Can't twink without a sub

So I just let my sub expire to see the limitations. I get on my lvl 19 twink and notice that the xp bar is back even though I've had it off for years. So I go back to Stormwind Keep to turn it off again, but the guy won't let me do that because there's no option. Do you guys think this is a bug or done on purpose to keep people from doing twink bgs with no sub?
    Last edited by Hardkorr; 2015-03-26 at 07:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

The point of twinks is to be at max level and power within a bracket. If I ding 20, then i'd enter a bracket as one of the weakest levels. Besides, there is a brand of twinking called F2P twinks which cap at level 20 and do bgs that way, but it's on a few select servers and they used to use starter accounts. I'm leveling up one now since with my account they get all the heirlooms but it won't be the twink that I spent so much time and gold on gearing up and transmogging.

Oh and I'm still confused why having a account relapse turned on xp for my twink. I just don't see the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

You can always just get to level 20, the items you have will scale up due to the bracket scaling for 20-29. You can get some really well geared players on there, plus its a very active bracket. I myself play in it. However, if you are looking for extremely active servers to play on you can always try out Aerie Peak US (alliance), Dragonmaw US (horde). Those have some really good twinking communities, and I'm sure you would find some players to game with.

Another option, is to get a sub, and get all of the enchants and stuff you might like, and stay at level 20 as a Veteran Account, people do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    So I just let my sub expire to see the limitations. I get on my lvl 19 twink and notice that the xp bar is back even though I've had it off for years. So I go back to Stormwind Keep to turn it off again, but the guy won't let me do that because there's no option. Do you guys think this is a bug or done on purpose to keep people from doing twink bgs with no sub?
    Not a bug. XP off is not an option for starter accounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    You can always just get to level 20, the items you have will scale up due to the bracket scaling for 20-29. You can get some really well geared players on there, plus its a very active bracket. I myself play in it. However, if you are looking for extremely active servers to play on you can always try out Aerie Peak US (alliance), Dragonmaw US (horde). Those have some really good twinking communities, and I'm sure you would find some players to game with.

Another option, is to get a sub, and get all of the enchants and stuff you might like, and stay at level 20 as a Veteran Account, people do that too.
    The gear scale yes but yoy have not access to the skills above lv 20 which puts your twink in to disadvantage

10+ Year Old Account
    In 20-29 all gear scale to 34, but stats are also calculated out as if you where 29.
    So the same item gives the exact same scaling and benefit for any player between 20-29.
    Meaning 20s are at a disadvantage in every aspect; less available gear (bis 29>>>>bis 20) and fewer abilities available.

In my experience all 20s are free kills, they are so weak compared to twinked out 29s that they ruin 2s and 3s.
    Well they ruin it for eachother, its equally pointless for both parties.

You must be subscribed in order to turn your experience on/off. If you log on a character that had its experience turned off while your account is inactive (in veteran status), the character's experience will automatically be turned on.

As suggested in this thread, you will need to resubscribe to turn your experience back off and play in the 19 twink community.

A lot of players choose to play at level 20 because they can obtain BiS while their account is active, and then continue to play their twink after their subscription runs out.

Good luck with your twink(s).