Poll: Obvious question

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    YES. Just like other games LoL, Dota, etc. We could benefit from a solo queue.

Quote Originally Posted by rorian View Post
    Nah that's skirmishes which is different.

On topic: One of the problems I see with solo Q rated play is it would turn into being about creating a premade group to beat pug groups. They couldn't prevent grouping as then people wouldn't be able to play with friends and then people wouldn't do it. Sure they can try to fix it in matchmaking like they "try" to do in random bgs right now but we've all been in random bgs where a group of 5 from the same guild/group easily dominates the game.

To me it isn't really a fun gameplay design to promote forming a group with the sole purpose of defeating unorganized queue formed "pug" groups. Even if the max queue group is 5 people, in a 10v10 rated bg, 5 people is enough to dominate the average pug group. The whole thing reminds me of vanilla wow bg groups, which we would make so that we could quickly and efficiently defeat the solo Q teams to get as much honor/rank as we could. It would be very similar I fear.

Not saying the current RBG system is great by any means, but I don't know if solo Q's would really be a better system.
    Solo queue ONLY, no premade or a limited number (2-3)or it will be crappy like in other games.

I want it but don't think it is possible. When I first heard of rated BGs I thought it would be solo q not a separate event. There isn't really a way to have an individual ranking without having people just group up with their skilled friends to get their rating higher, right there that kills the idea of solo ranked q.

As was mentioned, que times to get 10 different classes per side of a similar rank would be hell.

Queuing into a team that was much higher ranked than you would still happen and be as pointless as it is in RBGs.

I don't see why people bitch about class balance so much, here's a tip don't play ww monk fo PvP. I like to think of it as the competitive Pokémon tiers: OU UU and NU, some classes will be over used, some will be under used and some will be never used. They may shuffle and change with updates/patches/expansions but you can't balance 11 classes x3 specs it is impossible. PvE is obviously a large factor as to why you can't balance for pvp. IMO faction/racial balance is needed more and more likely because putting together an 1900-2k group horde side is impossible rn.

Cross realm guilds would prob be the biggest boon. Being able to group with like minded and similarly skilled players would be better than counting on blizz to do it for you. And I am totally anti social haven't played in an active guild since wrath, but I can see this is needed to increase participation in RBGs

Quote Originally Posted by trevoroxx View Post
    There isn't really a way to have an individual ranking without having people just group up with their skilled friends to get their rating higher, right there that kills the idea of solo ranked q.
    Like i said in the post above, solo queue ONLY or just 2-3 friends at max so no abuse from the players

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love this feature - but it would need to be random vs random.

Hell yes fucking pls even better if you can que with up to 2-5 friends in a group.

Should just require a certain item level.

I wouldn't care if no titles are awarded but at least rating and conquest points would be nice. Maybe one unique title for getting above 2200 solo que MMR.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Holinka asked to ask him about soloq should he give an interview, btw. Then again, he might totally answer something like "it's bad and I don't care what you think because you 'don't have a proper understanding' of it".
    hehe I totally see him saying that.

Deleted
    Solo or with up to 4 friends would be fine, *system will pair a group of 5 players against another group of 5 players etc*
    With PROPER matchmaking rating, so that you play and face players of your own skill level like in dota2.

That would atleast reignite my interest in the game, and subscription....

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Solo queue ONLY, no premade or a limited number (2-3)or it will be crappy like in other games.
    This^

At first thought I was against this, but IF they made it solo queue only and grouped people into brackets (only group 1800-1900 rated people together) it could actually work. A lot of my problems with RBGs stem from it taking so long to get a group you are comfortable with together. This would eliminate that entirely, and so long as you could not form premade groups everyone would have an equal chance of getting placed in a lousy/good group.

Deleted
    It would be amazing!!! The first thing that would happen is all the premades and gladiators who roflstomp me would disappear into the sunset. As they disappeared over the horrizon my win rate would increase, my fun would increase and so would my win rate until I too left the noob cateogry and I was in my own natural level where the games were fun a nd win/losses were 50/50.

