Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wish for a little more clarity on the chart on proving grounds. We don't know if it's "players" or "characters" though you label it as "players"... how would you know without WoWProgress's presumption of same account data. If it's characters, many alts are never needed in heroics as they do professions.

What would be interesting to know is...
    - which proving ground causes the most difficulty.
    - what percentage of PLAYERS, not characters, never complete proving grounds. That many wow players (not characters) are excluded from content.
    - How many alts are no longer played in dungeons as a result.

It's just curious to know the ramifications of the change which of course, we can't know.

Plus the comparison of dps vs. healers vs tanks is misleading since they aren't the same proportion count of players. If those that try and succeeded (we don't know how many tried and failed).

I guess we could say though...
    DPS 77.7 / 89.8 = 86.5% of bronze dps tried and did silver.
    HEALS 29.7 / 32.7 = 90.1% of bronze healers tried and did silver.
    TANKS 27 / 32.8 = 82.3% of bronze tanks tried and did silver.

Approximately 50% of characters go for two roles.

The same guy, Phry, is top 5 in all 3 Proving Grounds rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryrida View Post
    I wanted to try Wildstar because I like the cartoony and comedic styles and platformish looking elements, but I'm afraid of it being a WoW clone. Plus it has higher graphic demands and my PC is mediocre (not gaming pc).
    As someone who played Wildstar the first 2 months of launch, it was really really fun. It definitely takes a good deal of computing power, but keep in mind it's meant for hardcore players. The heroic dungeons we're, in my opinion, more difficult than mythic raiding is in wow. That being said, the dailies had no variety and the end game just became too grindy, which is why I quit (also my guild fell apart).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Now I see why they get away with such minimal efforts.
    Your rant had nothing to do with what you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yeah, if the complete lack of news keeps up, raid achievements are next up.
    I'd like to see metrics that give some idea of when players stopped raiding, or if they are still raiding. Like, "date of last first kill of some raid boss" (beyond LFR), if that can be done.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I cant bring myself to do endless :|
    Hell I did not even want to do bronze, let alone have to do silver. I think the proving grounds are a complete waste of time. If they had not made them a requirement, they would of still been in line with the amount of people that completed at least silver in MoP. Forcing people into do something is hardly reflect of the people that willing like to do these types of thing. So even these graph does not honestly tell who felt they wanted to do this as opposed to who only did it because they had to in order to do three heroic dungeons for the legendary ring chain. That is another thing had Blizzard not tied at least one normal and 3 heroic dungeons to the chain, I doubt they would of had as many do the proving ground this time around as they did, so that further makes this graph more skewed.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2015-03-26 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Your rant had nothing to do with what you quoted.
    Sure it did. WoW is bigger in a way that is not substantial but more superficial. Basically, I was saying his argument is invalid and it's that sort of thinking that keeps Blizzard in a relaxed position while they continue to churn out less than most other developers despite having budget and resources that dwarf anyone else several times over.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrack3d View Post
    I wish for a little more clarity on the chart on proving grounds. We don't know if it's "players" or "characters" though you label it as "players"... how would you know without WoWProgress's presumption of same account data. If it's characters, many alts are never needed in heroics as they do professions.

What would be interesting to know is...
    - which proving ground causes the most difficulty.
    - what percentage of PLAYERS, not characters, never complete proving grounds. That many wow players (not characters) are excluded from content.
    - How many alts are no longer played in dungeons as a result.

Plus the comparison of dps vs. healers vs tanks is misleading since they aren't the same proportion count of players. If those that try and succeeded (we don't know how many tried and failed).

I guess we could say though...
    DPS 77.7 / 89.8 = 86.5% of bronze dps tried and did silver.
    HEALS 29.7 / 32.7 = 90.1% of bronze healers tried and did silver.
    TANKS 27 / 32.8 = 82.3% of bronze tanks tried and did silver.

Approximately 50% of characters go for two roles.
    Almost everything we do is by players rather than character. This is by players.

I used a second graph that scaled bronze to 100% for each role last time and people were confused, so I skipped it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'd like to see metrics that give some idea of when players stopped raiding, or if they are still raiding. Like, "date of last first kill of some raid boss" (beyond LFR), if that can be done.
    This is a little harder, but I might be able to grab the last date a player killed a specific boss. The question is what to do with the inactive characters that haven't logged on in weeks / months.

Quote Originally Posted by lolburke View Post
    It's amazing to me that a game with considerably less resources was able to push out a feature that Blizzard has only been talking about doing since 2012.
    That's because Wildstar was designed ground-up to be flexible enough to be able to accomodate those things. WoW's base coding is a fair bit more rigid, and thus it's harder to make big changes to it.

It's like comparing an intended-as-single-use power-tool like a electric drill or saw where all you can change is the bit or blade, and even that takes some time and a little effort, to one of those modular devices like those yard-tools where you can swap parts around and go from a weed-whacker to a leafblower to a walkway-trimmer in seconds.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by Eddietwang View Post
    As someone who played Wildstar the first 2 months of launch, it was really really fun. It definitely takes a good deal of computing power, but keep in mind it's meant for hardcore players. The heroic dungeons we're, in my opinion, more difficult than mythic raiding is in wow. That being said, the dailies had no variety and the end game just became too grindy, which is why I quit (also my guild fell apart).
    The funny thing is they never fixed the frame rate problems that I know of... I gave them 2 months as well and even after all the promises during beta, they never got it fixed, in fact, it got worse with patches to the point of being unplayable, and for a game that requires you to react very fast, it become downright impossible to play.

