Deleted

How can our guardian druid improve? (logs inside)

We feel like he is lacking in tanking, here our link the the logs, much appreciated if anyone can give a few tips

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

armoury link

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lybilly/simple
    Last edited by mmoc7767e40b19; 2015-03-26 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    He seems to be casting savage defense once or twice a fight, it should be much much more than that. But outside that really, his damage is good, his maul use is good.

Also, pulverize isn't right on all fights, though this is normal so its more forgiving. Bristling fur for example can be better on Oregorger alongside glyph of survival instincts.

He also has two DPS trinkets. Get him tank trinkets pls.

Doesn't look awful. SD uptime can go up though. He doesn't prepot, he should use Bonus Armor pots. He needs tank trinkets, badly, and rings. BA is king.
    He should be using glyph of SI on specific fights. Looks like he's using it on all at the moment. Berserk uptime is low. Use it with trinkets on CD and pot. Hello burst dps.

I'm more of a blackrock enchant fan. Bleeding hollow isn't bad, but i feel Blackrock is more useful, and is up when needed.
    He has 170 Bonus Armor, he needs BA items, without them he's basically a rogue with more hp.

He's probably having troubles tanking because of these factors. His overall play isn't bad, it's just small adjustments.

Expanding on what's been mentioned, it appears that your Guardian is prioritizing Maul way too much over active mitigation, i.e. not using Savage Defense enough. It's fairly evident due to the massive number of Mauls cast in the encounters (pretty much used on cooldown) and how much/long your Guardian is rage-capping and wasting pretty much half of his/her generated rage for no good reason. You use Maul (without Tooth and Claw procs) when you have absolutely nothing else better to use rage on, otherwise you better be spending it on at least SD.

Let me guess, do you feel like your bear is just constantly taking damage and needing to be babysat by healers? It's because your bear seems to be more focused on doing damage than avoiding/mitigating damage. Your Guardian could easily avoid two to three times as much melee auto-attacks as they currently are, which is pretty massive.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Expanding on what's been mentioned, it appears that your Guardian is prioritizing Maul way too much over active mitigation, i.e. not using Savage Defense enough. It's fairly evident due to the massive number of Mauls cast in the encounters (pretty much used on cooldown) and how much/long your Guardian is rage-capping and wasting pretty much half of his/her generated rage for no good reason. You use Maul (without Tooth and Claw procs) when you have absolutely nothing else better to use rage on, otherwise you better be spending it on at least SD.

Let me guess, do you feel like your bear is just constantly taking damage and needing to be babysat by healers? It's because your bear seems to be more focused on doing damage than avoiding/mitigating damage. Your Guardian could easily avoid two to three times as much melee auto-attacks as they currently are, which is pretty massive.
    Well maul is active mitigation. So its not too bad.

But yeah, savage defense should be used a hell of a lot more.

Deleted
    Savage defense should be almost used on cooldown whenever hes tanking, hes only cast it once in the gruul encounter. Hes not even using his rage on self healing, just spamming maul. Has he macro'd it into one of his abilities or something? He needs to get SD up more, or at least use FR more often.

That being said, hes not taking that much more damage than your other tank. It mightnt be evident when tanking normal though. Guardian druids do take more damage than other tanks but here it doesnt look like hes taking a huge amount more. Unless hes spiking a lot. I mean I pugged with a better geared guardian druid than me (on my warrior) and he was straight up taking double my damage. Things arent that bad for you guys at the moment, just follow our advice and youll be grand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Well maul is active mitigation. So its not too bad.

But yeah, savage defense should be used a hell of a lot more.
    Maul is only active mitigation when tooth and claw procs.....if he uses it on cd then a lot of them are not mitigation.