Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    As I said earlier, if you think beating children is okay to do, then the children's issues most likely stems from that.

Attitudes like yours is the reason why this generation "is so spoiled".
    I always think that if you need to resort to violence as a parent then you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc View Post
    I always think that if you need to resort to violence as a parent then you're doing it wrong.
    Is it really parenting when your child tries to kill you? The parent didn't resort to violence they disciplined their child by removing a pleasure (their phone) their nutbag child escalated the situation with violence.

And others have said, you can't always blame the parents nature vs nurture is a hell of a thing

I don't think it has anything to do with today's spoiled kids having iphones. When I was younger, I got really furious, when my mom took some precious items from me, like my Gameboy and stuff like that. I didn't try to poison her, but I threw an enormous tantrum and hit her. It doesn't matter what the mother takes.

However trying to poison/ kill her mom about that is fucked up. No doubt about it. That girl needs help in a mental hospital!
    Last edited by josykay; 2015-03-25 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trevoroxx View Post
    Is it really parenting when your child tries to kill you? The parent didn't resort to violence they disciplined their child by removing a pleasure (their phone) their nutbag child escalated the situation with violence.

And others have said, you can't always blame the parents nature vs nurture is a hell of a thing
    I wasn't blaming the parent... I was responding to the people saying that "This is why corporeal is needed" and I don't think that helps either before or after. If your child actually tried to kill you, I'm not sure a quick smack is doing to do anything... Violence towards a child is a loss of control on the adults part... In this specific instance, though, I will say that logic goes out of the window. If someone (anyone) tried to poison me, I have no idea how I'd react.

After reading the article more I have realized that the alleged motivation of the girl is complete heresay at this point and that this is just a click bait headline.

While trying to poison someone to death is certainly bad, for all we know the mother could have been an abusive bitch, and the cops asked her "Do you know why your daughter tried to poison you?" She was like "It's because shes mad cause I took her iphone away" and conveniently left out the fact that she was selling her daughters body for crack cocaine.

But let's just ignore the fact that there is currently no evidence about the girl's motivation and instead go for the expected click bait response.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    After reading the article more I have realized that the alleged motivation of the girl is complete heresay at this point and that this is just a click bait headline.

While trying to poison someone to death is certainly bad, for all we know the mother could have been an abusive bitch, and the cops asked her "Do you know why your daughter tried to poison you?" She was like "It's because shes mad cause I took her iphone away" and conveniently left out the fact that she was selling her daughters body for crack cocaine.

But let's just ignore the fact that there is currently no evidence about the girl's motivation and instead go for the expected click bait response.
    The comments section is gold though...

Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc View Post
    The comments section is gold though...
    It's still deliberately careless journalism and the pathetic mindless chest thumping that follows. Yet another reason why I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I hope I'm right about the mother, not because I want somebody to be abused, but because I want to see all of the chest thumpers heads explode when they realize what kind of assholes they are for taking the bait to begin with.

I don't think we are investigators or a jury here. Someone posts a FD situation and treat it like a hypothetical: what if some kid poisoned their parent over them taking their phone.

To discuss the story as if it actually happened or will impact our lives isn't really the point IMO.

Deleted
    Send her to Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Guys, let's be real for a second. Be honest with yourself. This 12 year old girl lost her phone for at least 3-5+ days. Imagine going without your phone that long. Possibly even the internet (?). How upset would you be?

I might be suicidal if someone took my phone away for that long.
    if you have that problem, you have issues......

i love the internet don't get me wrong

but i do not need it or a phone to be happy or feel like i am dying
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2015-03-25 at 04:55 PM.

Here you go, straighter from the horses mouth:
    http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_27...son-mom-taking

When the woman confronted her daughter about the bleach, the girl admitted she had hatched a plan to kill her for taking away her iPhone.
    Really?

"Why is there bleach in my water karafe!?"
    "Huehuehue, mother, you thought you were clever taking away my iphone, but for that I formulated the ultimate plan to kill you with bleach, if not for your pesky sidekick, the poison control unit at the Boulder community hospital, it would have all come to fruition!"

Sorry, conversations like that just don't happen. This story just reeks of bullshit from the very source.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    My only issue with corporeal punishment is that I know I did not have enough, because often I got away.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is.
    Yeah no. If your kid is capable of poisoning you because of this it's not because she wasn't hit enough growing up. This is indication of larger parenting fails. Besides non physical punishment is just as effective as physical.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Yeah no. If your kid is capable of poisoning you because of this it's not because she wasn't hit enough growing up. This is indication of larger parenting fails. Besides non physical punishment is just as effective as physical.
    doesnt have to be parenting fail, the kid can just be fucked

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Ib4 "the new generation is spoiled and feels entitled to everything, my generation is the last decend one".
    Current generation is pretty fucked up, only due the fault of the previous one though...who in their right mind gives a smartphone to 12 yo...

Don't blame the children, blame the godawefull parents who are raising them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with today's spoiled kids having iphones. When I was younger, I got really furious, when my mom took some precious items from me, like my Gameboy and stuff like that. I didn't try to poison her, but I threw an enormous tantrum and hit her. It doesn't matter what the mother takes.

However trying to poison/ kill her mom about that is fucked up. No doubt about it. That girl needs help in a mental hospital!
    While true, the 2 times I did go apeshit on my parents my gave me a serious spanking and a rightfully deserved one. I flat out called my mother a street whore when I was 14 when she took away my Xbox...I'd roundhouse kick myself if I could meet myself when younger. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Send her to Utah
    Send her to Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    doesnt have to be parenting fail, the kid can just be fucked
    While true still helps my point...hitting a kid with a personality disorder isn't going to straighten them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Current generation is pretty fucked up, only due the fault of the previous one though...who in their right mind gives a smartphone to 12 yo...

Don't blame the children, blame the godawefull parents who are raising them.
    I don't really see the problem in a 12 year old having a smart phone.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Your logic is, obviously, flawed - it is the lack of punishment and conditioning that lead to this.

And what would you do, "You tried to kill me, so, eh, no computer, be home by 18:00, and only permitted book is law book."? Lulz.

- - - Updated - - -

While true still helps my point...hitting a kid with a personality disorder isn't going to straighten them out.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really see the problem in a 12 year old having a smart phone.
    Hitting and conditioning the kid well enough is going to help them adapt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    That's so insane. Kill someone over an iphone..
    I'm certain this came along a long line of stuff. It would be unbelievable if this was just the only reason.

Pretty messed up. Hope the mother is okay and the girl gets the help she needs.
    Hi Sephurik

#blameapple