Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Without soaking, ERW or sitting on Runes then my Breath's are about 10-12 seconds spending Runes normally rather than trying to use FeS to buy extra time. Doing this as an Orc aswell so no racial help. 17+ seconds in an actual live raid environment is looking like a bit of an ask really. Gonna keep trying but with this sorta theorycrafting in mind, it ain't all that encouraging.

Yes, I agree with your rule of thumb and I think BoS takes quite alot of practice to get down properly during a boss fight - in order to maintain a high amount of uptime.

I did some more testing on Gruul and Oregorgor yesterday, as well as looked through alot of the reports - I'm getting consistently higher numbers with NP Oregorgor, as long as I can maintain a 90%+ uptime with it (whilst also affecting the crates).

Some of the reports are also interesting, and might indicate the same. I did an easy calculation (which is probably too simplified) and took the highest NP ranked player and compared it to a higher ranked BoS user - with close to the same duration on the fight 4:23 vs 4:26. Further more, I added up BoS damage, Frost Fever and Blood Plague and compared it against the NP users damage. What is show is that if the BoS user instead went for NP and maintained as high uptime as he did with Frost Fever and Blood Plauge (95% - which is higher than the NP user with only 90%) he could have done higher amount of damage

2.19m (BOS, PL and FF)
    2.43m (NP - 90% on boss 18,7% crates)

Then again - every single one of them might just need more practice on BoS in order to get a higher uptime than ~12%
    Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Without soaking, ERW or sitting on Runes then my Breath's are about 10-12 seconds spending Runes normally rather than trying to use FeS to buy extra time. Doing this as an Orc aswell so no racial help. 17+ seconds in an actual live raid environment is looking like a bit of an ask really. Gonna keep trying but with this sorta theorycrafting in mind, it ain't all that encouraging.
    17 seconds average is like I said what I usually get on dummy tests. +/- 2 seconds if I do some stuff differently than normally. Somewhat terrible at the discipline of redoing the exact same thing over and other again, maybe except for pulls and ofcourse the ramp up for BoS due to performance and fluidity matters.
    In raid environment you should in most cases get more, if the boss moves erratically for whatever reason you could lose uptime, but that is something you should either plan for or make your tank stop spinning the boss.

For opening BoS it is of utmost importance to have runes and follow up runes, I generally would want 2 death/uh runes with the next ones coming in the next 2-3 seconds to maintain a high rp lvl as long as possible, to have as much time as possible to get more runes before BoS drops.

@Miseras
    Its hard to compare just the dmg BoS+diseases vs NP. BoS gives you way more SS as you have PL and don't need to spend death runes on FeS like you need to for maintaining NP. In the special cas eof oregorger NP is actrually more competitive than for gruul, if you can maintain NP solidly in P2 and get the 15 stacks on crates. At this point you are comparing BoS on one target to NP on 1,x targets (you won't get up to 2 targets but sometihng in between). So the gap is closing in requiring better BoS execution comparably than you need for gruul to beat NP.
    Same is for all bosses. BoS could beat NP on an AoE fight if adds don't live enough to make NP superior in target count. If you end up haivng effectively 1,5 targtes for nP because adds live like 3 seconds. A ST BoS might be able to beat. I have that sort of situation on thogar for instance. Adds die so fats due to multiple demo locks and fire mages + generally a lot of AoE that I do basically the same dps with both talents although ideally NP is WAY stronger.

Although your BoS opener on thogar can be ridiculous if you can soak those exhaust fumes right before the boss area shortly before the pull. I can if I do it correctly do more than a million dmg(or alteast around that number, last kill was 975k or so, had a 1150k at some point during progress although with a few more FeS so the additional gain is a bit questionable) with my first BoS on thogar mythic due to ams soaking, shortly more than one target, having done my setup before the pull etc.
    Last edited by Raikh; 2015-04-01 at 12:07 AM.