Police shoot and kill suspect, shoot another in the stomach

Can we just say Americans and Europeans are a little different?

an-all-out-melee-one-dead-two-shot-in-17-person-battle-in-walmart-parking-lot/

One of the nine suspects was killed. Another was shot in the stomach. All eight responding officers were injured, including one 10-year veteran who required surgery.

It’s the aftermath of an all-out melee in a Walmart parking lot in Cottonwood, Arizona, a town of 11,000 people about an hour’s drive south of Flagstaff.

But details are murky outside of the injury and arrest reports.

What’s known, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety statement released by spokesman Raul Garcia, is that someone at the store called the Cottonwood Police Department a few minutes before midnight Saturday to report that a woman who worked at Walmart “had been assaulted in the store by multiple suspects.”

The suspects were in the parking lot when police responded, and they immediately attacked the officers, the DPS statement said. Two suspects were shot, one in the abdomen and one fatally, while one of the suspects shot a Cottonwood officer in the leg, according to DPS.

“I heard about eight to 10 shots,” Louie Solano, an eyewitness, told CNN affiliate KPHO. “It was a lot of noise. It looked like a riot in the middle of the parking lot. I mean it was unbelievable,” he said.

Investigators believe the nine suspects were all from the same family. “We believe they are from Idaho because of the license plate on their vehicle,” DPS spokesman Bart Graves told CNN.

The condition of the suspect who was shot in the stomach was not known.

Seven other suspects were taken into custody, the statement said, and “a total of eight officers and another (Walmart) employee were assaulted in the parking lot during the fight. Seven of those officers sustained minor injuries to include lacerations and bruising.”

The Walmart employee, who was a loss prevention officer, had a broken arm, Graves said.

The 31-year-old officer who suffered the gunshot wound was flown to Flagstaff Medical Center, where he underwent surgery. The veteran officer is expected to make a full recovery, according to the statement.

The Cottonwood Police Department and the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office directed media questions to DPS.

Asked for additional information, Arizona DPS spokesman Bart Graves said, “This is a very complex investigation, we are still sorting things out and there are a lot of witnesses to talk to, so we are in the early stages.”

He added, “We were asked by Cottonwood police to conduct a criminal investigation.”

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit confused as to where Europe fits in here.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

So a group of degenerate sub humans attacks a store clerk then starts a prison yard fight in the middle of the parking lot and when officers break it up one of them shoots at the cop?

These piece of filth are lucky the other offices didn't just spray fire the entire lot of them.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    What kind of people were those? Since it's the US my first thought was some highly armed drunk rednecks, then some other groups sprang to mind who might also be responsible. Kinda expected another story about the American police I'd rather only see on TV where I'm safe from them, picture me surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    What kind of people were those? Since it's the US my first thought was some highly armed drunk rednecks, then some other groups sprang to mind who might also be responsible. Kinda expected another story about the American police I'd rather only see on TV where I'm safe from them, picture me surprised.
    I bet your first choice is right mostly because they had Idaho license plates. But I could be wrong.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Both sides had weapons and all of the officers got hurt, I'm surprised only 2 of them got shot.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to dig a little deeper on it. Looks like they are a are a fundamentalist Christian street band called "Matthew 24 Now". Got family stuff to do right now so no idea what that bible verse has to do with anything. Anywho, willing to bet they are some inbred family cult or some weird shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Both sides had weapons and all of the officers got hurt, I'm surprised only 2 of them got shot.
    One of my favorite serious cowboy movies is Apaloosa. One exchange in the movie went like

"That gun fight didn't last long."

"That's because everyone knew how to shoot."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm a bit confused as to where Europe fits in here.
    In europe fights are either 1v1, 2v2, or 35 mil vs 35 mil. Haven't seen a EMFH yet.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I bet your first choice is right mostly because they had Idaho license plates. But I could be wrong.
    Yeah, the location seems wrong for any of the other groups but then again you can never know for certain. I guess if it had happened in one of the big metropols another group would've been the first to spring to mind. The US, where no matter where you go a group of highly armed nutjobs will already be there.