Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    I do agree with you to some extend (to each his own, preferences etc..) but I completly disagree with your argument here.
    In mythic, there are no "bad" players there, just tons of damage from EVERYWHERE that you have to heal. Having a 50% stronger WG every 15 seconds is really valuable.

There are TONS and TONS of bad players raiding mythic, FYI.

Deleted
    Hello.
    My guild is on 8/10 HC.
    My talents are like this.
    For most of the fights I am using SotF and NV and Germ. Bcs I am trying to blanket a lot of ppl and pop NV on CD.

Grull
    SotF and NV and Germ.

Ogregor
    SotF and NV and Germ.

Beastlord
    SotF and NV AND GERM.

Flamebender
    SotF + NV and Germ

Hanz/Franz
    SotF + NV and Germ. Here I used ToL and NV once and liked it so next time will do it with ToL and NV

Kromog
    SotF + NV and Germ

Thogar
    SotF + NV and Germ

Iron Maidens
    SotF + NV and Germ
    here I want to try something I saw on the forums which is FoL and DOC

Blast Furnace
    here I was trying it with SotF and DOC and Germ.
    But somehow I am more happy with ToL amd NV and Germ

Blacckhand
    ToL and NV and Germ

Glyph
    I have WG and for short cast time od Healing touch as I am using it a lot durimg medium dmg and last glyph is for Nature swiftness to reduce CD as I said above I am using a lot of healing touch and trying to save mana with our 2 set bonus to have 3 free casts with Nature swiftness

But if I am doing it wrong guys I am happy to get your tips.

Deleted
    10/10 Mythic here.

I am still mind blown about the amount of people use NV over HotW. There is not a single fight in BRF that I would say NV has more value than HotW --

Gruul - HotW is better because you can use it on pull and do like 1.5m dmg and then still have the 35% healing buff for when your group takes 2 slices in a row. NV would be pointless here because you dont want "random heal anyone" you constandly need to heal certain people that are gonna take slices.

Orgorger - This fight you could argue NV is better altho this fight is so redudant on healing that I'd rather take HOTW to do 2.5m dmg. -- We are 2m healing this fight at the moment, thats how redudant it is.

Beastlord - Here HotW is by far better than NV because the only hard phase to heal is last phase, you can use HotW on pull and then use HotW on last phase to help you immense with healing -- Insanely good for your tranq there aswell.

Thogar - Thogar has the most downtime on healing of any fight, you should be DPS'ing almost the entire fight with hots on tanks, HotW wins here because it does way more dmg, if you have issues you can also save it for 1 point in the fight where you have that issue (2nd split I'd imagen)

Iron Maidens - This fight might accually be a good fight for DoC altho I would still rather have HotW for last phase because thats the only hard part to heal, it kinda depends if you have a disc priest spamming CoW on the tank thats tanking marak tho.

Hans & Franz - This fight you would want to use Heart at the hardest healing phase for you on the fight, using NV would be pointless because there are almost never points where it would have full value and your heart would save way more lives then.

Flamebender - You'd probably use HoTW for dps, if not you would use it on the first dogs or flamestorm, depends whats most difficult for your healing team.

Kromog - Here you obviously use heart for last 30%, you will need the extra healing there and the NV will never be the "saver" of the raid in the other phases of the fight.

Blackhand - Here you would also use Heart, there are 2 points in the fight where there is a ton of healing, which is first phase and end of last phase, it will be ready for both those phases so there is not a single reason anything would be considered above heart on this fight

Disclaimer- Everything I said is about the mythic encounters of BRF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smejusak View Post
    Glyph
    I have WG and for short cast time od Healing touch as I am using it a lot durimg medium dmg and last glyph is for Nature swiftness to reduce CD as I said above I am using a lot of healing touch and trying to save mana with our 2 set bonus to have 3 free casts with Nature swiftness

But if I am doing it wrong guys I am happy to get your tips.
    Healing Touch is really bad, Its not worth casting 99% of the fight. The only value it can have is if there is litterally no dmg and you want to keep harmony up because dmg is gonna be inc.

