thoughts on best strategy with priest?

particularly a shadow priest at that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fatigue them out.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

You could try a deck similar to face hunter. Given that you have access to cards like Shadow Bomber,if you ran two of them with 2 Leper Gnomes thats 4 mana for 10 face damage and 4 2/1's albeit for 4 cards. You also have mindblast which is kind of a cheaper Kill Command but can only go face but with no prerequisites for the 5 damage.

The only problem is the hero power compared to Hunters. Hunter has a guaranteed 2 damage to face where as a priest will need his auchenais or soul form out.

I used to love my priest decks, the best strategy this season for me is tho just to not play priest.

Until they add more cards that benefit shadow priests, I don't see them shining in meta anytime soon. Lesser Heal is too reliant for the priest at the moment. I would absolutely love to see more shadowpriest type decks.

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    The best strategy this season for me is tho just to not play priest.
    Mm, sadly have to agree with this.. Priest outside of Arena is pretty mediocre, you can make it work, but everything else just works better in the current meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    I used to love my priest decks, the best strategy this season for me is tho just to not play priest.
    Sadly and unfortunately, I've come to the same conclusion. I still love priest and I play it occasionally, despite how much it tends to hurt.

On the question of shadow priest... Think I saw Day9 play a deck like that on his decktacular show, but I wouldn't trust it too much. Play it for the lols, but don't expect to get very far with it. Shadowform is and has always been really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Until they add more cards that benefit shadow priests, I don't see them shining in meta anytime soon. Lesser Heal is too reliant for the priest at the moment. I would absolutely love to see more shadowpriest type decks.
    I think if Shadowform was 0 mana that would help. You would still have to draw into it, so it being 0 mana isn't game breaking, and still doesn't allow you to build a deck around it.

Time your AoE perfectly vs. rush decks, keep controlling them until you get the advantage, once you're out of the danger zone you just pull ahead on the board and eventually win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I think if Shadowform was 0 mana that would help. You would still have to draw into it, so it being 0 mana isn't game breaking, and still doesn't allow you to build a deck around it.
    The problem with that is that you're making the hero power better than the mage's hero power. With 2 copies, you're still pretty likely to draw it reasonably early. I feel the cost could possibly be lowered to 2?

Alteratively they could add specs for every class that'd allow you to use a different hero power. That way you could customise your build even more to whatever you need, like a more aggressive priest / warrior or a more control hunter. Probably too much work to get balanced right, but a man can dream
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    The problem with that is that you're making the hero power better than the mage's hero power.
    At the cost of a card and the most reliable way to utilise the healing synergy priest cards tend to have.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Full heal synergy. Its like a train, slow to start, but hard to stop once it gets going.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)