Refer-A-Friend Help

Hello,

I'm returning to Wow after a couple months and happened to get my friend into it as well. He is currently on a f2p account and wants to sub and play the game past level 20. I'm resubbing tomorrow and plan on referring him to get the triple xp blah blah blah. This is where I need help.

He has had a battle.net account since the release the hearthstone but has just started playing wow f2p 2 days ago. He wants to start a sub tonight and if he does that can I still refer him? I keep reading that refer a friend makes the person make a whole new account so would that be $20 wasted? (The wow starter pack thing costs 20 and comes with a month of game time)

Thanks

If he starts a sub tonight, you would not be able to refer him. You need to send him an invitation first, then he can upgrade his account and subscribe for the two of you to have the rewards.

I pulled this from their site.

To recruit a friend, they must not already have a World of Warcraft account or their account must be fewer than 30 days old. Starter Edition accounts are eligible for this service. Players who created an account more than 30 days ago and are returning to the game are not eligible unless they create a new account.

So if he subs, his account will be less than 30 days old...so will it work?

Oh, hmm... I'm not sure then. I've never done that, but I think it should still work.

Personally, I've always recruited a friend before subbing, not after.

Yeah I would hate for him to go to far forward and miss the chance for triple xp, I have some alts I want to level haha.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatorny View Post
    Yeah I would hate for him to go to far forward and miss the chance for triple xp, I have some alts I want to level haha.
    As long as the account he has is under 30 days old you can use recruit a friend on it, I have used RaF a few times and even under those circumstances, referred a friend with a 2 week old trial account.