Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Father Shoots Son After Orange Juice Runs Out (GGT)

http://time.com/3755574/orange-juice...-son-shooting/

(BATON ROUGE, La.) — Police in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, say a man is facing a charge of attempted manslaughter after he confessed to shooting his 18-year-old son during an argument over orange juice.

Police tell The Advocate 58-year-old Eldridge Dukes and his son were fighting Sunday morning about the lack of orange juice.

Investigators say the squabble escalated when the victim broke a vase, and Dukes grabbed his handgun.

They say Dukes chased the victim out of the house and down the street, firing at least three times. Police say the son was hit in the buttocks and suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what are your thoughts and opinions on this, other than wanting to stir up things about guns?

Or are you just linking to see what other people think?

And by the way, he didn't shoot him over the orange juice! "Investigators say the squabble escalated when the victim broke a vase" the kid broke a vase in the ensuing argument over orange juice, which made the guy mad.

I am sure their was a *LOT* more to it then just this one argument
    You're a towel.

Oh, dukes.

But seriously, juice and a vase requires a gun based reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Damn Flori....wait, not Florida? What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not in Florida? Huh.
    I'm just as surprised as you two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Oh, dukes.

I am 100% certain their was more to their past then just this one argument, I'm sure shits been simmering a LONG time for that kind of reaction...not that its a valid reaction.

The younger man is over 18, he should move out and get his own damn orange juice.
    You're a towel.

This guy is obviously mentally unstable. Convict him for attempted murder.

Oh, dukes.

Double dukes.

I'm just as surprised as you two.
    I like how our posts lined up perfectly.

But I was still first.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yes but it's a lot easier to sell a story and headline if you mislead people to believe the improved version of reality which is that some guy shot his son because they ran out of orange juice.
    • Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
      Fashion magazines not trying to appeal to men is misogyny.
    • lol

I am 100% certain their was more to their past then just this one argument, I'm sure shits been simmering a LONG time for that kind of reaction...not that its a valid reaction.

The younger man is over 18, he should move out and get his own damn orange juice.
    Your last post seems to defend it. Being mad about a vase means shoot your son I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I like how our posts lined up perfectly.

But I was still first.
    I know. Why do you think I quoted you second?

MUAHAHAHA!

I understand him, opening the fridge in the morning and noticing that someone else drank the last milk and didnt bother to purchase a new package makes me want to shoot someone as well.

Well played Dukes

Oh, dukes.

Depends on how the vase was broke. Over the dudes head could be a go to guns reaction.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I'm hoping that the orange juice was just the tip of the iceberg kind of thing. Alcohol probably involved. Wonder if dad is now remorseful.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta have that pure OJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your last post seems to defend it. Being mad about a vase means shoot your son I suppose.
    I'm not defending what happened, no. But the natural order of things in todays day and age is to move out of your parents house when you hit a certain age, especially if you fight with them/don't get along with them at all. All staying will do is cause problems, normally not to this extent though
    You're a towel.

So what are your thoughts and opinions on this, other than wanting to stir up things about guns?

Or are you just linking to see what other people think?

And by the way, he didn't shoot him over the orange juice! "Investigators say the squabble escalated when the victim broke a vase" the kid broke a vase in the ensuing argument over orange juice, which made the guy mad.

Very much this, title is very misleading because an argument that started over orange juice apparently escalated into a lot of pent up crap, that then led to property damage, which then led to the usage of guns.

The story and thread title is like:
    Edison kills 5 lab assistants with high exposure to x-rays, purposefully irradiating their skulls and giving them fatal ocular cancer.

Real story was: Edison was an idiot, when x-rays were first discovered, he thought that the bursts of light people saw when their eyes were exposed to x-rays meant rejuvenation of the eyes. He then proceeded to soak his lab assistants in x-rays in an attempt to prove that x-rays improved, if not restored vision, which resulted in the death of every lab assistant he experimented with. Edison, being the Steve Jobs of the time, was not a scientist or even an engineer just a wealthy entrepreneur, when he sat down at scientific conferences after the initial discovery of x-rays, general consensus with the scientific community was to be careful with human exposure to x-rays until more was known. He ignored them, and began his experiments in an attempt to get ahead of everyone else, because he wanted a patent. So he knowingly endangered the lives of his lab assistants for the chance to make an unknown amount of money.
    Last edited by kendro1200; 2015-03-24 at 05:11 PM.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'm hoping that the orange juice was just the tip of the iceberg kind of thing. Alcohol probably involved. Wonder if dad is now remorseful.
    Probably, I had a terrible relationship with my dad, we fought all the time over nonsense like this. Moved out as soon as I could. This young man should probably do the same.
    You're a towel.

I'm not defending what happened, no. But the natural order of things in todays day and age is to move out of your parents house when you hit a certain age, especially if you fight with them/don't get along with them at all. All staying will do is cause problems, normally not to this extent though
    So just kick out your son instead of shooting him.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just kick out your son instead of shooting him.
    Maybe he wanted to but his mom wouldn't let him?

And nowhere in their am I saying him shooting at his son was acceptable, like you seem to be trying to make it look like I am defending it :P
    You're a towel.