Deleted

How to fix aggro decks

Blizzard should really give us an improved Zombie Chow. Something like this:

I'm not trying to flame aggro decks or people who play them but current meta is full of them. You can't play control decks because they're way too slow. An improved zombie chow would fix that.

I really hope that Blackrock expansion will add some anti-aggro cards.

Deleted
    Annoying as it is, rush is a viable strategy. So far from shown blackrock cards, I dont see much cards that incentivize cancer decks, except, OFCOURSE, the goddamn hunter card.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    You can't play control decks because they're way too slow.
    Working as intended

Deleted
    Actually aggro is in a pretty weak spot now, we are really far from the time double zombie chow was mandatory in every midrange/control deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylael View Post
    Actually aggro is in a pretty weak spot now, we are really far from the time double zombie chow was mandatory in every midrange/control deck.
    Since im sick and all day home i was killing time with HS. All day long i only meet Mech Mage, Zoo Lock, Face Hunter, Windfury Shaman (Devil/Zapomatic), Juggler Paladin and some sort of mech rogue.

I dont think ppl play them because they are in a bad spot? They are actually very succesful. Especially the brainless play vs win ratio is amazing.

However, succes is relative. I made my observations around rank 14
    Last edited by PPN; 2015-03-24 at 04:43 PM.

seems like a good card FOR aggrodecks, not against them :P

some more cheap aoe-minions would be nice ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's interesting how you can often tell what rank people are playing at based on what decks they complain about. I hardly see any of these all-in rush sorts of decks at legend.
    Keyword "at legend". On your way to legend there's tons of face hunter and mech mage. Once I got below rank 10 this season 3/4 of my games were against face hunter.
    Last edited by muto; 2015-03-24 at 06:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Keyword "at legend". On your way to legend there's tons of face hunter and mech mage. Once I got below rank 10 this season 3/4 of my games were against face hunter.
    Exactly. I went from rank 10 to 8 today and I faced tons of mages, hunters and locks. I don't even think I saw a single Warrior or Rogue.

Exactly. I went from rank 10 to 8 today and I faced tons of mages, hunters and locks. I don't even think I saw a single Warrior or Rogue.
    Spectated my friend from rank 10-->8 2 days ago.. And the opponents were Warrior, Paladin, Druid, Hunter, Druid, Paladin, Zoo, Paladin, Paladin.

So yeah.. 2 rush decks only, I guess what am trying to say is that the decks are there and people use them.

I can see this going into rush decks rather than used to fight them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Since im sick and all day home i was killing time with HS. All day long i only meet Mech Mage, Zoo Lock, Face Hunter, Windfury Shaman (Devil/Zapomatic), Juggler Paladin and some sort of mech rogue.
    I dont think ppl play them because they are in a bad spot? They are actually very succesful. Especially the brainless play vs win ratio is amazing.
    Well, zoo-lock, windfury-sham and mech-rogue are johnnys decks, if you lose repeatedly against these kind of deck that's probably because you need to improve your deck/gameplay quality. There is absolutely no problem with playing funs decks, but that undeniably costs some % win rate to your deck.

Face hunter and mech mage are the only two competitives decks here, and we're seing less and less of both. The first is pretty weak against combo druid, oil rogue, tempo lock and of course warrior, and your only tremendous matchup is against midrange hunter. The second deck is also slightly dying because of the meta, it's still good on average thanks to its consistency but definitely not exceptionnal in its current state.

And "Juggler Paladin" is not an aggro deck at all, that's mirandge. It's slower and only overwhelming if you're not able to tempo every opponent threats.

Exactly. I went from rank 10 to 8 today and I faced tons of mages, hunters and locks. I don't even think I saw a single Warrior
    Well warrior is one of the best deck you can grab against any aggro deck (it's 80%+ win against face hunter, and really good against mech mage etc). I think people tend to complain against aggro decks because their strenght belongs in crushing (or lose) the opponent really fast, but that don't make them more imbalanced than a deck taking 15min to win 75% of their matchs.

Trust me, nobody want to play in a meta full of mill decks.

Deleted
    4 / 8 with taunt for 3 mana, card text
    Can't attack, your minions cost (3) more.
    Problem solved.

I recently took my last Zombie Chow out, rarely got good play out of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The game needs fundamental changes to 'fix' the aggro decks, it's not happening. Rush is here to stay, the limited design space it creates will almost invariably push more decks to be faster and faster.

What annoys me is that it's starting to bleed over into arena, rush decks are doing considerably better in there now as well, so there's no space that's safe any more.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post

i actually can relate. I just play 4 games today for the quest. as a somewhat control paladin of my own

face hunter (there is no other kind anyway)
    mech rogue (aggro)
    mech paladin (with juggler)
    windfury shaman.

won 3, lost 1 not enough game for stats.
    Fact is, i only see that, aggro fast deck.
    this is unfortunate, i like long and strategic game.