Deleted

why doesnt any shield ability block hunter shots

ok so if you use shield wall or shield barrier hunters dots and damage goes right through it i thought the whole purpose of a shield was to block ranged attacks yet wwhen ever ive used shield wall as prot or shield barrier as fury it jsut seems to ignore hunter shots seriously blizzard need to look up on wikipedia what shields are designed for but then again in american history they never used shields only old guns etc, so they prolly have no clue on the shield side of things

Ive always found this to be the most retarded thing in wow. ( Among other things like no hunter shooting dead zone, heroic leap in open world compared to bgs and running underwater when feared eg )

But back to the point, Shields were predominantly used vs ranged attacks, yet somehow in blizzard logic you can use a shield to block a giants hammer twice the size of you falling to the earth at the speed of sound, but you cant use it to block a tiny piece of wood with a metal tip.

gg

Because gameplay is more important than logic.

Shield Wall does reduce hunter damage.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Shield Wall and Shield Barrier both affect all damage, including hunters' damage. What the hell is going on this thread?

I think this is one of those situations where someone noticed an ability doesn't do everything it would in like a larp setting. So basically wall and barrier should also actually block attacks.

OP, they don't work that way because that's not what they're meant to do. Shield block does that (although I have no idea why ranged attacks aren't actually blockable since you can dodge them now). Think of ability names more as flavour text. They do what they do for gameplay reasons; the theatre is secondary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    not really if your gonna put something in a game it should do what its designed to do not anything else game or not

Thats not that bad, try playing a stealth class that gets hit in stealth by Barrage or Necrotic Plaque without being targeted. Its happened more than once to me and devs ignored my twwet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mbal23 View Post
    Thats not that bad, try playing a stealth class that gets hit in stealth by Barrage or Necrotic Plaque without being targeted. Its happened more than once to me and devs ignored my twwet on it.
    Exactly, add to this freaking Freeze trap, most stupid bugs that will never be fixed by Blizzard cause some retarded Dev is maining a Huntard.

Deleted
    Indeed, which is why it makes so little sense that you cannot block Hunter shots considering the *state* their in.

This ^

/thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mbal23 View Post
    About as bad as broken burst of speed and feral off healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Ive always found this to be the most retarded thing in wow. ( Among other things like no hunter shooting dead zone, heroic leap in open world compared to bgs and running underwater when feared eg )

But back to the point, Shields were predominantly used vs ranged attacks, yet somehow in blizzard logic you can use a shield to block a giants hammer twice the size of you falling to the earth at the speed of sound, but you cant use it to block a tiny piece of wood with a metal tip.

gg
    The giant is fucking slow, you can see the blow coming from a mile away. An arrow is very fast, small and can barely be seen before hitting its mark. Good archers at mid range could hit legs, heads or anything that wasn't behind a shield and unless we're talking tower shields, something was always sticking out.

Players are considered elite soldiers for gameplay reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    NPC's with shield block can block hunter shots.

Just sayin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaw View Post
    not really if your gonna put something in a game it should do what its designed to do not anything else game or not
    Why can you move during a shield wall?

Why do you carry a horse in your backpack?