Deleted

How bad is fury compared to arms @ Iron Maidens?

Yo,

Has anyone tried Fury on Iron Maidens, that did not have to go up on boat? How was your DPS like? Wouldn't Fury be better at the second phase when you nuke 1 boss down?

I have not been fury on Maidens because while fury has better burst while not in execute phase compared to arms, arms far outshines fury in terms of burst dps in execute phase. I also never have to go up on the boat. I ended the fight at 43k, but don't read a lot into this number since we do 3 boat strat so we sit around for a solid minute doing 0 dps.

To give some perspective. Entering execute phase w/ Scabbard + Reck + Avatar + Pot as fury I'm looking at around 150k dps. If I have Scabbard + Reck + Bloodbath + Pot as arms going into execute phase I'm going to be hitting 250 - 275k dps.

Now people may argue "Well not all 250k of that dps is on the focus target (which is probably marak)" and they are correct. But even excluding the 50% sweeping strikes cleave you're looking at 125 - 135k dps on the focus target. So in the end it's a question of trading killing the focus target slightly faster w/ ending the fight significantly faster.

I'll try fury on M Maidens next week anyway cause why not I guess.

Deleted
    for me it does not make a huge difference.
    since the execute nerf its like the only boss to play arms at(at least the way I look at it), and I dont care to carry arms specc just for this fight.

Deleted
    on my warrior (686 ilvl) 10/10 HC i play arms if im not going bot if i go boat i will always go fury due to the second phase and since i would be going fury on boat my guild will not expect my dps to be as high as it is as arms

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done :im Rustux on those charts as fury recently fac / server changed so im missing alot of logs
    but as you can see i stil managed to pull 41k dps and it was a really messy fight due to the amount of melees we had (we were currently pretty much boosting 2 ppl) the Shadow priest & frost dk at the bottom) and the other warrior who is playing fury did not go boat hes a social in the guild that we allow to join on Farm bosses therefor we do not ask him togo arms etc cause dps is never an issue.

and the last phase fury is not better due to execute only hitting one person but as arms you use sweeping and execute and hit all 3 if they are stacked (most of the time Admiral wont be) so x2 hits with execute all the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykir View Post
    for me it does not make a huge difference.
    since the execute nerf its like the only boss to play arms at(at least the way I look at it), and I dont care to carry arms specc just for this fight.
    this, its not a huge difference once the boss is downed

Quote Originally Posted by Qisse View Post
    Yo,
    Wouldn't Fury be better at the second phase when you nuke 1 boss down?
    No, because arms has stupid high execute range DPS, and that fight has extended execute length because people switch to single target to down them one at a time at the end, so you get to sweeping strikes execute all day. Arm's "back-loaded" damage is good here.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-03-28 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing fury for progression. Once we actually get near execute phase, I'll go to arms.

Fury can pull overall decent numbers there but when you are still progressing damage before the last phase is pretty much meaningless.

I actually got better numbers as fury, was rank 6 fury last i looked on mythic, bout 90 odd as arms, and i tried the horror that is UT because i thought it might give me more raging blows, but higher ranks all used SD obviously (i outraged myself when luck was good, but when luck was bad the bt spam rage capped me) so i can do better still.

Though i can also do better still as arms, and while you're progressing the only part of the fight that is hard is the final 20%, its a fight built for arms and the ridiculous execute's (nerfed as they may be).