Most people stopped playing after the free month, and finding groups become like pulling teeth. Leveling alts wasn't very fun either cause almost no one was in the world after the first month to do group stuff with.

They made the game for a very niche group, and that niche group wasn't enough to sustain it. They couldn't fix problems fast enough or react fast enough, they stuck to their guns way to long.

Then the purging happened of their devs... devs started fleeing the sinking ship, then pink slips happened... The entire philosophy behind the game doomed it from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    That's because Wildstar was designed ground-up to be flexible enough to be able to accomodate those things. WoW's base coding is a fair bit more rigid, and thus it's harder to make big changes to it.

It's like comparing an intended-as-single-use power-tool like a electric drill or saw where all you can change is the bit or blade, and even that takes some time and a little effort, to one of those modular devices like those yard-tools where you can swap parts around and go from a weed-whacker to a leafblower to a walkway-trimmer in seconds.
    I still feel like this really is little more than an excuse, especially at this stage in the game's life. That said Blizzard was always a master of excuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    The funny thing is they never fixed the frame rate problems that I know of... I gave them 2 months as well and even after all the promises during beta, they never got it fixed, in fact, it got worse with patches to the point of being unplayable, and for a game that requires you to react very fast, it become downright impossible to play.

Most people stopped playing after the free month, and finding groups become like pulling teeth. Leveling alts wasn't very fun either cause almost no one was in the world after the first month to do group stuff with.

They made the game for a very niche group, and that niche group wasn't enough to sustain it. They couldn't fix problems fast enough or react fast enough, they stuck to their guns way to long.

Then the purging happened of their devs... devs started fleeing the sinking ship, then pink slips happened... The entire philosophy behind the game doomed it from the start.
    Shame too. The dungeons and difficulty were fantastic.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    what does wild star have to do with wow????

Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    "MMO Champion"
    not
    "WoW Champion"

On topic: I really loved the aesthetics of wildstar.. Hell I even loved the game in general before I reached level 50 and discovered how grindy end-game was. Which was a shame. I loved the dungeons, and I did enjoy the difficulty of the hard dungeons, but I think it was tuned probably too tightly for the majority of players.

I will inevitably give wildstar a try one of these days, but until they change the end game to be slightly more accessible so it isn't like pulling teeth to knock things out, I'm just not going to worry about it too much.

Hell, I even liked the PVP, especially while leveling. I didn't like how some classes just basically shit all over everyone else, but I did have a lot of fun doing it.

are your blizzard superfan eyes bleeding because you saw some news about another MMO on MMO champion? are you feeling dead inside?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyf View Post
    I noticed. That's pretty cool, especially because all ranks were attained on the same character.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    are your blizzard superfan eyes bleeding because you saw some news about another MMO on MMO champion? are you feeling dead inside?
    There's no call for your rudeness, Zoneseek. The person is obviously a new member (if you'd bothered to look at the account's creation date and post count), and considering how much of the news MMO-C posts is WoW-related, I think he or she can be forgiven for being confused.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Blizzard talk about the Diablo style Transmoq system back at Blizzcon. Looks like other games beat them to the punch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tristaris View Post
    "MMO Champion"
    not
    "WoW Champion"

On topic: I really loved the aesthetics of wildstar.. Hell I even loved the game in general before I reached level 50 and discovered how grindy end-game was. Which was a shame. I loved the dungeons, and I did enjoy the difficulty of the hard dungeons, but I think it was tuned probably too tightly for the majority of players.

I will inevitably give wildstar a try one of these days, but until they change the end game to be slightly more accessible so it isn't like pulling teeth to knock things out, I'm just not going to worry about it too much.

Hell, I even liked the PVP, especially while leveling. I didn't like how some classes just basically shit all over everyone else, but I did have a lot of fun doing it.
    No it's WoW-Champion . Remember MMO-C owned by Curse & if Curse asks they post. Simple to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    There's no call for your rudeness, Zoneseek. The person is obviously a new member (if you'd bothered to look at the account's creation date and post count), and considering how much of the news MMO-C posts is WoW-related, I think he or she can be forgiven for being confused.
    I wish more people who think this way. But for how many years MMO-C has posted just WoW-Stuff & the odd Curse promotion for another MMO. I can forgive someone for getting confused. But it is still funny to get people riled up saying it is WoW-Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Proving grounds were more serious and accurate it would have been a really good tool to improve things such as using correctly tanking cooldowns, healing and dps rotation for your class, they could also have implemented a proving ground for interrupts since no one likes to use them on dungeons. I did the endless wave up to 35 as a tank in WoD.

The proving grounds requirement to do Heroic Dungeons should be removed. It is terribly unequal for different classes. My Hunter did Silver easily on like the 3rd try at an iLvl of 610. My Warlock is at 651 and still can't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are the stats for endless 100+, I want to know what %awesome I am! :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    The proving grounds requirement to do Heroic Dungeons should be removed. It is terribly unequal for different classes. My Hunter did Silver easily on like the 3rd try at an iLvl of 610. My Warlock is at 651 and still can't do it.
    It's all strategy, and it scales to ilvl, higher or lower... It's easier at lower ilvl with higher weapons then average ilvl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goyf View Post
    Has vides of his play to, really helped out my ret attemptS!
    You're a towel.