Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What keeps you playing GW2?

What keeps you guys playing GW2? I got it as soon as it released and it kept me occupied for a little while but I always felt like it lacked that gripping quality WoW has. Maybe I've sunk more time into WoW but I was just curious to know what keeps you interested?

nothing other than I enjoy playing it

Pretty much that it is fun. Reason enough to do anything.

Anything I find in the game fun?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I feel Guild Wars 2 has a very interesting development environment. They make interesting decisions, take unusual directions and so forth. I have remained interested due to the esoteric development Arena.net has exhibited over the past decade and a half.

I am not too interested in video games as entertainment though. I tend to play a handful of games for "fun", so to speak, usually of the puzzle/strat variety.

I really enjoy the movement and activity, it's just fun to run around and do stuff.

I have hit the point where I need somewhere new to do it all in, but oh well.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flamethrowers.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 is bacon.

In a genre full of wow-clones (which will from now on out be referred to as the Anti-Bacon), GW2 is really doing something different....from how they structured the game so that you are happy to see other players, to always having something new to do (40 content patches since launch), or something new to chase (zillions of skins and other collectible items), to not obsoleting content or areas with gear treadmills (my legendary that I worked so hard for is BIS forever), or something new to master (instantly change weapons and builds, swap out professions in PvP without having to level), to epic battles in WvW, to not excluding friends because they don't have the right class (now we know that trinity games suck), smoothest, most mobile + fun combat - it's quite simply the most fun thing with the best community that I've ever played.

They re-invented Pac-Man in an underground maze with ghost dogs. Bacon.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Keylos View Post
    What keeps you guys playing GW2? I got it as soon as it released and it kept me occupied for a little while but I always felt like it lacked that gripping quality WoW has. Maybe I've sunk more time into WoW but I was just curious to know what keeps you interested?
    What quality exactly? For me, I have come back to GW2 over and over for the fact that

A: No sub. I can play when I want, how I want.

B: Pvp is far more balanced then other games.

C: It's just fun. You don't feel obligated to do any thing, you just do what you want to. I think that's the biggest issue from people coming from wow, they were always forced to do stuff to the point that it became second nature. So now in a game where they get to be in control of their own destiny they feel lost and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    GW2 is bacon.

In a genre full of wow-clones (which will from now on out be referred to as the Anti-Bacon), GW2 is really doing something different....from how they structured the game so that you are happy to see other players, to always having something new to do (40 content patches since launch), or something new to chase (zillions of skins and other collectible items), to not obsoleting content or areas with gear treadmills (my legendary that I worked so hard for is BIS forever), or something new to master (instantly change weapons and builds, swap out professions in PvP without having to level), to epic battles in WvW, to not excluding friends because they don't have the right class (now we know that trinity games suck), smoothest, most mobile + fun combat - it's quite simply the most fun thing with the best community that I've ever played.

They re-invented Pac-Man in an underground maze with ghost dogs. Bacon.
    This! So much this..

Never thought I'd like the game this much

Deleted
    Thanks for your replies, I feel that I should clear up however, that I don't dislike GW2. When I did play I really enjoyed it but I always felt like it was missing something, at least for me, it's still installed on this machine so I'll have a go at it again!

Deleted
    Having an active guild and WvW

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    GW2 is bacon.
    Well that explains a lot of things. Also now I am hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaneZetsu View Post
    Having an active guild and WvW
    Having an active guild helps a lot I like doing pretty much everything in the game so that's part of what keeps me playing. Every time I log in I have a ton of things I enjoy to do if I want

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Having an active guild helps a lot
    It helps with any mmo. My guild in wow was the only reason why I stuck with that game for so long.

There have been other mmos in which I enjoyed more but never stuck with them due to the no guild part

I wouldn't say smoothest combat. However the boss fights have been getting increasingly better and from the stress test are still better still. More telegraphs and interrupts seem meaningful. Now if they apply this to all old content too like the dungeons then I think dungeons in general would be a lot more enjoyable.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

No sub fee, so I can come and go as I like. Combat is more dynamic. I haven't sunk near as much time into GW2 as I have wow, so I find there is a lot more to do here. Pvp, while never possible to totally balance, is much easier to get into here. For spvp, aka bgs, no gear farming necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Keylos View Post
    Thanks for your replies, I feel that I should clear up however, that I don't dislike GW2. When I did play I really enjoyed it but I always felt like it was missing something, at least for me, it's still installed on this machine so I'll have a go at it again!
    It's missing two things. One is the sub fee. Two is structure. The structure is what you want to make for yourself.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My character. I grew attached to her. Yea, it is stupid, but that's what you get for roleplaying.

Well I've only been playing for a month (since the last 75% off sale) so I still have loads to do, I never find myself bored in town as there's always something I could be doing. Whether or not this will be the case in 6 months I don't know, but for now I just really enjoy playing the game.