PSA : Don't kill Blackhand without Blackhand's Secret quest active

Well that's if you are on that part of the chain that is.

Seems like you cannot kill him for runes and go back and get his Arm after you pick up the quest.

IIRC Lei Shen let you get his Heart on a second kill. :/

Guess I'll have to wait another week now, will finish my runes tonight but killed Blackhand just to see it.. .

Edit: This is to get on to the follower section.
    Last edited by Jabberie; 2015-03-25 at 01:20 PM.

I did the same thing as I didn't turn in the blast furnace quest until after I killed BH. But it doesn't matter, it just gives you gold and nothing more, no follow up either. Guy just says you've got them on the run and that's it.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I did the same thing as I didn't turn in the blast furnace quest until after I killed BH. But it doesn't matter, it just gives you gold and nothing more, no follow up either. Guy just says you've got them on the run and that's it.
    Same time, I hadn't turned in the previous quests. I finish my runes this week as well so this means I cannot get my next ring until next reset.

Edit : I've read this completely wrong - I just can;t get on to the follower. . .

Not so annoyed now.
    Last edited by Jabberie; 2015-03-25 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    That's not entirely true. Need to complete both quests to unlock Garona as a follower, so doing this means you have to wait a week for her .

This happened to me last week. Killed BH on heroic -> didn't know there was a quest for his hand ->went back in on Normal and killed him -> got quest item -> got Garona.

You will not get the quest item if you try to kill BH twice in the same week on the same difficulty.

This goes for all drops from the legendary quest I believe. I just started the Abrogator Stones quest on my monk after having cleared LFR Highmaul and when I killed Kargath again in the same reset I didn't get any Stones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    That's not entirely true. Need to complete both quests to unlock Garona as a follower, so doing this means you have to wait a week for her .
    Yup, realised after checking some more. Least I get my ring. Follower can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Houselol View Post
    This happened to me last week. Killed BH on heroic -> didn't know there was a quest for his hand ->went back in on Normal and killed him -> got quest item -> got Garona.

You will not get the quest item if you try to kill BH twice in the same week on the same difficulty.
    Lei Shen allowed you to do this. All previous drops allowed you to do this. (no quest, kill lfr, get quest, kill LFR again, get stones/runes)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    This goes for all drops from the legendary quest I believe. I just started the Abrogator Stones quest on my monk after having cleared LFR Highmaul and when I killed Kargath again in the same reset I didn't get any Stones.
    Yes, but this is about 2 different quests.

Deleted
    Thanks for the heads up! Should be coming to this shortly with any luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It was like this in MoP too for the collection quests. However, Blackhand's Secret is not a collection quest; it is pretty much identical in scope to the quests to retrieve a drop from Sha of Fear and Lei Shen. These quests allowed you to loot the item even if you were not loot-eligible or had already killed it on another difficulty that week; Blackhand's Secret does not currently and is presumed bugged.

Thank you so much for this! I'm 15 runes off my third tablet and didn't want to wait another week.

I was trying to find the bluepost about Lei Shen dropping is heart even if you killed him that week, could not find it.

It's not like the quest say "Next time you can loot Blackhand, can you rip is arm at the same time".
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads