Pet Management - BM

I have been having some pet issues - specifically on Operator Thogar and Blast Furnace - pet (spirit beast) just seems to wander off and attacks what it wants. I was wondering if someone has written a basic pet management guide for BM that includes known boss fight issues and how folks deal with them. I don't have the Hans and Franz issue anymore after reading the thread on that but I feel I'm losing a ton of DPS due to pet problems and would like to hear from folks how they manage their pets from general to specific. THX.

There have been several times in the last couple of weeks that people have discussed pet management macros. Search in particular for right before the 6.1 patch, because that is when a lot of hunters switched or prepared to switch to BM.

For me, keeping pet on passive and having petattack macroed to KC and MS was the way to go. Those are the times that you want the pet on that target anyway (KC is for prio targets and MS for beast cleave). MS is a little inefficient for far away targets, as the beast cleave buff will start running even when your pet is not yet at the new target. I'd recommend a manual switch there first - Master's call is helpful for closing the gap quickly as well. MC -> KC -> MS works nicely for large movements at high focus.

I also have the other shots with a macro to send pet in if not attacking anything, but to keep it on target if it is currently attacking one. Generally, I don't want it to switch on AS, KS, Barrage, but I don't want it sitting doing nothing when its target dies or is immune (Darmac mounting, e.g.).

At work now, so can't link, but if you can't find them, PM me.