Poll: What is your favorite WoW expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    best to worst

mists
    vanilla
    wrath
    cata
    tbc
    wod
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

WotLK by far. I have played WoW on/off since vanilla beta and I just loved that expansion.

1. Arthas. Played a ton of War3, which had amazing campaign. I liked that Arthas was the main villain. Even now, I know jack shit about WoW lore, but WotLK story really drew me in thanks to playing War3.
    2. I like snowy environments.
    3. Huge graphical enhancement compared to classic and BC. Compare weapon and armor models. Compare ground textures. Definitely the biggest jump.
    4. Best music.
    5. Ulduar was amazing. Though Naxx lasted too long for being such an easy raid and I thought ToTC was horrible.
    6. The only two classes I have ever levelled to cap is warrior and DK (I had like 5 warriors at one point). IMO, WotLK was the peak of the warrior class in terms of fun and skill cap (but hugely punishing if you had high latency). Also, bladestorm.
    7. No cross realm zones but very high game population. I like CRZ but it felt like there were a lot more players back then without needing to link to random realms, so you'd see the same people out in the world quite often.
    8. Dalaran was an awesome (and laggy) city hub. Much preferred over Shatt / Shrine / Warspear.
    9. Almost forgot, phasing was a new thing and quests were much improved.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-03-26 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lich King was the best by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath because downing LK for the first time felt like a goddamn accomplishment lore-wise and game-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath > BC = MoP = Vanilla >>> Cata >>> WoD

Really tough deciding which of BC/Vanilla/MoP I liked more. Each had things I loved and things I despised. They were all head and shoulders above Cataclysm though, which itself was head and shoulders above this current Garrison shitfest. I still fail to comprehend how they could have 14 months of development time and be completely unable to produce even a fraction of the content that they have in the past with much less available time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    First. WotLK baby.
    Wrath was and is overrated. Only thing I liked out of it was the reputation tabards and extra 5man dungeons added later. =/

Vanilla isnt an expansion. Its unjust to put it in that poll. Without vanilla, there would be no expansions.

Voted wrath of the lich king

Going from best to worst, mine is BC>WotLK>MoP>Cata>WoD.

Though my opinion on Warlords is based on what has been given so far, but it hasn't been as impressive and activating than MoP which struggles with WotLK for spot 2 here and there.

In these polls over the last few years, all 'current' expansions scored last... until now. Looks like WoD is the first 'current' to not score last - with Cata retaining its position

Deleted
    Vanilla, reason being.... Thunderfury, used it until beginning of WotLK and trough whole vanilla it was broken in both pvp and pve.

Vanilla / WoD
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Since I have played a lot of WC3 Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne back in time, imagine my happiness when WotLK came out,
    as it was connected to Frozen Throne and the very continuation of the best lore ever. It had great quests, many dungeons,
    awesome raids and overall I had some of the best moments I could remember (both with the people I have met, made friends with and the gameplay itself).

So yeah, WotLK definitely, hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted "Wrath of the Lich King". And not for any misplaced sentiment or overflowing nostalgia. I have been around since Vanilla, and every expansion I have listened to the crowd screaming that the current expansion is killing WoW. The ONLY expansion that seems to be exempt from nostalgia is Cataclysm. I started getting into raiding in BC, but the game, even then still had a lot of accessability problems, which while they were improved compared to Vanilla, were still problems. I voted for Wrath because that was when I was at my most active. I raided hardcore progression several days a week, I started becoming interested in PvP. I enjoyed farming for achievements. However, every expansion to be released has kept me entertained and brought something new and welcome to the table for me. So please don't take my vote as meaning that WoW has been decaying along with the Lich King. That is not my belief nor feelings at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    best to worst

cata
    tbc

Eh, I voted BC. I loved both BC and LK. Started raiding as holy pally halfway through BC and started phasing out end of LK. Some of the best times I've had in this game were as holy pally in that time frame. Wanted to switch to something else, so I switched to ele shaman as a break from healing. Saw how scarce healers were, so went back as resto. Saw how awful of a system healing was in cata and decided it was time for a break from the game entirely. Came back into MOP right around when SOO started as ele shaman. Wanted to try paladin again mained ret for a bit. Wanted to try holy again in WOD. Lasted enough to get AOTC from highmaul. And now I'm back to ret. Ret is amazing, incredibly fun. It's all I want to play. But, as always, there's a shortage of both tanks and healers because both feel like a chore to play sometimes (at least for healers, I don't know about tanks.) Holy is painfully tedious and takes way too much work to compete with some other healers like resto druids or priests

10+ Year Old Account
    WoTLK

Because even if you didn't care for the story, Blizzard took a lot of time and detail to make each and every zone unique. and they also seemed to create more than just reskin shit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    1. WOTLK (the best expansion) + 12 million players confirms that

I loved wrath prior to 3.3. Loved the raiding still after that, but removing any reason to immerse yourself in the world killed my enjoyment of the game. so, wrath was both my favorite and least favorite.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Deleted
    Voted BC!

100% sure the best expension.. but i think it depends on how much you have played that expension, for example, i´ve only levelled my char during catalysm... and i think cata sucks dont think this is a surprise to other ppl.

Deleted
    Best to worst
    1. WotLK
    2. MoP
    3. Cata
    4. BC
    5. WoD

Only 3.8% of people picked Cata.

I remember people saying a couple years back that by the time of WoD everybody would be nostalgic and love Cata. Maybe now people finally accept what a train wreck of an expac it was