brain-of-the-week element. The main actress seems adept enough that each week seems to be a character play for her.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Isn't this a comic book adaptation?

Isn't that what the main characters are Liv Moore, and Major Lilywhite?
    There is a comic, I only looked at the wiki for it, there seems very little in common between them though.