If you plan on playing ESO on consoles.

Expect most people to be silent and not a say word. It's a pain in the ass to type anything(if there's a chat box) and anyone who isn't trying to start trouble will not talk

You will run into some nice people to chat with, but it won't be a regular occurrence.

There's gonna be plenty of talking going on during dungeons though. Also Cyrodiil, man that will be a nightmare.

Welcome to MMOs on consoles!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

Expect most people to be silent and not a say word. It's a pain in the ass to type anything(if there's a chat box) and anyone who isn't trying to start trouble will not talk

You will run into some nice people to chat with, but it won't be a regular occurrence.

There's gonna be plenty of talking going on during dungeons though. Also Cyrodiil, man that will be a nightmare.

With any hope they will have some kind of filters in place. Guild chat and party chat for example.

10+ Year Old Account

PS4 you can use a normal USB / bluetooth keyboard, don't know about Xbone.
    How is the console implementation though, I know it's only beta but curious. I honestly haven't heard of how they're going to implement the controls.

Deleted

I have played FF:XIV on the PS4 and I have to say that you are right. FF:XIV is an MMO developed for PC and so it has a PC chat box like a regular MMO. This makes written communication very difficult if you don't use a keyboard (and who does on the PS4?). I have only ever typed "Hi" at the start of a dungeon because writing was just too time consuming with the controller.

What I also noticed is the fact that you can have a lot less skills assigned to your controller than you can have active at your regular PC HUD. You can have almost twice as many skills on your PC interface than you can have assigned to your controller. I have never played ESO so I don't know if this game has a lot of active skills that you need but I bet that there will be quite some skills that you won't be able to use because of the controller.

I am an avid PS4 gamer and I don't even own any decent gaming PC anymore but I still think that MMOs that were developed for PC should stay there because of the communication issues and limited controller buttons. I think that MMOs that were specially developed for consoles would work with some other communication tool but not with chat boxes and stuff like that.

This may be old, but I saw it for the first time today and was amused. :P

I wish I could get ears like that in character creation. It'd help make up for all their ugly hairstyles.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    What I also noticed is the fact that you can have a lot less skills assigned to your controller than you can have active at your regular PC HUD. You can have almost twice as many skills on your PC interface than you can have assigned to your controller. I have never played ESO so I don't know if this game has a lot of active skills that you need but I bet that there will be quite some skills that you won't be able to use because of the controller.
    ESO only gives you six active ability slots. It's nothing like FFXIV's 30+ abilities for each job.

Can anyone tell me that has played the Ps4/Xb1 beta if the LFG system for dungeons works like WoW's and teleports u there once ur group fills up.

Also has the PC version added this feature yet? I hope they do add it since chatting and grouping on Ps4/Xb1 will be a nightmare.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also has the PC version added this feature yet? I hope they do add it since chatting and grouping on Ps4/Xb1 will be a nightmare.
    You can teleport to any of your group members without a cooldown. All it takes is one person to be at the dungeon. It would be easier to implement a summon feature or autoport into the queue, so I don't disagree, but it's not 'needed'. Some games that are controller friendly use preformatted chat messages, like Tera. You could setup one that says "I'm in the dungeon, port to me" and it would be a couple of button clicks away.

I like the autoport, but I'm guessing they didn't use it so that groups could be more functional. IE, they don't have to just wait for a full group and jump in a dungeon. They can use their partial group to go do whatever content they please by porting to eachother. Like while waiting for the 4th they could go do a dolmen or boss or whathaveyou.
    BAD WOLF

In ESOLive friday, they showed gameplay from console beta, and they mentioned such a system was being developed, but wasn't it the build the showcased. But they said it would work the same way as emotes, which works a lot like the quickslot wheel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one new pet datamined in today's patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    ermahgerd....Fennec. They are starting to nail this pet shop thing. Next month we'll see corgis and red pandas and then everyone who didn't want to spend money is screwed.
    BAD WOLF

Console beta on the ps4 if anyone wanted a video.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just managed to snap up a Imperial Digital Deluxe edition for $20. figured why the hell not. Any tips for starters?

What should I try to obtain first, such as skills/professions etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Just managed to snap up a Imperial Digital Deluxe edition for $20. figured why the hell not. Any tips for starters?

What should I try to obtain first, such as skills/professions etc?
    This is going to sound crazy, but here is the honest truth:

Do whatever you want to do.

The only thing to know beforehand is what armor type you want to wear and what bonuses you want. If you are going to be all about spells that use mana/magic as a resource, you will want light armor. If you want to use all of the stamina based abilities, you will want medium armor. Heavy armor is really only for tanking at this point if you are trying to min/max.

If you want to craft your own stuff, level the corresponding professions. Other than that, seriously just play whatever class and whatever setup you like. You can be a true rogue with daggers, leather armor, and lots of stamina abilities or you can play a magic based life stealing rogue who uses whatever weapon and cloth armor. It's up to you.

Since you can reset your pts, you can choose the correct morphs at a later time, but you can't instantly level up another weapon. So make sure you choose the weapon and armor you want as soon as possible otherwise you waste a lot of time.
    BAD WOLF

Details?

I have some friends interested in the game and if I can get them all Imperial edition for the price of one I would be super happy.

I was thinking about this the other day. I have a ton of friends who tried this game back in beta and didn't like it, and returned to WoW/GW2 or whatever other game they were playing and just wrote ESO off as a bad game.

Do you think inviting players to a beta/alpha or work-in-progress state of a game could actually be a bad thing? You can only leave a first impression once and I feel like a lot of players are comparing a beta-state to the current live game they are playing and making their judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day. I have a ton of friends who tried this game back in beta and didn't like it, and returned to WoW/GW2 or whatever other game they were playing and just wrote ESO off as a bad game.

Do you think inviting players to a beta/alpha or work-in-progress state of a game could actually be a bad thing? You can only leave a first impression once and I feel like a lot of players are comparing a beta-state to the current live game they are playing and making their judgements.
    BETA (besides open beta) is not a trail to determine if said participating players would like the game. It is a beta, to test things, and report bugs and such. However most of what was in beta back a year and a half ago carried over to the main game. Release sucked basically.

However I am guessing you missed the memo of the free weekend for beta players a few weeks ago? All beta players got a free weekend invite last month of April to see all the changes. We even got free crowns. I took a pass on it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    BETA (besides open beta) is not a trail to determine if said participating players would like the game. It is a beta, to test things, and report bugs and such. However most of what was in beta back a year and a half ago carried over to the main game. Release sucked basically.

However I am guessing you missed the memo of the free weekend for beta players a few weeks ago? All beta players got a free weekend invite last month of April to see all the changes. We even got free crowns. I took a pass on it.
    Oh I like the game a lot now I play it more than any other game. I'm just saying it's a chore to get other players to go back with me because they last time they played it it left a bad taste in their mouth.

Deleted
    Prepare to get bored around level 12. Like really bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    Prepare to get bored around level 12. Like really bored.
    Or not. You know, personnal preference and stuff.

I enjoyed my time, a lot. Best experience (immersion in the lore/story) I had in an mmo since long time.