Log analyzis for feral

Hey guys, I raid lead a small casual group and our feral druid is a bit of a perfectionist. I logged our raid night and was wondering if you guys could provide some insight regarding where he can improve playstyle-wise.

Thanks in advance

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GyhmYdfn3qgrBJCx/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Mimox/simple

Deleted
    - Missing Weapon Enchant (Mark of the Thunderlord)
    - Not managing cooldowns effectively, he often seems to miss the 3rd use on 6+ minute fights.
    - His Rip uptime is very low in some cases, it should be as close to 100% as possible. This goes for Rake also.
    - I'm not entirely sure what he's spending Combo Points on, since his Rip uptime isn't 100% and he barely presses FB. The general rule is that if a creature will not survive atleast 14 seconds of a Rip, it's better to use Ferocious Bite.
    - I'm not sure what's changed in the logs lately but PS / Bloodtalons amounts are weird. However I would guess that your feral isn't making use of every PS proc for Bloodtalons, which he should be.
    - Doesn't seem to be using Swipe on Darmac for extra combo points, but that could be due to speed of adds dying.

Aight, thanks for the help, Fury!

Does that 65% up time on rip/rake only phase 1 on Oregorger because he probably isn't going to have high rip/rake up time during phase 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpantherlol View Post
    the uptime on Oregorger should be above 90% 95% if not more in the duration of the fight overall if you go and check other ferals on the same fight thats what you will see

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rce=11&fight=1 your logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=8 normal rank 1

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=7 Heroic rank 1

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=21 Mythic rank 1
    Not necessarily.

Comparing the rank 1 parses is really not a good idea.

It could be that in this case, the feral is needed to help dps the crates and so he can't chase the boss. They could also have a slow intermission phase which also leads to lower uptime.

Hello friends,
    I'm the the feral druid from the logs (Mimox).
    I would like to thank you all for your help, looking at other people's log helped me a lot on understand how to improve the way I play mine feral.
    I've been playing WoW for only 2 or 3 months now, so I'm still getting used to all the game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyspark View Post
    - Missing Weapon Enchant (Mark of the Thunderlord)
    - Not managing cooldowns effectively, he often seems to miss the 3rd use on 6+ minute fights.
    - His Rip uptime is very low in some cases, it should be as close to 100% as possible. This goes for Rake also.
    - I'm not entirely sure what he's spending Combo Points on, since his Rip uptime isn't 100% and he barely presses FB. The general rule is that if a creature will not survive atleast 14 seconds of a Rip, it's better to use Ferocious Bite.
    - I'm not sure what's changed in the logs lately but PS / Bloodtalons amounts are weird. However I would guess that your feral isn't making use of every PS proc for Bloodtalons, which he should be.
    - Doesn't seem to be using Swipe on Darmac for extra combo points, but that could be due to speed of adds dying.
    The weapon enchant is missing because I just got the weapon yesterday and didn't had the money yet to do so, But it will be done as soon as possible.
    I'm not maintaining my Rip and Rake up at a 90% rate because I still have some problem with the mechanics (stun, interrupt, movement), sometimes I also can't manage my rage very well (since it regenerates very slowly).
    I've never used FB on a target that had more than 25% of its life, since I tought that it would be only in that case.
    I try to use Bloodtalons on my finish moves, but that also needs improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpantherlol View Post
    i only checked your Oregorger kill a few things here

uptime on rip and rake is about 65% he should have above 90% more like 97%

he got only 2 Ferocious Bite's from the start till the end of the fight heshould have way more something like 15 and above
    i see that at the execute phase he is refresing rip instead spaming ferocious bite.
    bite refresh rip on targets with less 25% HP

he got 16 bloodtallons cast when he have 27 predetory swiftness those 2 must be equal and make sure that bloodtallons are spend on finish moves (Rip,Ferocious Bite) and rake

he casted 5 tigers fury while you should have 12-14 on 7 min fight

he is at 5 combo points and he still using abilitys like rake and shred to generate combo points while he should use them on a finish move like rip ferocious bite or savage roar

here you can see gaps on savage roar uptime the yellow line is his uptime from 2:15 till 2:30 -- 5:15 till 6:00-- 6:40 till 7:00 on those time periods he didnt have savage roar buff uptime must be 99% 100 if possible

dont want to sound like this guy but at least on that fight everything is pretty much wrong
    The problem with the uptime on Rip and Rake comes, mostly, from the problems that I have on maintaining my rage and combo points up.
    I'll focus more on the FB issue.
    Sometimes I use a late refresh on Rip and Rake so that I don't lose the extra damage that is already ongoing on the DoT applied. Sometimes when King of The Jungle is up (or Tiger Fury) I get some extra damage on Rip and Rake, so I wait until this DoT ends to do a new one, so that way I thought that I wouldn't lose that extra damage.
    Don't worry pinkpantherlol, I can see that you are trying to help.

So now I have some questions
    Should I use FB when I have combo points and don't need to refresh anything (at any given moment)?
    Whats the most important thing that I should focus to increase my DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Furyspark View Post
    Ferocious Bite is triggering PS twice. You should be able to subtract the number of FB casts from the number of PS procs to get the number you're looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PHerrera View Post
    so I wait until this DoT ends to do a new one, so that way I thought that I wouldn't lose that extra damage.
    Don't worry pinkpantherlol, I can see that you are trying to help.
    If your uptimes are that poor that's the last thing you should be worried about.

Should I use FB when I have combo points and don't need to refresh anything (at any given moment)?
    Bite when both your Rip and SR aren't in pandemic range and you either have Berserk up or are at around 90 energy.

Whats the most important thing that I should focus to increase my DPS?
    Bleed uptimes and combo point management (including spending them on the right finisher at the right time).

Also, if you can't easily see all the necessary information to perform your rotation in one place then you should adjust your UI.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Also, if you can't easily see all the necessary information to perform your rotation in one place then you should adjust your UI.
    Hey aggixx,
    I've been using your Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ as a source of information for my feral.
    For the UI i use the Pawkets' WeakAuras2 Display and WeakAuras - Bleed Snapshots (from Fluiddruid) along with other weakauras scripts.