Glyphed regrowth (which is mandatory) heals for more than HT always. For sure considering it also gives a living seed.

So never use your NS on HT's but always on Regrowth's. You should also look into how much value you think NV accually has. Do you even notice the healing when its up? Do you think it accually save lives? Because its mostly just a cheese healing CD that pads the meters but doesnt accually contribute anything big compared to HotW.

Quote Originally Posted by Colix View Post
    10/10 Mythic here.

I am still mind blown about the amount of people use NV over HotW. There is not a single fight in BRF that I would say NV has more value than HotW --
    I think this talent choice is purely down to the mechanics / length of a fight.

Gruul - I would take NV over HotW here, you can use it 3/4 times while getting around 700k damage and some steady throughput rather than using HotW for a couple of slices the Disc will take care of anyway.

Oregorger - Take whatever no real big difference.

Beastlord - NV isn't terrible here but HotW is the better choice for a cleaner end phase.

Thogar - Again doesen't matter to be honest.

Iron Maidens - This is a tricky one and depends how you heal it. DoC if you have double disc and a monk tank and if you don't have that set-up to cheese p2 damage then take HotW.

Hanz & Franz - Both HotW and NV are equally valuable here no big damage that you can't handle, HotW brings more dps.

Flamebender - HotW here for big tranq on firestorm any other healing during the fight is pretty trivial.

Kromog - I took NV here for damage on all the pillars. If you dps can handle that (should be pretty easy now with ilvl buff) then take HotW for final 30%.

Blast Furnace - I killed this using NV myself didn't experiment with HotW could be better but no real use for it in p1 and you aren't able to use it in p2 as it will still be on CD for p3.

Blackhand - Clear choice is HotW for intense healing in p1 and p3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Konahh View Post
    I think this talent choice is purely down to the mechanics / length of a fight.

Gruul - I would take NV over HotW here, you can use it 3/4 times while getting around 700k damage and some steady throughput rather than using HotW for a couple of slices the Disc will take care of anyway.

Blast Furnace - I killed this using NV myself didn't experiment with HotW could be better but no real use for it in p1 and you aren't able to use it in p2 as it will still be on CD for p3.

On gruul, like I said above there are 3 hard "parts" in the fight for healing, its when Your group takes 2 slices in a row, if you use HotW on pull you can first dmg and get off 1-1.5m dmg and then you still have the 35% healing to heal up the 2 slices. (I agree that its a bit trivial but NV wouldnt help you more at any other point than cheese healing)

For the 2nd time your group has to take 2 slices you have ToL and for the 3rd time you have Tranq, this way there is not a single point in the fight where you have a hard time healing your group. You can just DPS the rest of the fight because all other healers can manage their groups aswell with the Disc helping out all groups.

For blast furnance I'd say the HotW in p1 does have value because it helps pushing the dps on the first bellow opperator to get 4 energy instead of 6, but its not a huge deal, I normally pop my HotW during the last primal elementalist because thats the hardest part of the fight to heal, the blasts are coming every 8-10 seconds and there are still fire callers up, the dmg will never be as high as it is there. And I also get off a few wraths into the last primal elementalist helping us one shot it. (we also pop hero here)

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I'm still not dead sure on Regrowth versus Rebirth glyphs. Rebirth definitely has some utility value not on paper.

Regrowth is definitely a strong glyph, the only thing that devalues it in my books is that you already have a token 70% base crit chance (10% base + 60% from ability) on Regrowth. Obviously the HoT lost from the glyph is minimal concern (since it's crap as is, other than a Swiftmend source).

In effect, you actually gain very little from the glyph, since it's only a 30% crit chance gain. The only kicker is of course, the crit is guaranteed which has an intrinsic value that even having 95% crit chance without the glyph would not bring. Which means, like Rebirth, the true value of the glyph is intangible.

