New player, but i feel like starting a DK would be a mistake?

i dont want to feel extra nubie. thoughts on current OPness?

Don't start a DK. You'll be totally lost. It's the same reason you don't boost a 90 as your first toon.

Just start at level 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaliah View Post
    Don't start a DK. You'll be totally lost. It's the same reason you don't boost a 90 as your first toon.

Just start at level 1.
    How can anyone be lost at playing a DK? No seriously, it's very, very, very easy and you get explanations what most of your abilities do right at the start. If anything a DK is one of the easier classes to start out as and play effectively alongside being a great class to solo stuff later on.

you only start with a few abilities anyway, it's not that difficult. your talents and abilities are unlocked as you go through the starter questline, I see no reason not to start as a death knight. level 55 and 100 are so far apart that you'll learn far, far before you reach 100 and even at 100, they aren't complicated to play at all. If you want to make a DK, make one.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK starting experience is designed to teach your everything you need to know. You won't regret it - my DK took over as my main toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I thought you had to have a character at level 55 before you could roll a DK, or was that restriction removed?
    Or maybe I'm just making it up?! I'm pretty sure that used to be the case, at least.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I thought you had to have a character at level 55 before you could roll a DK, or was that restriction removed?
    Or maybe I'm just making it up?! I'm pretty sure that used to be the case, at least.
    That was removed a couple of weeks ago, I believe. But it did used to be the case, so you're not crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    DK will be somewhat hard to start with, if only due to the level, I remember struggling on my first DK, probably because I used int plate...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaliah View Post

Just start at level 1.
    Don't listen to this guy. DK teaches you and hands you your abilities as you level. Also, swinging on a target dummy for an hour also teaches you your rotation at max level.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Well Blizzard intends new players to start at 90, so starting at 55 shouldn't be much worse...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    DK will be somewhat hard to start with, if only due to the level, I remember struggling on my first DK, probably because I used int plate...
    Pro-tip - intellect plate doesn't make you smarter.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    DK is a great class to start with. The best (in my opinion) starting area & everything you need to know about playing is explained as you go through it.

Quote Originally Posted by mistere2T View Post
    i dont want to feel extra nubie. thoughts on current OPness?
    Start from level 1 and enjoy the game.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with those that say to start at lvl 1.

Imho the easiest class to play right now is hunter. By no means easy = useless, you can master every class and do huge amount of dps/help in a group.

Speaking solely on topic, since the restriction was lifted, you can (AND SHOULD) play the DK starting zone at least ONCE in your lifetime, its the best starting zone in game as to this day , full of epic moments and in the end you feel a total bad ass with the saronite gear, the iconic DK outfit. But tbh saying DK is easy is not realy true. It is easier than before yes, but it's still a completely diferent class mechanic than other classes, there's no mana or anything to spend your spells, you have 3 runes to "play" with, and they generate Runic Power aswell to use even more powerrfull spells. For someone that's used to always have anything to do, and spells to cast, DK will be hard to understand, and specialy at early levels when you will mostly aply diseases and just auto-atack most of the time because you're not used to the rune management. But in the end, it's probably one of the most powerfull classes in game, if not THE most powerful, and pretty much "unkillable" in blood spec if you play it right (I don't know his name, but theres an youtuber that plays blood DK and records himself soloing raid bosses. Back in the last days of MoP he could solo Garrosh!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    How can anyone be lost at playing a DK? No seriously, it's very, very, very easy and you get explanations what most of your abilities do right at the start. If anything a DK is one of the easier classes to start out as and play effectively alongside being a great class to solo stuff later on.
    I Would like to point out that the "essential spell " section for the unholyspec does not list scourge strike . No things do not get explained properly!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I would advise any new player to start the game at level 1. If you want to make a DK when you hit 55 then go ahead, but I think the low level experience and the memories you will have of it are important.

Since you are new to the game as a whole, I'd advise starting with a character at level 1, purely because there's a lot to understand about the game outside of your own class mechanics. The lower level areas will better prepare you for the game than starting at 55 will.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I would advise any new player to start the game at level 1. If you want to make a DK when you hit 55 then go ahead, but I think the low level experience and the memories you will have of it are important.
    I agree. If you really are a new player I would start at level 1 and just enjoy experiencing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Before the outage I went on an alt to a LV58 instance with DK Tank who died constantly (Was not healers fault, he could keep the DPSers alive for a good while whenever tank died)

At some point I noticed the DK did not have any talents picked. Not sure if he even used any damage mitigation or healing attack.

TL: DR: Start with a Class on LV1 to learn it better.
    Rarely does anyone learn to play a class while leveling.

Deleted
    If you're completely new to the game, I'd suggest going with a level 1 and levelling that for a while. Whilst the DK starting mission(s) and area(s) are paced well and introduce you to the game fairly well, it can still get overwhelming if you're completely new as the quests seem to be designed for someone who has experienced the game before, as you previously could not make them without having your own level 55.

Once you get a feel for the game and how it plays, by all means play a DK too. It's less about learning your class when you level as questing/dungeons whilst levelling have no correlation into raiding environments, but it helps to understand the basics of the game itself.