Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yeah i loved naxx.

- - - Updated - - -

i refuse to use dr. i win.

- - - Updated - - -

mostly because i hate what gvg represents.
    Then craft whatever you want, you won't get far.

care to explain?

not having Vol'jin in priest control deck is just sad

I guess I'm confused why there is a question about what legendary card you should craft. Obviously you don't care about competing, so it doesn't really matter what you want to do. Craft anything you want.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Assuming you have none to start with, here's the general breakdown of power for a priest, based upon my opinion and the general feeling I get from the legend streamers I watch:

Dr Boom >> Sylvanas Windrunner > Loatheb > Vol'Jin > Ragnaros the Firelord > *Black Knight >= *Harrison Jones > Sneed’s Old Shredder > Bloodmage Thalnos > Cairne Bloodhoof > the rest

*Very meta dependant

Really, if you don't have Dr. Boom, craft Dr. Boom.
    remember that game where you didn't see a dr. boom in someone's deck after going through 90% of it and you were like wow not 1 boom drop.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i loved naxx.

- - - Updated - - -

i refuse to use dr. i win.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused exactly what does gvg represent? Future expansions, power creep, rng, dominance of aggro? There are plenty of things have been saying about GvG that are both good and bad so you will have to be more specific.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    remember that game where you didn't see a dr. boom in someone's deck after going through 90% of it and you were like wow not 1 boom drop.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused exactly what does gvg represent? Future expansions, power creep, rng, dominance of aggro? There are plenty of things have been saying about GvG that are both good and bad so you will have to be more specific.
    unneccesary power creep. a good chunk of the cards are straight up better than the starting cards. i don't like that aspect. they should have been able to stand on their own merits. i also really don't care for the theme. rng doesn't bother me too much i just think they went a bit overboard with it in the expansion. basically i disagree with the direction the developers decided to take the expansion card set and don't find those cards fun so i don't use them. with one exception. unstable portal on my mage just to see what pops out.

i ask for opinions on cards because i wanted peoples input regarding the starting card set legendaries for control priest. i don't see why i have to play optimally to be able to receive advice about which legendaries to craft just because i'm not going to get to legend rank doesn't mean i'm not going to play good. i also am somewhat interested in the blackrock mountain expansion.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-03-26 at 10:55 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    unneccesary power creep. a good chunk of the cards are straight up better than the starting cards. i don't like that aspect. they should have been able to stand on their own merits. i also really don't care for the theme. rng doesn't bother me too much i just think they went a bit overboard with it in the expansion. basically i disagree with the direction the developers decided to take the expansion card set and don't find those cards fun so i don't use them. with one exception. unstable portal on my mage just to see what pops out.

i ask for opinions on cards because i wanted peoples input regarding the starting card set legendaries for control priest. i don't see why i have to play optimally to be able to receive advice about which legendaries to craft just because i'm not going to get to legend rank doesn't mean i'm not going to play good. i also am somewhat interested in the blackrock mountain expansion.
    No, you're not going to "play good". You're ignoring the advice given to you by the majority and deliberately gimping yourself so you can make some form of political stand against GvG. Fine, point made, or whatever - now go craft whatever the hell you want because it's obvious this thread is jot actually about getting inputs from people about what legendary works but merely for you to grandstand your moralistic viewpoint.

Go ahead, craft Cairne if you like, it's your dust. Best of luck to you.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Dr boom. Better than voljin and you can put him in any deck

- - - Updated - - -

why i thought cairne was a really good legendary and alexstrasza was really average? i am not going to craft any gvg legendarys.
    Sky golem is better than cairne and it's 400 dust

In principle I don't see why he can't try a "no GvG cards" deck, it's just a deliberate deck constraint. Who knows, maybe he'll be uploading vids a month from now with his "no GvG legend rank".

I disagree about GvG, apart from Dr Ridiculous there's nothing wrong with it, it's just a new meta. But hey if he wants to make his deck his own way that's up to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    In principle I don't see why he can't try a "no GvG cards" deck, it's just a deliberate deck constraint. Who knows, maybe he'll be uploading vids a month from now with his "no GvG legend rank".

