Every patch the game is getting worse and here are just a few reasons why a majority of the PvP community has left:

The horrible lag, broken cc system, ability bars locking up, aoe caps decision, and the worst of them all is the complete lack of communication from ZOS or care about the PvP side.

They had a poll on the ESO official forums regarding the aoe caps.

300 voted for it
    5,000+ voted against it

Zenimax made the decision to make the change and ignore the player base. The result almost every major guild left the game and now the servers can't handle everyone stacking as a ball group to get heals because of the aoe caps.

The game is unplayable 50% of the day.

Welcome to ESO!

Just picked this up on their Black Friday / Cyber Monday / whatever sale. They had normal for like 24 and Imperial for 32. Went with Imperial since it was just 8 more bucks (instead of the 20 it'd be to upgrade outside of sale time, if i started with regular).

I haven't played since one of the beta weekends haha. But a lot of my concerns seem to have been addressed since launch.

Where's everyone getting their ESO info from nowadays ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Just picked this up on their Black Friday / Cyber Monday / whatever sale. They had normal for like 24 and Imperial for 32. Went with Imperial since it was just 8 more bucks (instead of the 20 it'd be to upgrade outside of sale time, if i started with regular).

I haven't played since one of the beta weekends haha. But a lot of my concerns seem to have been addressed since launch.

Where's everyone getting their ESO info from nowadays ?
    What kind of info? theorycrafting and stuff? probably tamriel foundry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ESO-LAG View Post
    Every patch the game is getting worse and here are just a few reasons why a majority of the PvP community has left:

The horrible lag, broken cc system, ability bars locking up, aoe caps decision, and the worst of them all is the complete lack of communication from ZOS or care about the PvP side.

They had a poll on the ESO official forums regarding the aoe caps.

300 voted for it
    5,000+ voted against it

Zenimax made the decision to make the change and ignore the player base. The result almost every major guild left the game and now the servers can't handle everyone stacking as a ball group to get heals because of the aoe caps.

The game is unplayable 50% of the day.

Welcome to ESO!
    I'm going to disagree with this on the basis that I haven't had bad lag in awhile
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    What kind of info? theorycrafting and stuff? probably tamriel foundry.
    Yeah stuff to test out builds / get an idea how stuff will interact and all that, maybe some zone/area/quest guides (my plan is to tackle things on my own at a leisurely pace first, but you know it'd be nice to have something to double check afterward, etc.)

I remember having seen Tamriel Foundry before but when I took a quick glance just the other day it seemed a lot different, idk, felt like there were more guides and stuff. Maybe my glance around was too quick/cursory
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2015-11-30 at 02:24 PM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...ome_tips_from/

The ESO subreddit in general is a pretty nice group of folks, and also quite newb-friendly since there are a lot of console players who are new to the game. There are a few good character-builder tools, I don't know which ones are the most up-to-date. I still use esohead.com

http://eso-fashion.com/ is for checking out what armor/weapon styles look like.

Last but not least, http://deltiasgaming.com/ is a great site with tons of info. Unfortunately the author just announced he's taking a break from streaming, and maybe the game in the future. But as of right now it's still a good source of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...ome_tips_from/

The ESO subreddit in general is a pretty nice group of folks, and also quite newb-friendly since there are a lot of console players who are new to the game. There are a few good character-builder tools, I don't know which ones are the most up-to-date. I still use esohead.com

http://eso-fashion.com/ is for checking out what armor/weapon styles look like.

Last but not least, http://deltiasgaming.com/ is a great site with tons of info. Unfortunately the author just announced he's taking a break from streaming, and maybe the game in the future. But as of right now it's still a good source of information.
    Awesome, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought the game through steam sale. Played around a bit, models are more or less ugly, the combat feels verrrrrrrrry underwhelming. Will this get a bit better in later levels? :O
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Bought the game through steam sale. Played around a bit, models are more or less ugly, the combat feels verrrrrrrrry underwhelming. Will this get a bit better in later levels? :O
    The story and world is great. Combat is quite bad...especially with the default UI. Get some addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    imo combat got a lot better in the later levels when you get more skills and sets and there is many options for play styles for most of the classes.

Also learn to animation cancel if you haven't yet makes combat feel a lot more engaging and you will do a lot more dps.

Friend of mine bought it on steam sale.
    I came back and now we're having fun.

Overall the first tiny bit has felt a lot more polished than it did the beta weekend I was in. The intro being shorter seemed really abrupt, like they literally just cut part of it out without any real adjustment.

