Btw fun article on the development history of ESO: http://www.polygon.com/features/2016...iel-skyrim-mmo

What the game originally looked like

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Btw fun article on the development history of ESO: http://www.polygon.com/features/2016...iel-skyrim-mmo
    That was actually a really good read and I hope to see a follow up to it concerning Morrowind and other things this year. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    ERMAGAH! The hype is REAL!

Ok i want to ask simple question, looked everywhere and didnt find answer, but i have glasses so may be im blind.

Base game is b2p. I get that. No sub necessary. Awesome.
    There are paid dlc, which are one time purchase. Ok.
    My question is - do i need those dlc to stay competitive? Do they drop best items in the game? Or are they just extra story?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Ok i want to ask simple question, looked everywhere and didnt find answer, but i have glasses so may be im blind.

My question is - do i need those dlc to stay competitive? Do they drop best items in the game? Or are they just extra story?
    just story

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    just story
    Awesome, and thank you kind sir.
    I assume the morrowind will be full blown expansion, similiar to wow and ff14?

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, and thank you kind sir.
    I assume the morrowind will be full blown expansion, similiar to wow and ff14?
    Otherwise similar, but no increase in level cap. If there will be a level cap increase (aka champion point increase) it will affect everyone regardless of them owning or not Morrowind or any DLC's.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

mainly just story (and some instance content), but there ARE goodies that are DLC only. however, when it comes to gear that is tradable at least (like crafted stuff or motifs) - you don't have to have DLC to be able to use it, you can just buy it from someone else. otherwise - its extra costumes, so DLC specific decorations. oh yeah.. you get skill lines. personaly I find them to be invaluable. but that's because in this game I am an incurable kleptomaniac/serial assassin :P (and stories ARE very good IMO)

wait... scratch that. as far as I know, veteran Maelstrom arena which requires Orsinium, has some of the best weapons in the game for certain class/specialization combos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you know.. I honestly don't understand why people have problems with animations? I see people saying it, but.. I don't get it? they look fine to me. I certainly enjoy it better than new running animations for half my WoW characters...
    although I do like the game, I agree that the animations are somewhat awkward. They look really stiff and wooden to me. Combine it with the somewhat uncanny valley-looking player models and it ends up looking like your character is a plastic action figure.

Ok, so I'm having a bit of a newb struggle. I've found a build I want to work toward but the guide mentions nothing about passives. Now, how did you guys go about spending skill points? Do I end up getting enough to grab most of the passives from the trees I use + a few other trees?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Ok, so I'm having a bit of a newb struggle. I've found a build I want to work toward but the guide mentions nothing about passives. Now, how did you guys go about spending skill points? Do I end up getting enough to grab most of the passives from the trees I use + a few other trees?
    I'll put it this way: I have all my class skills, two weapon lines, one armor line, my race, legerdemain, Thieves guild and 5 crafting lines. Yes there is enough skill points for your passives.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    I'll put it this way: I have all my class skills, two weapon lines, one armor line, my race, legerdemain, Thieves guild and 5 crafting lines. Yes there is enough skill points for your passives.
    Seeing the 5 crafting lines leads me to believe I have nothing to worry about then.

Thanks for the quick reply.

One more: DLC quests are best done when? And when should I head into Cyrodil?
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2017-02-24 at 03:46 PM.

Seeing the 5 crafting lines leads me to believe I have nothing to worry about then.

Thanks for the quick reply.

One more: DLC quests are best done when? And when should I head into Cyrodil?
    Np, I even still have some 25-30 skill points I haven't collected yet, plus 45 skill points from pvp ranks.

What class are you playing? Stamina or majika?
    Also you can check out deltia gaming for builds, he has really good resources on his website.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    What class are you playing? Stamina or majika?
    Also you can check out deltia gaming for builds, he has really good resources on his website.
    This is what I landed on: http://esoacademy.com/builds/stamina-healersupport/

I would reccommend you follow deltia's builds, they are lvling builds and he does a great job of explaining which skills to take at what lvl and what passives. You shouldnt really worry about healing at such a low lvl.
    This links to his stamina NB leveling build. After you hit 50 you can prob re-spec for healing.
    http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina...uild/#Leveling

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post

What the game originally looked like
    I like that kind of targeting system -_-

Looks like they go on on full steam ahead with the lore-rape of the ES world. Fully fledged Imperial communities in Vvardenfell during this era. This is almoust as lulzy as the three faction setups.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Looks like they go on on full steam ahead with the lore-rape of the ES world. Fully fledged Imperial communities in Vvardenfell during this era. This is almoust as lulzy as the three faction setups.
    Lore-raping is just fine and I double facepalm every time someone mentions it. There's two things to it; neither the lore or the rape is real.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Lore-raping is just fine and I double facepalm every time someone mentions it. There's two things to it; neither the lore or the rape is real.
    Real? No, but the enjoyment of an established setting is derived from it's internal consistency and it's representation.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988