Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Guns > Drugs.
    Wasent there a botched execution a few months ago where some guy suffered dying for hours?
    Pretty sure a few guys shooting at a guy would have a 100% chance to end it inside of a minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Guns > Drugs.
    Wasent there a botched execution a few months ago where some guy suffered dying for hours?
    Pretty sure a few guys shooting at a guy would have a 100% chance to end it inside of a minute.
    Clayton Lockett took 43 minutes to die, from the moment he was injected with a sedative. The state of Oklahoma were experimenting with a new combination of drugs (Unit 731 would've been proud), and got it badly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    So if a man rapes and murders a little kid he should be given 3 square meals a day and a nice warm bed to sleep in? No he should be put in the ground
    I...don't think he was saying they shouldn't be shot. He said if they are going to to be, might as well make it a public event. Not sure what you're trying to counter in your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Clayton Lockett took 43 minutes to die, from the moment he was injected with a sedative. The state of Oklahoma were experimenting with a new combination of drugs (Unit 731 would've been proud), and got it badly wrong.
    I really can't fathom why these states are such fuckups when it comes to drugs. I used to do animal research and killing an animal with a lethal injection that drops them quickly and painlessly is trivially easy. Given them a heavy, heavy dose of a ketamine/xylazine mixture, wait till they're out, then give them a massive quantity of barbiturates to make sure the job's done. This really isn't that hard.

Can you guys just create an arena and pit all of these death rowers against each other? Since capital punishment isn't going anytime soon so might as well get some profit and create morbid entertainment from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strap 100lbs of C4 on them, very quick.

Deleted
    You guys should start chopping off peoples hands for theft, some lashes for public indecency and so on and on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rash Kah View Post
    why? do you feel Denmark is a insecure place? do you think it would profit from reintroducing capital punishment?
    nah I don't think so... it's just satisfaction of bloodlust.
    Yes denmark is an insecure place. old and young people cant walk the streets at night without being afraid of being a victim of a crime. after we got all those muslims in denmark it got out of hand. people in denmark are taking the law in there own hands (which im fine with). so dont come here and say denmark is a secure place to live. 21km from me we got a ghetto where they have guns and use them every week.

They should host these in public so everyone can watch

Quote Originally Posted by Erristrasza View Post
    Only in America you need to shoot a man in order to save him from dying in pain.
    Actually, that's the way the human body responds in any country. The human body doesn't function different just because it cross the US border.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Guns > Drugs.
    People only die instantly from a gun shot in the movies. There's very few places you can be shot that would lead to instant death. Guillotine seems like it would be much more humane than a firing squad. Curt Jackson (50 Cent) was shot 3 times as is still doing just fine.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Erristrasza View Post
    Only in America you need to shoot a man in order to save him from dying in pain.
    Funny thing is Michael Portillo did a documentary on killing of humans ie the death sentence and found a painless way to kill someone, they may even die feeling euphoric (actually any animal as well), but using nitrogen. But when asking a US official would they use it he was told that the condemned person should suffer before dying for what they have done and a painless method should not be used.

Against this attitude I do wonder about the US justice system and the peoples belief in what actual justice is.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Funny thing is Michael Portillo did a documentary on killing of humans ie the death sentence and found a painless way to kill someone, they may even die feeling euphoric (actually any animal as well), but using nitrogen. But when asking a US official would they use it he was told that the condemned person should suffer before dying for what they have done and a painless method should not be used.

Against this attitude I do wonder about the US justice system and the peoples belief in what actual justice is.
    For me, justice and deterrence are nice side effects, but aren't the reason I would support a criminal being jailed or sentenced to death. For me it's all about punishment as a consequence. Typically you would get justice and it would help deter some from doing it who don't want to risk the consequence, but those are nice benefits, for sure, but the idea for me is, if you break rule "x", you will suffer consequence "y", and then stick to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to note, the idea of a "squad" firing bullets into the criminal seems very old and outdated. There should be no "squad". There should only be one official who pushes a button to fire all the bench mounted, remotely aimed and fired, weapons.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Actually, that's the way the human body responds in any country. The human body doesn't function different just because it cross the US border.

- - - Updated - - -

People only die instantly from a gun shot in the movies. There's very few places you can be shot that would lead to instant death. Guillotine seems like it would be much more humane than a firing squad. Curt Jackson (50 Cent) was shot 3 times as is still doing just fine.
    Actually he was shot 9 times which is even more proof for your claim

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Actually he was shot 9 times which is even more proof for your claim
    He was shot at 9 times, but only 3 bullets hit him. But yeah, just using him just as a quick example. There are probably many examples (especially war vets) that have multiple bullet wounds who are still kicking around.

~ Daryl Davis

I'm okay with this. i see what Utah is doing. regardless how you feel about the death penalty, i am sure you can agree that U.S. laws should not be influenced by people outside the country. The company does not support the death penalty. Okay cool. It is their choice to sell the drugs to whoever they want. But if they think that stopping shipments will do away with the death penalty in Utah then they are mistaken.

I am pro death penalty, but I want it to be painless. No point in causing more pain when the goal is to just kill someone. Just do it and be done. But if I was in charge, I would send videos of each death sentence to the company with a note that says "Whenever you want to start mailing use the drugs we will swap back over. Enjoy the vid :-)"

- - - Updated - - -

People don't care about what is actually less painful. they care about how they perceive things. A hanging (drop and snap the neck) or beheading is actually the best route for the victim, but people care more about what they think is best and not the truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    i am sure you can agree that U.S. laws should not be influenced by people outside the country
    The dripping Hypocracy is too thick to cut.

Gotta have to spread that democracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Still a quicker way to die than anything else except a bullet in the back of the head or the guillotine see:

The execution of John Deering, he allowed an electrocardiogram to be carried out when he was shot by the firing squad -

"Deering was shot at the time of 6:46 am.[13][27] His heart entered into a spasm for 4 seconds and gradually stopped after 15.6 seconds.[3] However, he continued to breathe and struggle in his chair for nearly a minute. Deering was pronounced dead at 6:48½ am,[13] 134.4 seconds after his heart had stopped.[3]"

For it to work quickly you have ofc have to hit the heart or its major blood vessels people who survive with multiple gun shot wounds usual are hit in none instantly fatal or none fatal areas.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    The dripping Hypocracy is too thick to cut.

Gotta have to spread that democracy.
    Except I do not support the US spreading their views on the rest of the world either. To be a hypocrite I would have to feel otherwise.

Perhaps you should wait (or at least ask me) to give my opinion on America influencing the world first before you consider me a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    And my respect for the U.S just dropped to a new low.
    SO, you don't count saving the world countless times? Ok. I got ya.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Except I do not support the US spreading their views on the rest of the world either.
    I doubt that I would have to dig far to uncover where your non intervention non hypocracy views would end so I guess we dont do that.

Do you agree with the Osama Bin laden assasination?
    (Made possible by massive bribery)