10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    That indeed would be dumb. You pander to the base in the primary and then move to the center during the general.
    This becomes rather more problematic when almost everyone carries around a video camera and there exist means to trivially distribute said footage to the world.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    This becomes rather more problematic when almost everyone carries around a video camera and there exist means to trivially distribute said footage to the world.
    Kinda sad though isn't it though? That a politician has to pander to one group to get one vote in, then pander to another to get another vote in.
    *le sigh*

Just saw this..
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...405-story.html
    Fundraiser for Washington florist who rejects gay marriage raises $90,000
    This is the florist that got fined $1000
    In addition to the 875k they raised for the Pizza place in Indiana, it seems like bigotry might be the way for businesses to go.
    Last edited by chrisberb; 2015-04-06 at 04:52 AM.

yeah but the free market will take care of bigots

but this is the wrong sort of take care of

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    This is the florist that got fined $1000
    In addition to the 875k they raised for the Pizza place in Indiana, it seems like bigotry might be the way for businesses to go.
    Heh, no its not.

What you saw there was the result of media efforts to focus all the hysteria on the closest thing they can find to what they have people convinced is surrounding people at all times.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Indiana has to be a special kind of special for NASCAR and Walmart to come out against their practices.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

yo who wants to get in on the publically say you hate, sorry, will not serve gays money train?

i got a folding table if someone can provide the lemons we can split it 50/50

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    yo who wants to get in on the publically say you hate, sorry, will not serve gays money train?

Did not understand a fucking word of that. Something about a gay "money train"?..
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2015-04-06 at 07:33 AM.

yo who wants to get in on the "publically say you hate, sorry, 'will not serve gays'" money train?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    yo who wants to get in on the "publically say you hate, sorry, 'will not serve gays'" money train?

Sorry ... I accidentally bought oranges instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Speaking of abortions, why are christians so against it?

-The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ... --Numbers 5:21-21, 27-28 [This is the obvious elephant in the room]

-Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14

-their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

-And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6 [Just to give you some perspective on how human life up to the age of 5 is valued in the bible]

Paints a pretty clear picture to me
    Don't bother trying to find support for any of their crackpot beliefs in the bible, conservatives just use that as a cover for their racism, misogyny and homophobia. This law is Indiana is a prime example.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    You aren't their boss and no one has any reason to tell them who to cater to except out of selfishness and laziness in not finding someone who wants to do business with them. This is a really simple idea.

My favorite fat Rodian has the answer to this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...F-JrxEZs#t=455
    It becomes scarce when you don't welcome more opportunity. In the end, the market economy will decide the fate of these control freaks who demoralize their neighbors.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2015-04-09 at 01:08 AM.