Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The ilv increase was too much

I raid with two medicore guilds. All of them are good players but we are clearly no mythic material (well, a few could manage it quite well with the right guidance I guess).
    However, as Highmaul was active with both guilds we cleared 6/7 in three weeks and progressed slowly to 6/7 hc with usually one new kill a week. We spend some time on the imperator normal and downed him eventually. As we started with with imperator HC BRF was released. We continued in the same speed and went to 7/10 normal and 3/10 hc before the itemlevel increase. We spend some time on that damn Oregorger because we learned slow, but whatever.
    As the itemlevel increase occured we went straight to 9/10 in both difficulties in BRF and also downed Imperator heroic (because why not?) all in one week.
    We tried Blackhand normal yesterday for the first time and I am pretty sure that he will fall in our next visit in the one guild und around next ID or the ID after for the other guild. This will leave both guilds I am raiding with with 1 Boss (Blackhand HC) until 6.2. Wow. And really, we are not that good. We just outgeared so many mechanics.

I totally see why the itemlevel was increased and it made total sense to do it - but the bosses should have been buffed to compensate this. This may sound like a contradiction, but it really is not. You char still gets stronger with the increased itemlevel, just not as much for the current raid.

Deleted
    I feel like it was just right. The items just didn't even seem worth it after you'd got fixed up in full 670 gear. I disagree that it was too strong and that the bosses should have been buffed, they seem to have hit the balance pretty spot on I reckon. They're downable by social and casual guilds with some concentration and the heroic modes cater perfectly to the more raid orientated guilds.

I mean it was okay but not 1000% needed I feel?

It did, however, help my guild do so much better in BRF >>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    As the itemlevel increase occured we went straight to 9/10 in both difficulties in BRF and also downed Imperator heroic (because why not?) all in one week.
    I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe. You suddenly downed 6 new heroic bosses in the space of a normal raiding week just because your raid increased by probably no more than 3 item levels (average)? That sounds like serious hyperbole to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe. You suddenly downed 6 new heroic bosses in the space of a normal raiding week just because your raid increased by probably no more than 3 item levels (average)? That sounds like serious hyperbole to me.
    Indeed, a little too fairytale to me. +5 ilvl is a small boost but not as high that I can believe you all just went 9/10 on both difficulties unless you've had people switched out/pugging before for gear.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Maybe it was just a really good placebo effect for them?

Just have to congratulate them if that's true - good job. Now gogogo for Mythic while you're on a good roll!

I raid in a similar guild and did not see such effect - the ilvl/dps/throughput increase is about 2-3% maybe - and most of the fights are about mechanics anyhow, so for us, the change didn't really stop people from dying in various pools of bad stuff.

Well my guild got Kromog on Mythic last reset putting us to 6/10 and atm it feels almost like we're progressing in heroic mode, none of the bosses has signifcant dps or healing checks, it's just a question of 10-15 pulls to learn the mechanics and they just die. Feels weird but I'm sure going to the last 3 bosses things will go back to hard.

I think it was perfect. I mainly raid in LFR. Before the ilvl boost my main had basically no opportunity to upgrade his gear in BRF (without stepping up to the next difficulty)...I was slogging through just to collect my 900 runes. Now suddenly some of those drops I've been collecting over the past few weeks are actually viable for me to wear and I'll have more motivation to continue for the next few weeks.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I raid with two medicore guilds. All of them are good players but we are clearly no mythic material (well, a few could manage it quite well with the right guidance I guess).
    However, as Highmaul was active with both guilds we cleared 6/7 in three weeks and progressed slowly to 6/7 hc with usually one new kill a week. We spend some time on the imperator normal and downed him eventually. As we started with with imperator HC BRF was released. We continued in the same speed and went to 7/10 normal and 3/10 hc before the itemlevel increase. We spend some time on that damn Oregorger because we learned slow, but whatever.
    We tried Blackhand normal yesterday for the first time and I am pretty sure that he will fall in our next visit in the one guild und around next ID or the ID after for the other guild. This will leave both guilds I am raiding with with 1 Boss (Blackhand HC) until 6.2. Wow. And really, we are not that good. We just outgeared so many mechanics.

I totally see why the itemlevel was increased and it made total sense to do it - but the bosses should have been buffed to compensate this. This may sound like a contradiction, but it really is not. You char still gets stronger with the increased itemlevel, just not as much for the current raid.
    It sounds like you're exaggerating a little bit, 6 new heroics down for a group of people who barely managed to get 3 before? Seems a little suspect to me.

Beyond that, it sounds like the ilvl boost did exactly what it is intended to do, help out the very casual, VERY mediocre guilds progress. Normal and heroic blackhand are both puggable without mumble (and was before the ilvl boost) so you're still considerably behind pugs who don't even get in mumble. Sounds like the ilvl boost is doing exactly the job it was intended to do, help those who would otherwise struggle mightily on the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard similar stories in /Garrison chat. "wow, we struggled on X, usually takes 2-3 attempts on bosses A-X each week, we get them down, but slow with wipes, but now... damn, we one shot them all and are working on HCs or blah blah"

I barely do the LFR weekly, but free gear and boss kills is nice.

I for one are going to agree with OP, theres been a lot of discussion in my Guild about how the ilvl inc impacted us and a lot think that it made quite a big difference. Everyone in my Guild is heavily BRF geared

The way OP is decribing his 6 new bosses a week doesnt sound like bullshit to me, after all his talking about Normal and Heroic. The challenge in there have Always ónly been Blackhand Heroic. My Guild cleared normal and heroic in 2 nights when BRF was released and we arent even that good IMO, still on 6/10 Mythic

I think the change was good and needed since it felt retarded with BRF Heroic having lower ilvl than Highmaul Mythic had even tho there was a lot of better items and so on
    I also think the change was needed to help Guilds get a small boost now that the World first race is over, BRF Mythic was incredibly tightly tuned and if u had loose ends in your roster they were going to impact your team a lot since u pretty much needed 20 people alive to the end to kill bosses and not only 18.
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2015-03-26 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Now gogogo for Mythic while you're on a good roll!
    No mythic for us since we simply do not have 20 people in either of the guilds. Also I am technically not part of one (the more successful ;-) )of them, because they are on another server and mythic does not work cross realm

@All: The mechanics in normal and heroic are the same. If you can manage normal, you can manage heroic. In theory. Since we are not that hardcore we fail sometimes and do a few things not perfect, which is why we struggled to kill more heroic bosses before the patch. But the patch added not only damage to our raid to quickly skip problematic phases (like killing the wolves @flamebender) but also increased stamina a lot which allowed us to survive situation in which we simply made mistakes (dodging @Kromogg) or that are simply hard to heal (Firestorm @Flamebender).
    So yeah, we were now able to stand in more "bad stuff" ;-)

That is of course a part of the progression curve, but it simply came to soon. Again: We are not hardcore raiding guilds but we have cleared 90% of the content before 6.2 and all of that at least a month sooner as expected.

Also again: I see why that change was made. I totally understand it. But the impact on us is really, really massive and I think there must have been another way.

Pretty much calling bullshit on this story.

Yeah, I don't believe this story even a little bit.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Yeah... I find it hard to believe ilvl was the only variable. One doesn't simply go from 7/10 in nm to 9/10 in hc in 1 week just with a minor ilvl increase. Even with full 685 heroic brf gear you don't overgear mechanics in Maidens and Furnace. Of course it makes the fight easier, but not to such an extent.

No bullshit, back to Topic please

No bullshit, back to Topic please
    Your experience is very different from most of ours: while it may have been an issue for you guys, it was not to anyone else in the thread. What else do you want?

Haha, that's a good one. Totally believable.

Everyone also had full BRF gear to get full effect of the increase?
    Very true story.

Ilvl increase wasn't too much.

Well the reason they did it was how bad the mythic progress goes for a lot of guilds nowdays (0.2% have killed Thogar on mythic).
    But to be honest i have never thought of they guys still doing normal/hc and how it affects them. :/