Thread: Racial

Deleted

Racial

I tried searching around but couldn't really find a definitive answer. What alliance race is currently doing the absolute most dps? Does shadowmeld > stealth and then ambush work or is panda just better because of the additional stats you get from your food?

Quote Originally Posted by Jep3 View Post
    I tried searching around but couldn't really find a definitive answer. What alliance race is currently doing the absolute most dps? Does shadowmeld > stealth and then ambush work or is panda just better because of the additional stats you get from your food?
    Yes, you can Shadowmeld to cast an Ambush and extend FW as a NE. You don't even need to stealth to do this. To my knowledge, NE is the best race for Alliance at the moment. Panda's aren't as good as they were in MoP because there isn't a primary food buff at the moment. It would be DE, but they can't be Rogues. Humans are "meh" due to Versatility, which leaves NEs, Gnomes, and Worgen. Worgen = Crit, which is decent for Sub and Combat, but is neither's 1st or 2nd favorite secondaries. Gnomes = Haste, which is great for Combat but horrible for Sub. NEs = Haste or Crit, depending on the time you're raiding + Shadowmeld, which I feel is the strongest combo.

The reason I feel NE is the best is because even if you raid at night and get Haste, while this doesn't really help Sub out, it benefits your Combat spec a lot while still giving you Shadowmeld, allowing for a free Ambush for Sub. This gets you another Ambush in during a FW and extends your FW out another 10s, helping a lot more than you think.

So, in my opinion, and from what I've seen myself, it goes NE > Gnome > Worgen.

Racials are barely meaningful at this point, but I went ahead and simmed the Alliance races with my gear and actually ended up with surprising results...

Kinda weird, but the difference is so small anyway that it really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendalaus View Post
    Racials are barely meaningful at this point, but I went ahead and simmed the Alliance races with my gear and actually ended up with surprising results...

Kinda weird, but the difference is so small anyway that it really doesn't matter.
    Does the sim do the Shadowmeld Ambush thing?

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Quote Originally Posted by Layke View Post
    Yes, you can Shadowmeld to cast an Ambush and extend FW as a NE. You don't even need to stealth to do this. To my knowledge, NE is the best race for Alliance at the moment. Panda's aren't as good as they were in MoP because there isn't a primary food buff at the moment. It would be DE, but they can't be Rogues. Humans are "meh" due to Versatility, which leaves NEs, Gnomes, and Worgen. Worgen = Crit, which is decent for Sub and Combat, but is neither's 1st or 2nd favorite secondaries. Gnomes = Haste, which is great for Combat but horrible for Sub. NEs = Haste or Crit, depending on the time you're raiding + Shadowmeld, which I feel is the strongest combo.

The reason I feel NE is the best is because even if you raid at night and get Haste, while this doesn't really help Sub out, it benefits your Combat spec a lot while still giving you Shadowmeld, allowing for a free Ambush for Sub. This gets you another Ambush in during a FW and extends your FW out another 10s, helping a lot more than you think.

So, in my opinion, and from what I've seen myself, it goes NE > Gnome > Worgen.
    Crit is the worst stat for Combat but it's alright for Sub.

NE are in terms of Shadowmeld + Ambush, the best in Combat and Subtetly.
    As Sub, you can extend FW and as Combat, you can put an extra Ambush into Deep Insight.
    NE as Assa is the worst, they don't benefit anything from Shadowmeld since Assa already has high energy costs and Ambush does nothing for them anyway except a bit of extra damage but using a Mutilate or Dispatch during Envenom does more damage than an ordinary Ambush.
    - There is also talk about being some kinda 'racial bug' as NE, where you actually get both the Haste+Crit at night.

Worgens are the best at Assa since Crit is one of the best stats for the spec.

Gnomes are subpar in Combat with the Haste but I still think NE is better with Shadowmeld, being able to push an extra ambush into a Deep Insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Auress View Post
    Does the sim do the Shadowmeld Ambush thing?
    It's definitely using shadowmeld, but I have no idea if it's actually using ambush afterward. That'd be a question for someone who can actually read the apl.

Deleted
    Probably night elf but it really doesn't matter.

Deleted
    male panda masterrace

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflop View Post
    male panda masterrace
    Female panda! You seen the feint animation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    Female panda! You seen the feint animation?
    nope. panda animations is why i love it though. food is always good as well providing you dont suck and die somehow

Deleted
    I drank one of those gender pots just now i think male panda is about equal. So cheesy. Besides who dies with cheat death on anyway HUEHUEHUE

The shadowmeld allows an easy re stealth to give higher dps

Deleted
    Female Panda reporting in!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by datoona View Post
    The shadowmeld allows an easy re stealth to give higher dps
    No need to restealth, you can use ambush from shadowmeld.

That said, gnome master race, go gnome or go home!

Deleted
    NE for the extra fw all the way, although I just wished I could be alliance as undead

Deleted
    Shadowmeld is the best still I reckon. For them ambushes.