Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Could u link these Treans logs? or is someone else here using Treants and ranking high atm?
    Curious how good the buff on it was
    Post on the topic in the sticky.

60k on Thogar heroic with treants, DoC and MoC. Might be abit cheesy, but the numbers are there. 7% from Treants, 7 rejuvs cast during the entire fight. The same guy has other logs with the same playstyle, and he's not doing badly.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2015-03-28 at 08:42 PM.

The numbers on those Thogar logs are highly inflated, because they don't have a Disc Priest and their HPally was dead for like 60%+ of the fight. It's not something that is representative of what you would see in a more normal raid comp with that talent selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The numbers on those Thogar logs are highly inflated, because they don't have a Disc Priest and their HPally was dead for like 60%+ of the fight. It's not something that is representative of what you would see in a more normal raid comp with that talent selection.
    There's often something special with the high ranked logs.

It's interesting that he's using two DPS trinkets and it looks like he has no spirit on gear whatsoever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    Post on the topic in the sticky.

60k on Thogar heroic with treants, DoC and MoC. Might be abit cheesy, but the numbers are there. 7% from Treants, 7 rejuvs cast during the entire fight. The same guy has other logs with the same playstyle, and he's not doing badly.
    But 7% is not even close to the value that SotF is gonna have.

I am pretty sure I could do 60k hps without talents in the same situation, just because he did OK healing doesnt mean that the talent is viable because the Rdruid healing Talents dont make HUGE differences besides SotF.

Quote Originally Posted by Colix View Post
    But 7% is not even close to the value that SotF is gonna have.
    Yes it is. He's doing 20% from SotF, +50% would be 10%, making treants 3% off. Then factor in the Swiftmend requirement and ease of use and mobility of treants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colix View Post
    I am pretty sure I could do 60k hps without talents in the same situation
    It's not only about the HPS - it's about preventing deaths. He almost solo healed that fight, and there was only 1 healing preventable death. The Regrowth spam needed to keep the tanks up might have been hard to afford without MoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    Yes it is. He's doing 20% from SotF, +50% would be 10%, making treants 3% off. Then factor in the Swiftmend requirement and ease of use and mobility of treants.
    I would actually like treants to be good, but the numbers are too low currently. As you show in that log, they can work on fights with little AoE damage, because the other talents wouldn't shine in those situations. However, there is no mythic fight that works like that. As you can see in the logs, he cast WG about every 20 seconds, and there's 50% overheal. Of course SotF's value will be low with that, but considering fights with more AoE damage, it could easily be three times as much (more WG casts and less overheal).
    The one fight I could see trees work on mythic is Flamebender - but since that's also one of the easiest ones, I don't really think about it a lot. For all other fights, trees are not a competitive option.

To contribute something to the original topic: I used DoC yesterday for mythic Maiden P1 progress. I had many tries where it was my #1 heal and it provided pretty solid numbers. Then I did a try without DoC but still spamming Wrath. And guess what: the difference in group health stability was non-existant. Of course I was very low on meters, but the other healers didn't notice the difference in healing. This basically confirms my view of DoC only snipering healing from other healers but not doing a meaningful contribution. I'd much rather take HotW for a large boost in damage or healing once P2 begins (and maybe on the 1st boat to get it done faster).

Mythic Maidens is pretty much an anomaly, it's about as close to MoP-style as possible. Overall throughput just does not matter one iota in that fight, the only things that do are damage reduction and/or mechanics skipping + a massive burst of throughput at the end. And of course using your Disc Priest to overpower the fight mechanics.

And even at the sub-20% phase, you are going to gain much more by reducing mechanics' damage than you'd ever gain by high throughput.

Blame the fact that literally every mechanic/"challenge" there can be "cheesed" one way or another, making it purely a control fight. A far cry from the "OMG impossible hard next SCBF" hype from Beta.

I swear by DoC, love it to pieces. Free spell with a faster cast time and higher heal output than healing touch, please and thank you. Was always LOVELY for Imperator.

Read alot of posts now, and seems that DoC for resto is shit :P

Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    It's definitely not something you should be relying on for real heals. It's more of a filler for periods of low damage. Saves mana, still positive healing, and is relatively quick. Definitely a better option than just standing still, or even casting unnecessary Healing Touches.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    TBH, the trinket buffs + 5 ilvl buff have basically made it obsolete at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    It's definitely not something you should be relying on for real heals. It's more of a filler for periods of low damage. Saves mana, still positive healing, and is relatively quick. Definitely a better option than just standing still, or even casting unnecessary Healing Touches.
    Sure, but why not just spam wrath anyway? without DoC?
    Just because ur wrath does 20% less dmg and no heal doesn't mean it's useless.