10+ Year Old Account
    How is this game doing?
    I see the recruiting threads on the official forum and reddit are weeks/months old (EU).
    Not many new videos on youtube and a few watchers on twitch.
    I'm looking for something rpg-ish and I already tried GW2, since it's free.....
    But I liked Skyrim a lot when I was young and with more free time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    How is this game doing?
    I see the recruiting threads on the official forum and reddit are weeks/months old (EU).
    i just read on reddit its on sale for like 19 somewhere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    How is this game doing?
    I'll give my perspective. The game is doing very well and seems to be growing relatively well ever since the Thieves Guild DLC. However, I think TESO is still a niche game and not particularly catered to WoW (GW2/FF14) players. I think to get full value out of TESO you need to be a RPG player (almost bordering roleplay) who enjoys learning about Elder Scrolls lore. If the lore doesn't interest you, a lot of the value of the game is lost and the only thing to really keep your interest from that point would be the Cyrodiil PvP or playing the economy. This is assuming you find a (or several) guild(s), because without them, I doubt TESO will keep you as a long term player. Although this could be said for every MMO.

I personally think the crafting system is one of the best for a themepark MMO. Also, the lack of global auction houses really makes the merchant/trader playstyle a much more viable and enjoyable one, though at the expense of convenience. It is not uncommon for a merchant guild to hold weekly player-held auctions and raffles. The combat system and character progression systems feel very RPG-y to me, something I haven't yet found in other themepark MMOs. There are some quirks like animation cancelling which you may or may not like, but I personally think it is superior to the GW2 system in almost every way.

There are still active Twitch and Youtube commuties worthwhile to interact with, just no powerhouses. If you enjoy what TESO has to offer, it can be a great themepark MMO experience.
    Last edited by mmocc0a31611b9; 2016-05-21 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently in order to run dungeons one needs to be in a guild. The queue times for a Damage dealer are ~1 hour long for a random dungeon. Which is absurd.
    The chat in the faction capitals is full of LFG announcements, this game is definitely not what I'm looking for.
    I will stick to other... options... more casual friendly, let's say.

If the console version ever gets a proper chat box I'll probably give it another go
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I quit for these reasons --

1 - In the pre end game PVP, you'd get crushed by twinked out toons with super gear and tons of Champion Points.

2 - Respecs were ridiculously overprices--and punishing to players who want to play healer or tank part time. Given how in demand these roles are, it blew my mind how hard they tried to push people out of playing these roles.

3 - End game PVP as a fresh max level toon--smashed by max VR and Champ Point (how can anyone use CP abbreviation?) characters wasn't fun--and I did not feel like grinding out start over questing in noob zone for other factions after I just finished the quest/leveling grind.

Have improvements been made to any/all of these?

Deleted
    so, any word on a character re-customization option? (barber, face/body modifier, cash shop re-customization etc.). Since I know the idea has been tossed around since late 2014 something but it seems there still isn't anything in the actual game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    so, any word on a character re-customization option? (barber, face/body modifier, cash shop re-customization etc.). Since I know the idea has been tossed around since late 2014 something but it seems there still isn't anything in the actual game yet.

It's being worked on. I think they said their ETA was the DLC after Dark brotherhood

No mention here of the Dark Brotherhood patch today? Pretty huge update

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    No mention here of the Dark Brotherhood patch today? Pretty huge update
    It was today? Hrm. I was trying to play and finally hit level cap on my character to play this content and I just couldn't do it. I love the game, but I'm starting to lose my ability to keep up with MMOs. In fact, some single player games are starting to get a little too big to manage into a regular life. Even gaming non stop on the weekends is starting to become a hopeless journey. Maybe MMOs can exist perpetually off youth, but I just don't have time to play MMOs I'm not established in unless they provide super catch up mechanics or leveling boosts that are meaningful.

ESO, even with leveling boosts has sooo much content in the leveling phase it seems never ending. Oh well....I'm sure Dark Brotherhood will turn out to be super fun. I guess I can go replay Skyrim sometime for mine.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah, I'm still downloading the patch, I just want to get in and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It was today? Hrm. I was trying to play and finally hit level cap on my character to play this content and I just couldn't do it. I love the game, but I'm starting to lose my ability to keep up with MMOs. In fact, some single player games are starting to get a little too big to manage into a regular life. Even gaming non stop on the weekends is starting to become a hopeless journey. Maybe MMOs can exist perpetually off youth, but I just don't have time to play MMOs I'm not established in unless they provide super catch up mechanics or leveling boosts that are meaningful.

ESO, even with leveling boosts has sooo much content in the leveling phase it seems never ending. Oh well....I'm sure Dark Brotherhood will turn out to be super fun. I guess I can go replay Skyrim sometime for mine.
    I'm with you there. I haven't been playing any mmos for quite a while now. However, I like quite a few the changes that I read here plus the Dark Brotherhood. I'm very tempted to come back and play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level cap, or more accurately post-DB, gear cap, is 160 CP's
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

If it's any consolation there is really nothing to do at level cap anyway. The dungeons are just slight rehashes of the ones you can do while leveling up and the pvp is a broken mess with a community that died a long time ago. Just think of it as a co-op single player game.

We really need to get off this mentality that MMOs are about MAX levels. I remember while playing someone was telling me that I should find the best leveling path or so because the game starts then. Games should start when you are playing, not when you are at max level or something. Content be there. For example, I remember while exploring I saw a weird elite (or what they are called) sitting in a camp alone. Killed him and got some letter, apparently he was turning into a vampire so he ran away from his loved ones and isolated himself.

Oh and I remembered how great the main theme in TESO is!

Quote Originally Posted by VXFadhel View Post
    We really need to get off this mentality that MMOs are about MAX levels. I remember while playing someone was telling me that I should find the best leveling path or so because the game starts then. Games should start when you are playing, not when you are at max level or something. Content be there. For example, I remember while exploring I saw a weird elite (or what they are called) sitting in a camp alone. Killed him and got some letter, apparently he was turning into a vampire so he ran away from his loved ones and isolated himself.

Oh and I remembered how great the main theme in TESO is!
    I agree and that's why I really love and enjoy Guild Wars 2 and The Elder Scrolls Online.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-06-03 at 07:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rust in Peace View Post
    If it's any consolation there is really nothing to do at level cap anyway. The dungeons are just slight rehashes of the ones you can do while leveling up and the pvp is a broken mess with a community that died a long time ago. Just think of it as a co-op single player game.
    That's how I played the game, but unfortunately as an MMO it requires more time and gates to earn things. If it was truly a single player game, I could smash out whatever items I wanted on my own time. As an MMO, that has to be drawn out over long time periods. This is my primary obstacle with trying to accomplish things in newer MMOs. Plus they are receiving updates in real time that 'never end' meaning if you miss them when they are current, you've just missed them completely.

Single player RPGs have no time constraints. But that's life, not trying to whine about it. If I was rich and played MMOs 24/7 I still wouldn't be able to play all the ones I like.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I agree and that's why I really love and enjoy Guild Wars 2 and The Elder Scrolls Online.
    I don't remember how GW2 is nowadays, but it was like that when I was playing it. The secret world, you get great experience as well while running around to do your thing. But in TSW it is a bit different than TESO approach.
    @Kelimbror: Even in single players they gate things, for drops and so on. Some more than others but it was there as well.

I have just started a character who I will level only by doing Dark Brotherhood related activities, and another only doing thieves guild. It takes forever but is kinda fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to return and start the dlcs, they look fun, concised stories, but i keep remembering i still haven't done a whole faction of quests so i lose interest.