Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i hear this co-pilot went on a massive shopping spree a few days before the flight.

that should send up red flags somewhere. we need more regulation of pilots.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Even with manual control you cant nosedive. Which is why it took 8 minutes.
    He could have forced the plane into an uncontrollable spin by shoving the ailerons and rudder to one direction if his intention was to make the plane crash quickly, which is not the case.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Even with manual control you cant nosedive. Which is why it took 8 minutes.
    You really can. You could also stall the plane which would be equally damning for an aircraft of that size.
    Games I'm playing right now (not necessarily literally):
    D3, CS:GO, TF2, Hearthstone
    Hit me up if you wanna play sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i hear this co-pilot went on a massive shopping spree a few days before the flight.
    Both my ex-wives do that all the time.
    One is a pilot. Another is flight attendance.

Am I obligated to report them to FBI?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Heard where? Yellow press? The yellow press is already "ahead" (shouldn't be too hard to guess what kind of "ahead").

How would this even be relevant to this case?
    People driving cars, buses, locomotives, commanding a ship or piloting a plane are going on shopping spree all the time all over the world. You might as well pick on other common private activities.

that should send up red flags somewhere. we need more regulation of pilots.
    Why would that send off red flags? Regulation should be based on how it effects a pilot's abilities to commit to his job not what is seen as "unusual" by the society because that would rightfully send off red flags as it lacks proportionality and relation to one's profession.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Like i thought he wanted to enter the history books or wanted people to remember his name. What they should do is erase his name everywhere and just call him the idiot same with any one that do crazy things to become famous just call them idiots and don't write about them so people forget about them. Some people do fucked up things just to be remembered.

Andreas Lubitz told former girlfriend he was planning an act so horrifying his name would be remembered forever

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oing-down.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Both my ex-wives do that all the time.
    One is a pilot. Another is flight attendance.

Am I obligated to report them to FBI?
    Depends, do they yawn a lot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Andreas Lubitz told former girlfriend he was planning an act so horrifying his name would be remembered forever
    Do me, you and all of us a favor.. Don't quote the rainbow press for this matter.
    I've seen the DM article too.

But I also read the German articles..... They all refer to the same source..... The source for this claim is the BILD Zeitung Germany.
    The combination of BILD and Daily Mail is deadly for any credible journalism.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Do me, you and all of us a favor.. Don't quote the rainbow press for this matter.

But I also read the German articles..... They all refer to the same source..... The source for this claim is the BILD Zeitung Germany.
    Whoah! You couldn't get a more deadly combo than Bild + DM, except perhaps if they were all quoting Fox and it was all on the front page of the Sun.

At least we happily learned that the door is unbreakable.

Yea just leave the Bild out of this please. It would come at no surprise if they'd make shit up about his girlfriend just to keep this thing a total scandal for some more days.

Money money money..... /sing

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.eutimes.net/2015/03/us-la...ent-civilians/

The best conspiracy theory this far... what a site..
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

Here's the thing with sites like Daily Mail, Infowars, BILD. They put their spin on things for sure and are almost always biased one way or the other. However when they directly quote someone it is "rarely" fake or altered. I use the word rarely because I am sure there have been times when they misquoted someone. Now the title and the actual quote are slightly different, which would lend credence to the fact the quote is legitimate.

DM spin: "Andreas Lubitz told former girlfriend he was planning an act so horrifying his name would be remembered forever"

What she said he actually told her: “One day I will do something that will change the system and everyone will then know my name and remember me”.

Now what he actually told her can be anything, even something beneficial, they spun it into some craziness for sure though.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2015-03-28 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    Bild is quoting an anonymous source for some stuff and they reported some guy would make gasoline from cats so yes. (The guy who obviously never did shit like that got death threats over it not funny.)

Yes they spin stuff but they make sources up too.

In retrospect it's quite amazing how quickly they were to dismiss not just terrorism almost instantly but also foul play. How they dismissed foul play (initially) when they knew the captain was knocking and being ignored by his co-pilot I have no idea since it takes the co-pilot purposefully locking him out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    http://www.eutimes.net/2015/03/us-la...ent-civilians/

The best conspiracy theory this far... what a site..
    Please say that's one of those "satirical" news sites...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    In retrospect it's quite amazing how quickly they were to dismiss not just terrorism almost instantly but also foul play. How they dismissed foul play (initially) when they knew the captain was knocking and being ignored by his co-pilot I have no idea since it takes the co-pilot purposefully locking him out.
    He ripped up a note by a psychiatrist declaring him unfit to work. Terrorism is rare and exspecially if they have honest day to day jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Please say that's one of those "satirical" news sites...
    I think its a cover up because he didnt want to blow the chem trails into the air

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    He ripped up a note by a psychiatrist declaring him unfit to work. Terrorism is rare and exspecially if they have honest day to day jobs.

I think its a cover up because he didnt want to blow the chem trails into the air
    Dismissing foul play when they knew the pilot was knocking/banging on door and not being let in by the co-pilot who purposefully locked the door is... a little more than foolishly optimistic.

Deleted
    Guys, remember. "Jet Fuel can't melt steel beams!".

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Guys, remember. "Jet Fuel can't melt steel beams!".
    As long as you remember almost all of the jet fuel burned in the initial explosion.