Spirit mend macro?

Hey All,

Just wondering what everyone does with spirit beast mend in general. Right now with my gear the heal hits me for 10k upfront and 7k ticks (not counting crits). With this being on a 30 sec CD is it just worth it to macro it to an ability to auto heal yourself every 30 sec, or keep it for a small amount of burst healing? Both PvE and PvP answers welcome. Just seems like too small of a heal to hold onto, and may as well just macro it to an ability (let say KC) to auto self heal. thoughts?

Regards,
    Briggz
    Last edited by briggz; 2015-03-27 at 04:59 AM.

It costs focus so spamming it on cd will lower your pet dps (really slightly). I just have it bound with my health tonic for a bit of added survivability.

That really depends on an encounter. I usually turn it to auto cast if I know our healers are going to be strained (Kromog, Furnace, Blackhand come to mind). But normally I just use macro to activate it as needed. Spamming it on cd is not really efficient. You can use something similar to:

#showtooltip Spirit mend
    /cast [@pet, mod:shift] Spirit mend
    /cast [target=target, exists, help] Spirit mend
    /cast [target=focus, exists, help] Spirit mend
    /cast [target=player] Spirit mend

Basically, if you have a friendly target or focus target, it will heal them. Otherwise it heals you. Focus target line is obviously optional here. Some people prefer to delete it.

For PvE purposes, I bound it to my Healing Tonic. If I run into a situation where I'd need a Healing Tonic, a little more healing probably wouldn't hurt. After I use my Healing Tonic, I can still hit the macro if I need a heal later on. The only situation in which this macro isn't optimal is when I want to cast Spirit Mend without using my Healing Tonic. You can kinda work around that by using the macro during a cast (e.g. during Cobra Shot); your pet will still get the command to Spirit Mend you, but you won't use Healing Tonic since you can't use it while casting something else.

Binding Spirit Mend to a rotational ability seems like a bad idea because it only has a 25yd range. If you're DPS'ing the boss from 25+ yds away, your pet will need to run away from the boss to heal you, then run back. This is worth it when you're in dire need of a heal, but if you're just casting it on cooldown, you'll lose out on some DPS without getting a lot of effective healing.

/target {playername}
    /cast Spirit Mend
    /targetlasttarget

Deleted
    Well, I'm a fan of this macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip [pet:Crane]Gift of Chi-Ji;[pet: Spirit beast]Spirit Mend;[pet:quilen]Eternal Guardian
    /cast [pet:crane]Gift of Chi-Ji
    /cast [@mouseover,exists][@player][pet:spirit beast] Spirit Mend
    /cast [pet:quilen]Eternal Guardian
    /cast [pet:rylak]Updraft

In PvE I just let it sit on auto cast, but I do have a self macro for PvP and soloing challenging stuff.

[QUOTE=Tyrogs;32940999]Well, I'm a fan of this macro:

Are those your pet names in the macro, or pet types?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrogs View Post
    Are those your pet names in the macro, or pet types?
    Pet types, so a universal macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Avedas View Post
    It costs focus so spamming it on cd will lower your pet dps (really slightly). I just have it bound with my health tonic for a bit of added survivability.
    It's 5 focus. Pet Focus. It's literally like 50 dps MAX. Considering the amount of healing it does, it's worth to use on cd.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

I bind mine with my healing tonic as well, saved me on mythic beastlord last night actually. Had rend and tear and a stack of breath was at about 5% used healing tonic + spirit mend and jumped up to 60 or 70%.

I have it on the button that, for any other toon, would be my healing tonic. I use it basically as a "no lockout" healing tonic -- cast it manually on me any time I need the health. (trying to be aware that it will pull my pet off the boss to come to me, potentially, so aiming to be within 25 yards of my pets target when I hit the button, if I can.) Then I put health tonic elsewhere, and use it when I need more healing right now than just the pet can give.

I use this

#showtooltip Spirit Mend
    /cast [@target, help] [@focus, exists, help] [@player] spirit mend

Basically the priorities are target, focus and then yourself.