Poll: Obvious question

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I would be King, that much is sure.

I've thought about this a bit more and maybe I'm off but lets see what you guys think.

To me it doesn't seem like everyone is necessarily interested in the idea of a solo rated battleground ladder, as much as another means for them to earn conquest and/or raise their conquest cap without having to depend on finding an RBG group and all that entails.

I think a better way to do it would be to keep battlegrounds as it is now with honor rewards, but perhaps implement some sort of milestone system that allows you to earn additional conquest and/or raise your conquest cap for reaching these milestones throughout the season whether it be season milestones, weekly milestones, or both that can be achieved while playing random battlegrounds. Not necessarily achievements, but perhaps win milestones, or even deeper to have things like total team base caps etc. I think keep it team-based to prevent players from focusing on individual accomplishment rather than helping the team win. (Just quick thoughts of mine there, didn't really hash it out)

With this system, people who are just starting out still have an active means to entry level pvp, while giving players who have been playing the entire season another means to reaching and/or raising their conquest cap if they happen to dislike the current arena/rbg system.

I don't think a system has to be a competitive ladder to be successful, it just has to be goal-oriented and keep players wanting to come back for more. I suppose there could be some sort of leaderboard tracking these milestones, but it doesn't have to be a rating ladder that we have for the arenas/rbgs, for those who want do want a little bit of a competition as well.

I'm sure there could be tweaks and what not, but this is just something I was thinking might be cool/different than what we currently have.
    Last edited by rorian; 2015-03-31 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    I would be King, that much is sure.
    We will see this

Still liking the solo que rating system. Wasted a lot of time waiting for groups to form in rbgs and watching them disband after one loss. Heck even after one win a group fell apart. Ladder system based on performance would be a good incentive to waste time. The current system is time consuming and you are only as good as the people you are playing with. With a solo rating set up properly. You can gauge individual performance. It will give good players an incentive to que while their partners or friends are not logged in. I like the current system, just would like to see this addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsure View Post
    Still liking the solo que rating system. Wasted a lot of time waiting for groups to form in rbgs and watching them disband after one loss. .
    That's the main reason i want a solo queue :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    How would you coordinate anything properly for it to even work out? You need to call kill targets, designate a healer. This feature just would not go over well. We all see how LFR does and the average skill level of the players there. You will have bots, afkers, messed up group comp with too few or no healers, people who are just down right bad, those who can't or wont follow directions and more. It may be a fun idea to entertain, but there is just too much that can and would go wrong with it.
    I think there could be some problems with the solo queue, but not for the reasons you listed.

Actually, the rating system would probably solve many of the issues you listed. Bots and AFKers most likely would never get a rating over 1200. If players can get their rating over that hump, they may never see Bots or AFKers again (at least for long). Also, if you are a low skilled PvP player, wouldn't you rather fight against/with other low skilled players? Furthermore, the higher you got your rating, the more likely you would be to get in groups with more organized players. The rating brackets would become a lot more like sports leagues.
    Last edited by Golden; 2015-04-10 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I think there could be some problems with the solo queue, but not for the reasons you listed.

Actually, the rating system would probably solve many of the issues you listed. Bots and AFKers most likely would never get a rating over 1200. If players can get their rating over that hump, they may never see Bots or AFKers again (at least for long). Also, if you are a low skilled PvP player, wouldn't you rather fight against/with other low skilled players? Furthermore, the higher you got your rating, the more likely you would be to get in groups with more organized players. The rating brackets would become a lot more like sports leagues.
    Good logic. This is how I believe it work out too. People who do not put the time in will stay at the bottom. Organized upper end players will have a better measurement for recruits with talent.