Quick story, not to brag but to illustrate. Start of Mop I got into a really good RBG team that got me geared in full conquest gear pretty darn fast. Now I like to solo queue random BGs, just for fun. I entered an arathi basin, went mines as I always do when Im horde as its just smart strat. Only horde there, v 3 allies and I killed them. Took the base then went fast to stables. Caught them ressing there and killed them again on GY. Killed the guy defing stables, took stables. They all ressed and came down with someone else from the start zone and I engaged 5v1. by this time some support had arrived and they wiped on us. ofc with me throttling reinforcements like this our Bs crew took out LM and the next spawn had about ten of them coming at us. Except ofc the guys I had already wrecked were hanging back and half the horde had drifted to the stables by now. 5 bases to nil the game ended quickly and the score board showed lots of 1:1 2:0, 0:1: except for me. I went 9 nil with top damage.

Question is did I ruin that game for 15 players? or 29? cos it seemed pretty balanced apart from me storming 2 bases singlehandly then throttling the respawns. Idont think I should be in the regular pool playing against newbies 17yr olds who bought this game end of mop. It isnt fair on them, it isnt a challengene for me and I don't think its good for the game for me to crush them over and over and over until they quit.

Quote Originally Posted by nightgerbil View Post
    It would be amazing!!! The first thing that would happen is all the premades and gladiators who roflstomp me would disappear into the sunset. As they disappeared over the horrizon my win rate would increase, my fun would increase and so would my win rate until I too left the noob cateogry and I was in my own natural level where the games were fun a nd win/losses were 50/50.

Quick story, not to brag but to illustrate. Start of Mop I got into a really good RBG team that got me geared in full conquest gear pretty darn fast. Now I like to solo queue random BGs, just for fun. I entered an arathi basin, went mines as I always do when Im horde as its just smart strat. Only horde there, v 3 allies and I killed them. Took the base then went fast to stables. Caught them ressing there and killed them again on GY. Killed the guy defing stables, took stables. They all ressed and came down with someone else from the start zone and I engaged 5v1. by this time some support had arrived and they wiped on us. ofc with me throttling reinforcements like this our Bs crew took out LM and the next spawn had about ten of them coming at us. Except ofc the guys I had already wrecked were hanging back and half the horde had drifted to the stables by now. 5 bases to nil the game ended quickly and the score board showed lots of 1:1 2:0, 0:1: except for me. I went 9 nil with top damage.

Question is did I ruin that game for 15 players? or 29? cos it seemed pretty balanced apart from me storming 2 bases singlehandly then throttling the respawns. Idont think I should be in the regular pool playing against newbies 17yr olds who bought this game end of mop. It isnt fair on them, it isnt a challengene for me and I don't think its good for the game for me to crush them over and over and over until they quit.
    Thats the joy of random matchmaking though. Yes its nice to play against your own skill level so you can feel accomplished when you win, but thats what rated is for. Random bgs are fun for doing a relaxing game. Id hate if they removed my ability to go into randoms and stomp people. I rarely play them but i enjoy them when i do.

Deleted
    Well I joined a game in the end of Mop that WAS alot of fun. It was a twin peaks and everyone on the horde bar me was timeless isle geared or boosted greens. So I went out met a ton of boosted allies and entered my own personal killing spree: until I made a fully tooled up ret like me who caught me with cds down and killed me. How dare he! So I came out the gyard raced over to him and nuked him. After that he and I the only geared players in the BG had our own private war over in a corner independent from the rest who seemed very happy to just let us get on with it! Occasionally a noob would wander over and get wrecked trying to "help". Meanwhile they had fun trying to fight for the flag and we had a ton of fun killing each other and testing each other.

I don't doubt we canceled each other out and that if one of us hadn't have been there the other would have totally destroyed the game for the other team and left them being gy camped. We had a lot of fun, but is our fun really worth the fun of 14/28 other people? is that really good game design? Isn't that why blizz (allegdly) removed tanks from pvp? (nothing at all to do with them not understanding the role ofc. no no. and lets not apply that logic to healers huh?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we need a ranked solo queue for battleground (and even for arenas) in World Of Warcraft.

