Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

BRF is amazing, BUT..

Blast furnance is one of the worst bosses I have seen in years. Could just be me but I detest these "90% add fights", they're so incredibly boring to me. Atleast spoils had some variation with the adds, but here they just crammed in so many annoying factors into one boss. And the main culprit (atleast for me) is the security guard. Now, they are not hard to deal with, but they just add a silly annoyance to the whole fight with those darn shields. It's not fun what-so-ever to constantly having to tank adds out of these shields every 10 or so seconds.

So far Blackrock Foundry is one of my favorite instances, but that god forsaken fight is the thing that just drags it down for me. What's your opinion? How did you find BRF as a whole, and do you have that one boss that is just a major pain in the &%! to deal with? Please share.

I actually like Blast Furnace a lot if done with a good group, ff you're pugging it it's mostly hell on earth (Azeroth?).
    I can imagine that it's kinda boring tanking the adds like you say though but my opinions are based on ranged DPS/healer perspectives, then again I don't like tanking that much at all...

15+ Year Old Account
    This boss reminds me of M'uru, adds, adds, adds, boss.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I actually liked the fight, until I had to DPS it as melee.

Blast Furnace, Maidens and whatever the train guys name is are my faves.

try do it as a DK with Necrotic plague and tanks who refuse to tank adds together in p2.. going from good to nonexcisting dmg... But agree, If i wanted to battle a oven i'd apply to hells kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I actually liked the fight, until I had to DPS it as melee.
    I'm the opposite. I've played a rogue since expansion launch (1st ever playing a melee) and do all of the fights fine, but when I switch to my hunter I feel like Ive gone full retard and die to stupid shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    try do it as a DK with Necrotic plague and tanks who refuse to tank adds together in p2.. going from good to nonexcisting dmg... But agree, If i wanted to battle a oven i'd apply to hells kitchen.
    Yup, my main is a dk, and I want to cry everytime we get to blast furnance

Deleted
    I dislike how 3 of the bosses; namely hans and frans, oregorger and thogar center around high movement and instant kill mechanics.

Please have only one of those types of bosses if any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    This boss reminds me of M'uru, adds, adds, adds, boss.
    Funny they're both called Guild Killers .

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Funny they're both called Guild Killers .
    I thought that was any boss with individual responsibility for avoiding a raid wipe.

Deleted
    Thogar and H&F are the best, most unique designed bosses this entire expansion imo. Blackhand is a good boss other than it being very very very unmelee friendly.

Blast furnace is okay, not a terrible boss but enjoyable at least.

maidens and gruul are really the only bosses I dislike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Re1 View Post
    Thogar and H&F are the best, most unique designed bosses this entire expansion imo. Blackhand is a good boss other than it being very very very unmelee friendly.

Blast furnace is okay, not a terrible boss but enjoyable at least.

maidens and gruul are really the only bosses I dislike.
    Blackhand is a fucking dumpster fire of a fight. The Normal/Heroic version is fine, I guess, but the Mythic version all but requires 3 rogues and is basically unkillable in its current state with more than 3-4 melee; never mind the fact that the only mechanically difficult part of the fight is figuring out how you want to deal with Siegemakers in P2 and the rest of the difficulty is just blatant and unapologetic overtuning.

The worst part about it all is that the boss is becoming increasingly trivial with gear because the mechanics are a joke for Mythic-caliber raiders and will be free loot as soon as it is inevitably nerfed.

I enjoy furnace, personally. The reason the vast majority of guilds struggle with it IMO is because people like to pad meters when the fight is largely single target. Once you get it through (enough) people's heads it goes pretty smoothly. It's a bit clusterfucky in p2, which can be overwhelming at first, but if you just kill the stuff you are supposed to when you are supposed to it's cake (prior to mythic). It's considerably less annoying of an encounter when the dps in particular actually do their jobs.

Blast furnace actually requires a little coordination, thats why its one of the best fights in this expansion.

Blackhand is the worst fight in the game I've ever done. I missed a handful in TBC and classic, but have downed every other fight.
    The amount of mechanics that are so finicky is just the least fun thing I've ever done.
    If there were only 9 bosses in the raid it would be my favorite raid in the game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Blackhand is the worst fight in the game I've ever done. I missed a handful in TBC and classic, but have downed every other fight.
    The amount of mechanics that are so finicky is just the least fun thing I've ever done.
    If there were only 9 bosses in the raid it would be my favorite raid in the game.
    I kinda like Blackhand as a final boss.... Taking a step back from the 15 min long fight... idk I also like Mythic Blast Furnace so maybe I am crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chiznitz View Post
    Blast furnace actually requires a little coordination, thats why its one of the best fights in this expansion.
    i think the same, figths were you need brain/understand/coordinate things i prefer. I like the raid, the atmosphere and so one, just a small downside: bring the range not the (meele)player.

i love blackhand p2, p1 meh, P3 is atrocious. it's just horrible and messy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blast Furnace is just the kind of fight that feels really really extra shitty when your group doesn't have the groove down for it. When everyone is on the same page (we lost teamspeak during P1 on heroic last week and still killed it without issue) it feels smooth and painless.