I disagree about GvG, apart from Dr Ridiculous there's nothing wrong with it, it's just a new meta. But hey if he wants to make his deck his own way that's up to him.
    Handlock and Control Warrior are capable of that. Just put in Soulfire instead of Dark Bombs, and Ragnaros or Sylvanas in instead of Dr Boom. My Control Warrior list only has Kezan Mystic, Shieldmaidens, and Dr Boom in it from GvG, but you could just put in Senjin Shieldmasta, and Cairne in instead, and maybe another Shieldblock, and a Sunwalker in instead of Shieldmaidens.
    Last edited by muto; 2015-03-27 at 05:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dr. Boom

My Priest deck uses no classic Legendaries atm, and if it did they would probably be Black Knight, Harrison or Sylvanas. Sylvanas really deserves a place in a control Priest, though control Priest is pretty meh atm due to meta being so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Sky golem is better than cairne and it's 400 dust
    Pretty much.. Crafting Cairne is just a no go nowdays as there is an epic that is better than it.

Obviously, if you don't want to craft Dr. Boom because you "hate what GvG represents" (which is asinine, btw), then you don't really want to win at all. You just want to have fun playing whatever random stuff you can. That being the case, craft Mekgineer Thermaplugg and make a Leper Gnome deck.

Oh wait, that's GvG and you hate what GvG represents. Maybe you should craft Millhouse Manastorm then. It seems more your speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is why i didn't want to answer the question. because that's all i get is attacked by people who can't stand opinions that don't match their own and instead of answering the thread just derail it by attacking the premise and saying the idea sucks you suck. real fine community we have here.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    this is why i didn't want to answer the question. because that's all i get is attacked by people who can't stand opinions that don't match their own and instead of answering the thread just derail it by attacking the premise and saying the idea sucks you suck. real fine community we have here.
    Most people probably thought it was a troll thread after someone asked what legendary they should craft for a certain deck, and then when being told what legendaries were best, turned around and said "I won't craft any GvG legendaries".

If you don't want to play optimally, fine, but don't expect serious reponses for a non serious deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dr. Boom, Sylvanas, Voljin, Black Knight, Ragnaros ... depends ond the meta. In a faster meta i would go with sylvanas.

IMO people need to chill out, he can play whatever deck he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Handlock and Control Warrior are capable of that. Just put in Soulfire instead of Dark Bombs, and Ragnaros or Sylvanas in instead of Dr Boom. My Control Warrior list only has Kezan Mystic, Shieldmaidens, and Dr Boom in it from GvG, but you could just put in Senjin Shieldmasta, and Cairne in instead, and maybe another Shieldblock, and a Sunwalker in instead of Shieldmaidens.
    Yeah would not surprise me. Unsure if there's a Priest deck that works, but anyway you can get to legend with a half-decent deck if you have a lot of persistence anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Sylvanas is probably the best leg for control priest from the first set. I'd go for her.

The first legendary I crafted was Harrison Jones. I just wanted to try the Blingtron-Harrison combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Sylvanas is probably the best leg for control priest from the first set. I'd go for her.
    she pretty much required in any control deck and also in a handful of non control decks and oddly the first legendary i ever got

My current Warrior deck: http://i.imgur.com/HrKGgoe.png

Bear in mind that I have spend 0 money on the game so far

So I currently play Warrior, it's a bit "controlly".

I'm currently thinking about getting: Grom, Alex, Ysera or Sylvanas.

Which is the best so far? Bear in mind that I dont even have Death's Grip so I cant trigger like Grom with that. Ysera is a really fun card, and I was thinking about that one, but I think Sylvanas would be better here? Or just go with Grom? Alex is a needed card aswell.

Most likely Sylvanas is a better choice since it can be used in alot other decks, but maybe I should get the big "end" legendaries first?