Thread: Dual class

Dual class

Here's a crazy idea I tossed around the official forums a while ago and I wanted the Moochamps opinions

As an alternative to alts and a separate way to progress your character my idea would be to allow you upon reaching max level to go and have a chat with a class trainer of the same armor type and say 'I'm an experienced adventure and I wish to know your ways'. And just like dual spec at that point you'd be able to switch between two classes from then on just with a longer cooldown (half an hour? an hour?) to discourage you from cheesing quests.

You'd start at level one of course and have your stats crushed and would essentially be a rookie excepting that you'd still have access to your professions, items, reputations, etc. Once reaching your main classes current level the class swap cooldown would be removed.

I also thought only allowing classes to share the same armor type to share would make it a little more realistic and help with gear and the feel of the character.

The major pros to a system like that I see are:

-being able to level an alt without the pain relearning professions or reputations
    -added flexibility to pure classes by allowing them access to a class that fills another role
    -added character customization with a major, permanent decision
    -much less work on Blizzard's part versus a new class or 4th specs
    -a great reason to go back through the world and quest in areas you skipped the first time or finish up areas you leveled past too quickly to complete

And so far I recognize some pretty big down sides:

-Lore problems out the wazoo, you can't 'learn' to be a Death Knight, evil characters dual classing into light wielding classes, etc
    -If this were ever a real thing players feeling like they're 'forced' to level a new character class to be optimal

Deleted
    i really loved the system Runes of Magic has with the whole Classes thing. reminds me of that

Deleted
    it works really well on realm reborn, would love to see this in Warcraft as well