I would consider WG mandatory now in 20 man, and Roar the only truly mandatory PvE glyphs, IMO Roar is too good to pass up even if it's not planned for - perhaps on a fight like Gruul it loses value though.
    the glyph had its value back in SoO where 25% ish crit wasn't unusual due to high amounts of intellect, this time around we won't have that last raiding tier, so stat values will be overall lower (at least for healers, other got rid of hit/expertise) , and intellect no longer giving crit will put us at lower crit values.
    Though at some point for the MoC talent regrowth glyph will be both a waste of a slot and a hps decrease. Without MoC the glyph just adds that reliability that you want from regrowth, you use it as an emergency heal, so you want it to do some healing. The usage of the spell with MoC makes the spell able to be one of your most used spells or at least most healed spells top 3-5 spell sources of healing, (just to put a number on it lets say 20% which is not unusual) Increasing the throughput of the spell is more important than it being reliable.

10/10 Mythic here.

Agreed, I have used it on every fight except Gruul. I debated between it and HotW, but my research/experience showed that NV actually was only slightly behind in DPS, and required no GCDs on wrath. Good point about the random healing, though it shines in rampages and does pretty good overall. If a second use of HotW was possible, it would be the clear winner, but that 6 minute enrage!

Anyway, I love HotW, and find that for progression having an extra cool-down is invaluable (not even considering the DPS opportunities).

FYI though, Gruul was fixed a long time ago to not need 2 slices on any group; 3 groups just go 1-1-1 (the debuff was reduced to 30 seconds).
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2015-03-25 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethia View Post
    Does that explain why your healing percentiles are like really really bad?
    Since I don't care about rankings I rather push the boss faster when its needed. I've a healing team and we talk with eachother all the time so me not healing as much has never been an issue, it just makes them look better on the logs
    Last edited by Drefan; 2015-03-25 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drefan View Post
    Since I don't care about rankings I rather push the boss faster when its needed. I've a healing team and we talk with eachother all the time so me not healing as much has never been an issue, it just makes them look better on the logs
    Re-roll balance with HoTW, then you can do more DPS = Faster kills, and heal for that 'short burst' where needed. GG

Re-roll balance with HoTW, then you can do more DPS = Faster kills, and heal for that 'short burst' where needed. GG
    You're missing my point.
    I'm just dpsing when healing outside of smart heals are not needed. I dont compete for cheese healing instead I put dmg on the boss.

I dont see the point with 4-5 healers competing for cheese heals, all it does is cost mana.
    Last edited by Drefan; 2015-03-25 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drefan View Post
    You're missing my point.
    I'm just dpsing when healing outside of smart heals are not needed. I dont compete for cheese healing instead I put dmg on the boss.

I dont see the point with 4-5 healers competing for cheese heals, all it does is cost mana.
    Why don't you play DoC instead then?

Because I value HotW a lot higher than DoC.

Deleted
    HotW does more dmg than DoC.

If you use the full duration dpsing then yes it is obviously ahead but 90% of the time you take HotW for the extra healing needed and you will be able to weave a few wraths in during the HotW up-time but the majority of GCDs will be spent on healing. I'm not saying DoC is the better talent, it's not. But saying HotW does more damage is not completely true.

As noted, DoC is, if anything, the epitome of "cheese" heals with no actual DPS gain over the other talents (and arguably a loss). On Iron Maidens, one of the best opportunities for Druid DPS, I was able to put out almost 9K DPS and 4.5 million damage with HotW x2 and steady wrath/MF in-between.

- - - Updated - - -

If you use the full duration dpsing then yes it is obviously ahead but 90% of the time you take HotW for the extra healing needed and you will be able to weave a few wraths in during the HotW up-time but the majority of GCDs will be spent on healing. I'm not saying DoC is the better talent, it's not. But saying HotW does more damage is not completely true.
    But it does. The notion that DoC does any significant healing is the real fallacy, and if you are going to spam wrath anyway, just use HotW (especially paired with pre-pots, lust, trinkets etc..) and you will do FAR more DPS. Even NV would get you more, paired with wrath on spare GCDs and normal healing during NV.