And maybe I was just too trashed and not paying attention, but I thought I heard you could select your initial weapon type in the intro ? I remember in a very early build you could pick from an assortment for your first, but then they changed it to like just giving you a 2h, but then I thought they changed it back to choosing ... ?

Either way, very minor gripe. I've only just started and it's pretty much what I wanted out of it, can't wait to try out various builds across a couple/few characters.

Oh, are folks still using graphics / fx / whatever mods ? I remember seeing some side-by-side screenshots of one in particular, made everything seem a lot sharper/clearer ... like the game has a slight grayish/brownish filter on top of everything naturally, that it removed somehow.

So I just got this the other day, and was wondering. Do I really need to read up on things before I start? I'm having fun just doing quests and taking whatever skills sound fun, but I'm worried I'm going to screw something up and have to start over. Is it ok to be clueless for a while and just have fun? Or will I regret it later on, if I put points in the wrong spot or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    So I just got this the other day, and was wondering. Do I really need to read up on things before I start? I'm having fun just doing quests and taking whatever skills sound fun, but I'm worried I'm going to screw something up and have to start over. Is it ok to be clueless for a while and just have fun? Or will I regret it later on, if I put points in the wrong spot or something?
    Shouldn't be a problem, but you can change points by going to one of the shrines
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Picked the game up with the sale and dear god it's amazing now. I don't know what Daedra the devs made a deal with turn that train wreck around but it's amazing.
    The only early game changes were to stealing/looting systems, crime, and the actual items in containers. Everything else is the same as it was at launch w/r/t gameplay. I agree it was a great improvement, but it's basically the same game. Perhaps you just needed a fresh experience with it?

In any case it's always good to hear someone enjoying something.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The only early game changes were to stealing/looting systems, crime, and the actual items in containers. Everything else is the same as it was at launch w/r/t gameplay. I agree it was a great improvement, but it's basically the same game. Perhaps you just needed a fresh experience with it?

A lot of the Delves have been improved.... questing through EP zones, I've found that Stonefalls is different but Deshaan is the same as launch, I'll assume the first zone for each faction is improved while the 2nd zone's the same for each factions

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

I was in an early beta weekend but haven't played live until recently, and although I'd have to say the gameplay is pretty much actually the same, that the package as a whole - including the combat animation adjustments - definitely make it feel like a much fresher experience than it actually is.

And man I really wish I hadn't gotten a new mmo at the very end of a weekend before a busy week for me. I've barely been able to put an hour into it, and I'd say a good half of that at least has just been adjusting the controls (I can't quite get it right without it supporting shift/alt/etc+ keybinds, which is really frustrating).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I was in an early beta weekend but haven't played live until recently, and although I'd have to say the gameplay is pretty much actually the same, that the package as a whole - including the combat animation adjustments - definitely make it feel like a much fresher experience than it actually is.
    Certainly...and while I wasn't trying to pick on that poster or say they were wrong so to speak, it just strikes me as really odd to have such a dramatic shift when core gameplay hasn't been altered. To me, who has played since beta and comes and goes randomly, the game doesn't *feel* any different to me. It's been just as enjoyable when it launched as it is now, with the improvement on my personal gameplay of not needing to loot every single container in existence and not having a thousand different cooking mats.

I think it's likely just having a fresh perspective sometimes with MMOs that makes us feel games have been radically improved, when really there was a gem of a game there we weren't quite attuned with. It's why I'm trying hard not to come of as disagreeing, sounding like I'm slighting the game, or whatever....b/c it's all positive...just really curious what motivates these type of outlooks and experiences.

I've had similar shifts and don't know why either, so I'm genuinely interested in this line of discourse.
    BAD WOLF

So, any of y'all using any workarounds to be able to use modifiers with your keybinds (as in, shift/alt/ctrl+ modifiers) ?

Every time I log on, I try to continue on the quest I'm on but then I stop to try to reconfigure my control scheme. Which is actually somewhat a compliment to the game, for something I didn't have such a good intro/early experience with I would have just stopped playing if i couldn't get the controls feeling good quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It's the little things. Before hand it basically just felt like another generic fantasy MMO but with Nirn races.

The combat feels better, the justice system added a lot, the minor tweaks here and there. It's like a puzzle, all the pieces are small but when you rearrange them like they did they add to an entirely new whole.
    Fair enough. I think I went through a similar thing with Wildstar after they added more solo endgame stuff.
    BAD WOLF