Deleted

Resto Druid question regarding Mythic BRF neck vs. Mythic HM neck

Hi!

So I was wondering whether or not Mythic Talisman of Fomor (Non WF/no socket or teritiary stat) is an upgrade for me over Mythic Champion's Medallion (same deal here except it has leech on it)? Does 23int and 18spirit make it an upgrade for me or should I just keep on rocking with my Champion's Medallion and wait for a Talisman of Fomor/Feldspar's Control Choker as WF drop or with a socket on it?

Thanks for your time and really looking forward to getting answers to my question

Deleted
    Yes, mythic Talisman of Fomor is an upgrade over mythic Champion's Medallion. Haste just isn't that much better than Multistrike to make up for the gain in intellect and spirit. To give a ballpark indication based loosely on statweights, a Champion's Medallion with socket is pretty much exactly equal to a non-socket Talisman of Fomor. Even then, I use my regular mythic Talisman of Fomor over my socketed Champion's Medallion for the non-negligible increase in stamina.

The only thing that might turn the table on that choice is that the Leech you have on the Champion's Medallion is a fairly significant throughput stat. I have Leech on a single piece (706 gloves) and regulary see it account for ~2% extra throughput. Granted, that throughput is just more self healing, so it will have limited value on fights where you barely take damage. However, on high raid damage fights like Kromog, Gruul, Blast Furnace, it may well be worth using a Leech piece over a higher ilvl piece without it.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    My understanding is that the Talisman is BiS as resto. I'm certainly using it on mine although my armory hasn't updated...
    I would think the gruul neck is potentially BiS for resto. With the trinket buffs we don't really have mana problems, at least on 90% of fights, so I'd just go for the haste mastery. Same argument applies to the maidens ring over any of the crit/ms ones. I guess it really depends where you are at with mana, but using Autoclave, Chew Toy, Darmac cloak, and the 715 ring, you may have more than enough mana regen to drop spirit on neck/ring to get the haste/mastery combo most likely, and maybe switch back on super long, mana-intensive fights, like furnace or something (which admittedly I heal on my Paladin not my druid, so I have not the best idea for how rdruid mana is on that fight). Previously (like in highmaul) I would have said when you were ready to drop spirit to do it on trinkets, but now that the trinkets are sooo overbudget spirit-wise, it may be better to drop it on that ring and neck in favor of perfectly itemized pieces (which are exceeding rare for rdruid in BRF)