Or take a fight like Kromog, being able to do 500k-1 million DPS during EACH of the 1st/3rd pillars is pretty awesome, better than even Monks with ToD.

HotW is awesomesauce
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2015-03-25 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Lets take Drefans logs for example.

Beastlord Darmac:
    (Most recent kill with 691 Ilvl, he did): 1.63M damage, and 16.90 Healing (Which was 38k HPS).

My last kill on my Druid (I've re-rolled no longer my main with 682 Ilvl) 2.63M damage, and 24.15M healing (44kHPS).

Right. Now lets consider the fact the fight I was in was 1min 30 longer than his (Over a month ago).

Drefan got two FULL uses of HotW and still did 1million less damage than me (With 9 Ilvl over me), and 7.2million less healing (Yes our fight was 1min 30 longer.)

Now.. I know your response will be 'Your fight was longer thus more damage done DUUHHHH'. No.

I cut my log down to 7mins 37 (Just like drefans) and my damage done did not change.

So your arguement of 'HotW' does more, clearly isn't true because I managed to do more DPS, and HPS than you did, with lower Ilvl, across the same timeframe of a fight.
    Last edited by mmoc2d2d956125; 2015-03-25 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Lets take Drefans logs for example.

Beastlord Darmac:
    (Most recent kill with 691 Ilvl, he did): 1.63M damage, and 16.90 Healing (Which was 38k HPS).

My last kill on my Druid (I've re-rolled no longer my main with 682 Ilvl) 2.63M damage, and 24.15M healing (44kHPS).

Right. Now lets consider the fact the fight I was in was 1min 30 longer than his (Over a month ago).

Drefan got two FULL uses of HotW and still did 1million less damage than me (With 9 Ilvl over me), and 7.2million less healing (Yes our fight was 1min 30 longer.)

Now.. I know your response will be 'Your fight was longer thus more damage done DUUHHHH'. No.

I cut my log down to 7mins 37 (Just like drefans) and my damage done did not change.

So your arguement of 'HotW' does more, clearly isn't true because I managed to do more DPS, and HPS than you did, with lower Ilvl, across the same timeframe of a fight.
    The problem is that within 1 heart of the wild you can do 2m dmg, if he does not do that he's playing incorrectly. If he used 2 hearts and did 1.6m I have no clue wtf he was doing because even outside the of heart you can dps (20% less but thats not a huge difference).

Deleted
    The problem is that within 1 heart of the wild you can do 2m dmg, if he does not do that he's playing incorrectly. If he used 2 hearts and did 1.6m I have no clue wtf he was doing because even outside the of heart you can dps (20% less but thats not a huge difference).
    If you hadn't noticed.. my point was he's bad, and saying 'THIS IS BETTER OMG' and has nothing to back it up because his play style doesn't match what he preaches.

Deleted
    Fair point, but if you can dps with DoC, you can also dps without DoC, you might do 20% less dmg and you wont heal, but that healing is really not as important as people seem to think.

So overall, yes it will do way more dmg even if you cant use it fully for dpsing.

- - - Updated - - -

If you hadn't noticed.. my point was he's bad, and saying 'THIS IS BETTER OMG' and has nothing to back it up because his play style doesn't match what he preaches.
    Just because he is playing it wrong doesnt make another play style better, because he'd probably do like 500k dmg if he played with DoC.

Deleted

Just because he is playing it wrong doesnt make another play style better, because he'd probably do like 500k dmg if he played with DoC.
    I never said DoC is better, I agree HotW is better, but when someone comes along and thinks because 'i'm 10/10 mythic I IZ BEST' and he's playing wrong it makes my blood boil a bit