Deleted

AS + insanity/mindbender

Why in certain situations is mindbender better than insanity?

and in a fight with lots of mobs where I'm getting loads of Shadowy apparitions do I cancel a insanity cast to DP another target or do I do a full insanity cast then another DP then another insanity cast.

If I don't cancel the insanity cast to do another DP on a different target I end up having 5 orbs a lot of the time and thus wasting apparitions.

This is my priest:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Alysa/simple

Thanks in advance.

MBender is for fights where you:

1) experience significant amounts of time with few GCDs free to cast

or

2) need to burst down specific targets in regular, not too short intervals

An example for 1) would be Iron Maidens, where you're often so busy maintaining DoTs and spending Orbs, that you get very few if any MF/Insanity channels in. This is especially true in the execute phase, when you start spamming SW and also have additional targets (Turrets).

An example for 2) would be Blast Furnace, where you need to focus down the Elementalists with everything you've got, and basically have Bender up for nearly all of them.

Yeah on Iron maidens with AS you will not have the gcd's to use insanity, especially when execute phase comes. My god the orb generation is insane.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    MBender is for fights where you:

1) experience significant amounts of time with few GCDs free to cast

or

2) need to burst down specific targets in regular, not too short intervals

An example for 1) would be Iron Maidens, where you're often so busy maintaining DoTs and spending Orbs, that you get very few if any MF/Insanity channels in. This is especially true in the execute phase, when you start spamming SW and also have additional targets (Turrets).

An example for 2) would be Blast Furnace, where you need to focus down the Elementalists with everything you've got, and basically have Bender up for nearly all of them.
    Not to mention the almost constant movement, which breaks MFI obviously. I usually go with SoD on Maidens, but I might give Bender a try if you say it might be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossad View Post
    Why in certain situations is mindbender better than insanity?

I end up having 5 orbs a lot of the time and thus wasting apparitions.

That's exactly why. Bender is 1 GCD with focused damage. Drop and forget.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I usually go with SoD on Maidens, but I might give Bender a try if you say it might be good.
    I found that while SoD is great for most of the fight, it really gets too much in the final phase. With 3+ targets up for most of it, plus the SWD spam, I found that I really cannot find free GCDs consistently without letting SWP drop and/or capping on Orbs. Sneaking in two Benders during execute is fine, but finding what, 10+ GCDs at least for SoD I simply could not manage.

But it's very possible that's just me getting old and slowing on reaction speed. If you're good at these things it's very possible that you can properly squeeze in the SoD procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanator1989 View Post
    Yeah on Iron maidens with AS you will not have the gcd's to use insanity, especially when execute phase comes. My god the orb generation is insane.
    This... esp if you have a lot of crit and generating lots of orbs