Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tell your guardian druid to reroll Paladin. Guardians are absolutely terrible and are nothing more than a heal sponge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    you feel bottlenecked by your guild, but really you're just going to slow down your guild even more.
    They're a social F&F guild and "slow down your guild" doesn't apply.

Fun from even loot distribution >>> progression, m'kay?

Deleted
    If loot is the reason you want to switch, warrior might not be the best choice. Tier tokens are shared between Shamans, Monks, Warriors and Hunters. So that will not solve any competition on them

So I've been mulling this over, haven't firmly decided what to do yet.

My warrior is ilvl 649 now from mission drops and lfr/boe's.

He feels great for physical damage (melee swings and any physical boss ability) but he sure feels inadequate for magic damage, self healing, and to some degree mobility.

I attempted doing the gold tanking proving grounds a few times and perhaps due to my lack of muscle memory on the warrior, that felt like an absolute struggle. I'd say due to lack of self healing and magic damage CD. Mobility actually wasn't that bad with charge and the talented interrupts (dragon roar or shockwave).

I leveled up my dk also and did the gold proving ground no problem with a much lower ilvl, horrible trinkets etc, but I have all of MoP for raid tanking experience on this guy. The only place where the dk felt weak was on pure physical hits I didn't have a cooldown for, but I would just deathstrike some health back, use healing cooldown or vampiric blood.

Warrior feels Really weak compared to my two other tanks, so I can either gear him to swap or just hold onto my brew master. The competition for loot isn't as bad now as we have several new people raiding with us (none leather) so the distribution seems far more even. Instead of 6 leather wearers out of 12-14 people, we now have 5 out of almost 20...

I appreciate all of the feedback from this thread. Based on much of the feedback here I lvl'd my dk and spot tested him (which was very positive compared to the warrior).

I "think" I will stay on the monk for now as we are pushing more heroic progression and I don't want to be the reason we aren't downing bosses. Perhaps when we are farming waiting for new content I'll revisit this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dloweinc View Post
    So I've been mulling this over, haven't firmly decided what to do yet.

My warrior is ilvl 649 now from mission drops and lfr/boe's.

He feels great for physical damage (melee swings and any physical boss ability) but he sure feels inadequate for magic damage, self healing, and to some degree mobility.

I attempted doing the gold tanking proving grounds a few times and perhaps due to my lack of muscle memory on the warrior, that felt like an absolute struggle. I'd say due to lack of self healing and magic damage CD. Mobility actually wasn't that bad with charge and the talented interrupts (dragon roar or shockwave).

I leveled up my dk also and did the gold proving ground no problem with a much lower ilvl, horrible trinkets etc, but I have all of MoP for raid tanking experience on this guy. The only place where the dk felt weak was on pure physical hits I didn't have a cooldown for, but I would just deathstrike some health back, use healing cooldown or vampiric blood.

Warrior feels Really weak compared to my two other tanks, so I can either gear him to swap or just hold onto my brew master. The competition for loot isn't as bad now as we have several new people raiding with us (none leather) so the distribution seems far more even. Instead of 6 leather wearers out of 12-14 people, we now have 5 out of almost 20...

I appreciate all of the feedback from this thread. Based on much of the feedback here I lvl'd my dk and spot tested him (which was very positive compared to the warrior).

I "think" I will stay on the monk for now as we are pushing more heroic progression and I don't want to be the reason we aren't downing bosses. Perhaps when we are farming waiting for new content I'll revisit this.
    I think you made the right call. Brewmaster seems so much better on paper and from experience I hear other people about.

Loot is less an option like you think. I am glad you already smoothed out the loot distribution in your raiding team and hope every drop is an upgrade from now on for someone in the raid

Remember, whatever the distribution, there is:
    - Tier tokens shared across classes / armor types
    - Bonus rolls which dgaf about loot distribution.
    - Tank gear that you are going to need anyway (need again? on a less geared new tank). Str/agi+bonus armor rings, cloaks, trinkets, etc.

Hell if all else fails you could always switch to Personal Loot. It is not as scary as everyone makes it look. As long as there isnt a large portion of your raiding force fully geared on certain bosses it is mathematically MORE viable when dealing with lopsides classes / armor types, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    I think you made the right call. Brewmaster seems so much better on paper and from experience I hear other people about.

Loot is less an option like you think. I am glad you already smoothed out the loot distribution in your raiding team and hope every drop is an upgrade from now on for someone in the raid
    OP can certainly stay on his monk that he prefers to play, and take no loot, because he doesn't deserve it if he won't change specs in order to work with the group.

That would be the fair thing. If OP doesn't understand that loot is less important than friendship and progression than OP needs to find a different guild anyway.

Switching to Personal Loot would be stealing pieces from his friends, which is terrible.