- no more hassle to create a group.
    - play any time you want.

What do you think about this ?
    this doesn't work because you get people queueing up at the same time trying to get their premade into what is essentially a pug bg with better rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    this doesn't work because you get people queueing up at the same time trying to get their premade into what is essentially a pug bg with better rewards.
    That's why it should be ONLY solo queue and not a-10-friends-group queue.

That's why it should be ONLY solo queue and not a-10-friends-group queue.
    I just find it unlikely that blizzard would put something in that you couldn't do with your friends. I could see them restricting max queue to 5 player groups, but that doesn't eliminate the issue as a 5 player premade group should be able to beat a solo queue pug every time so you would have to do strict matchmaking which can cause queue issues and opens another can of worms of queue times vs team balance. All it would be is random bgs with better rewards.

A system like this would help players who are not doing RBGs currently as the toxicity of the RBG "community" prevents a lot of players from participating, but I don't think it would increase competition at all or anything like that. I can see arguments for and against, but personally I don't know if it would actually be an improvement on the system we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by rorian View Post
    Nah that's skirmishes which is different.

On topic: One of the problems I see with solo Q rated play is it would turn into being about creating a premade group to beat pug groups. They couldn't prevent grouping as then people wouldn't be able to play with friends and then people wouldn't do it. Sure they can try to fix it in matchmaking like they "try" to do in random bgs right now but we've all been in random bgs where a group of 5 from the same guild/group easily dominates the game.

To me it isn't really a fun gameplay design to promote forming a group with the sole purpose of defeating unorganized queue formed "pug" groups. Even if the max queue group is 5 people, in a 10v10 rated bg, 5 people is enough to dominate the average pug group. The whole thing reminds me of vanilla wow bg groups, which we would make so that we could quickly and efficiently defeat the solo Q teams to get as much honor/rank as we could. It would be very similar I fear.

Not saying the current RBG system is great by any means, but I don't know if solo Q's would really be a better system.
    This is why they should keep the current system but add on the solo que system with a rated ladder. Obviously you want it separate because organized teams will have an advantage with communication.
    There will be people developing modes I am sure like preform av but whatever. It will be an addition to the game to create more participation. We need more people pvping. The current system works for the really good players. Need something new to draw in new players. The current mmr system is not working properly because there is not enough people to fill it at each rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsure View Post
    This is why they should keep the current system but add on the solo que system with a rated ladder. Obviously you want it separate because organized teams will have an advantage with communication.
    There will be people developing modes I am sure like preform av but whatever. It will be an addition to the game to create more participation. We need more people pvping. The current system works for the really good players. Need something new to draw in new players. The current mmr system is not working properly because there is not enough people to fill it at each rating.
    I agree with your premise but I don't think a solo Q system would draw new players. If anything I'd think it would be intimidating to new players to have to queue by themselves into a pug environment that we've all seen be quite toxic in other games. This is the main reason that I think it would be unlikely for Blizzard to implement something like this. Again, in no way am I suggesting the current system is working, but I don't know if solo Q is what the game needs.

I strongly support this, I love battlegrounds, but I'm at a point in my career where I simply don't have the time to organize and schedule with numerous other people. The rewards for regular battlegrounds are utterly meaningless and trivial, which is also why bgs are often terrible, as there is no incentive for anyone serious about PvP to play them other than for early-season gearing or gearing alts and friends. In other words, regular bgs have been turned into a meaningless ritualistic grind that's not fun for anyone. Serious rewards would definitely attract serious players and cause everyone to take bgs more seriously. Also, we had rated solo que in Vanilla, so it's not even a new thing, it's actually the original form of serious PvP.

I personally don't like the idea of a solo que system. I think it would divide the community between solo que and rbgs. I also feel it would just be incredibly toxic, I see it in random bgs all the time, if a team is losing some guy just starts spewing insults and blaming everyone else. I don't see the point in eliminating communication and teamwork from rated games, warcraft is an mmo and meant to be played with other people. If you want to solo que go do bgs, but if you want rating go make some damn friends.