Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Is that what we're doing now? "I find this lame, therefore it is not content"? Guess nothing is content then. I've spoken to a very large portion of the playerbase who do not like raiding, therefore raiding is not content. I and many of the people I speak with do not enjoy PvP, so PvP is not content. A large number of players on this website do not like leveling, so leveling is not content. Many others would be happy to see dungeons go, so dungeons are not content. And let's not forget World of Dailycraft in MoP - The number of people shouting from the skies that dailies suck? Guess MoP launched with zero content.

Anything added to the game which gives players something to do, lame or otherwise, is content.
    LOL don't be an @$$hole taking the first sentence and half of the last sentence is literally removing the context.

It is techincally content (anything in the game is derp), but it's not WoW content. All those other things u mention are what wow was all about.

I honestly don't see what is so thrilling/fun about levelling your followers and send ing them on missions, its poor gameplay but if u like it that's fine. But it is not content as in the sense of world of warcraft.

I don't raid, like at all, haven't since wotlk but of course I consider a raid tier content and am even happy when they release this content that I will never play.

Content is something that required me to use my characters spells in a somewhat challenging way for some sort of worthwhile reward.
    Last edited by trevoroxx; 2015-03-25 at 11:30 PM.

need actual criticism, feedback and suggestions as opposed to howling doomsayers ranting about the end of the world, swearing the end is nigh.

yes, we should all worship blizzard^^

just had to check "participate in jaylock thread" off my bucketlist
    I've no idea what to write here.

It is content, and it is in WoW. You can complain all you like - It is WoW content. WoW is all about playing WoW. Whatever content is in WoW is WoW content.
    OK I'll bite, if blizz introduced "new content" which was:

A portal teleports you to an island of level 1 mobs that drop nothing but crafting materials. Your spell book is disabled and all you do is click and loot the mobs for as long as your heart desires.

If this was added to the game would you consider it content?

So maybe I need to apoligize and backtrack since you misinterpreted what I mean when I said the garrison isn't content. It isn't worthwhile or fun content. And what's the difference??

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree that the level of criticism coming out of the forums as of late isn't exactly what they deserve, but neither do they deserve blind praise.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Blizzard has done a fantastic job creating WoW, and it gets tiresome to see naysayers and doomsayers continually bashing the developers and the game over such little and trivial things.
    Yeah, I especially disliked those naysayers and doomsayers during MoP, always ranting about LFR instead of thanking Blizzard for it... remind you of someone?

Also, I like the quote in your sig. Is this some kind of sarcasm-inception?

Jaylock is a huge troll. That's a fact.
    Or ist just an opinion? Discuss, maybe Jaylock can learn the difference.

But you got me to answer in another of your stupid threads, so congrats on that.

I love WoW and the work Blizzard has done, but criticizing a company doesn't mean you despise them...I just want to see the game I love to play be better and reach its full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Keep in mind that it is a vocal minority constantly screaming and throwing tantrums on forums, in that regard most of us are silently praising Blizzard for their 10 years of reign while playing their game
    ^This

People who are happy with the game are not going to be flooding the forums posting their feelings about the game, like all of the whiners and doomsayers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Blizzard has done a fantastic job creating WoW, and it gets tiresome to see naysayers and doomsayers continually bashing the developers and the game over such little and trivial things.

This expansion has brought us more dungeon and raid content than any other expansion launch. It has brought us more non dungeon and raid content (open world + garrisons) than any other expansion. The story has been top notch and the nostalgia factor has been amazing.

We shouldn't be degrading and criticizing the developers, we should be openly praising them for the job they have done.

Less negativity, more positivity is what this community needs.
    As I read this, it dawned on me who the OP is:

--SNIP--

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-03-27 at 02:58 PM.

Also, this is another slippery slope. That means anything without a reward is not content. Brawler's Guild is not content. Dailies are not content. And then we have to define what is 'enough' of a reward. Is experience enough? Clearly not because it goes away at max level. Gold? Garrisons reward gold. Materials? Garrisons do that. Gear? Most content in the game doesn't reward gear.

It also means if you don't use character skills, it is not content. Meaning Pet Battles, Mounts, Achievements... All not content.

You can't further define content. Content is anything added to the game. Period.
    Lol youre trolling.

Brawlers guild offers rewards (or at least it did? The fist weapon boa?)

Of course Dailies offer rewards or no one would so them.

Questing rewards gold at endgame and is more content than garrisons because I have to do more than just log in for gold. And it should be obvious that levelling tour character is a reward.

And no pet battles aren't content, they are at best an extra feature.

Mounts and achievements are content so long as they are rewarded for moving your character and caring spells in a somewhat meaningful way. A new mount added to the store is not content, a new mount added to the vicious saddle vendor is content.

Again, we are disagreeing over the choice of words, I said content rather than fun and meaningful content. I apoligize. You are 100% right ANYTHING in the game is content regardless if people enjoy or do it. But the problem is WOD didnt deliver enough in game stuff for people to enjoy, which to me is the same thing as no content. Sorry for my choice of words but it doesn't change the situation.

Are we no longer allowed to criticize a company that provides a service that we're actively paying money for? If that's the case I better call Bright House and apologize to the manager for criticizing his service technician who was rude to me and didn't provide the service that I paid for.

Deleted
    Fun Fact:

MMO-Champ stats
    Threads 884,034
    Posts 21,374,789

If we were all posting like Jaylock, it would look like this:
    Threads 2,884,034
    Posts 21,374,789

Also, a third of all threads would be closed by a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Are we no longer allowed to criticize a company that provides a service that we're actively paying money for?
    Of course we are allowed to, the OP does it all the time - but it's only okay if it's about LFR, welfare gear and the possibility of flying.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Are we no longer allowed to criticize a company that provides a service that we're actively paying money for?
    Problem is, a lot of the "criticism" is hyper-negative, non-constructive doomsaying and ranting. And people crying about the expansion being shit because they can't use their flying mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been subbed consistently since December 04. Never had an issue with any expansion or Blizzard...until this bag of dicks WoD launched. It's so bad I'm very willing to never buy another Blizzard game ever again. I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars on Blizzard games, WoW specifically, WoD is just plain unacceptable to me.

I am very grateful to have played so many new games since WoW has gone down the toilet.

They really have my best interests at heart.

Edited for guaranteed bites!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Been subbed consistently since December 04. Never had an issue with any expansion or Blizzard...until this bag of dicks WoD launched. It's so bad I'm very willing to never buy another Blizzard game ever again. I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars on Blizzard games, WoW specifically, WoD is just plain unacceptable to me.
    you what? You are telling me that you think MoP was better than WOD? Best expansion so far was WOTLK and WOD is nr 2 by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    you what? You are telling me that you think MoP was better than WOD? Best expansion so far was WOTLK and WOD is nr 2 by far.

Sorry didn't realize your opinion = fact.

I can't judge MoP because while I was subbed the whole time I did not play majority of it. But what I did play, yes, I would play runescape again before ever touching another garrison or anything to do with WoD.

Your money is all the thanks the devs need. Keep giving it to them while they laugh at you for paying higher costs for lower quality products.

this is all in the name of stirring up argument. This xpac was more expensive than any other, and as opposed to what Jay said in the OP has not had the most amount of raid content, nor dungeon content. So this is just silly and I'm not going to partake in the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    yawn. 0/10. Try harder Jay.