Deleted

A way to kill yourself/reset an encounter?

With Ra'sha's Sacrificial Dagger capped at 91 I'm struggling a bit to reset encounters in old raids. Currently trying "nerf boom bots" solo and with bad spawns during the heart phase it's a bit difficult at times. However I can neither cause myself to die as shaman/druid nor can I reset the encounter in any way.

I basically have to go afk and wait for him to enrage and then slowly watch myself die. This takes quite a bit of time between tries and it's a tad irritating to say the least. Does anyone know if there's an item similar to Ra'sha's Dagger? Repair cost wouldn't be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you decide you want to wipe you can constantly press your "sit" button. When your char is sitting you will get crit 100% of the time from attacks. Not instant death but it will speed it up a little bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrel View Post
    When you decide you want to wipe you can constantly press your "sit" button. When your char is sitting you will get crit 100% of the time from attacks. Not instant death but it will speed it up a little bit.
    Problem with that is that you need to keep spamming it. If you get hit whilst sitting you get auto-crit but it also makes you stand up too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrel View Post
    Sadly, this will hardly help as he hits like a wet noodle.

They need another ra'sha type item for some of these older raids. Messing up an achievement and having to wait 60 minutes for a boss to kill you is horrible. I keep a level 90 around for soloing old achievements for just this reason. Knife still works until you hit 91.

There is no item similar sadly due to exploits with it being used during heroic garrosh, or at least that's why they originally nerfed it for that I believe. They also don't allow the saylin battle banner in raid anymore, so honestly the best you could probably do sadly is do it on something like a hunter or rogue that can drop combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said Druid in the OP?

Go Feral, take Incarnation. You can use Prowl while in King of the Jungle cat form, and IIRC that will break combat for you.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    You said Druid in the OP?

Go Feral, take Incarnation. You can use Prowl while in King of the Jungle cat form, and IIRC that will break combat for you.
    Gotta try that, thanks.

I think the best way would be "Precious Bloodthorn Loop." It's a ring that drops off of a rare mob in SMV and for 10% of your hp it basically makes you vanish. No need to die, just pretend you're a rogue The only known problem is that it triggers stagger if you're a brewmaster monk and it breaks the vanish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Personally I find it hard to imagine what 'benefit' literally killing your own character could give that prevented the Dagger from being made a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Personally I find it hard to imagine what 'benefit' literally killing your own character could give that prevented the Dagger from being made a toy.
    I could see it being disabled for raids, or at least current raids, because it was used in a few encounters to ignore mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    I think the best way would be "Precious Bloodthorn Loop." It's a ring that drops off of a rare mob in SMV and for 10% of your hp it basically makes you vanish. No need to die, just pretend you're a rogue The only known problem is that it triggers stagger if you're a brewmaster monk and it breaks the vanish.
    You cannot use that ring in raid instances.

If you used it when you got a debuff(Malace I think?) in Heroic Garrosh's last phase, it would bypass that mechanic completely, because if the debuff isn't handled correctly it wipes the entire raid, so if the person killed themselves instead it negated it.

I believe the normal way was you had to stack a certain amount of people to absorb the debuff...not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you used it when you got a debuff(Malace I think?) in Heroic Garrosh's last phase, it would bypass that mechanic completely, because if the debuff isn't handled correctly it wipes the entire raid, so if the person killed themselves instead it negated it.

I believe the normal way was you had to stack a certain amount of people to absorb the debuff...not 100% sure.
    Interesting. Could they not have disabled while in combat with raid bosses instead, though?

Deleted
    Interesting. Could they not have disabled while in combat with raid bosses instead, though?
    I assume just blanketing it as not usable in all raid instances was an easier and faster fix

Quote Originally Posted by Zaenux View Post
    I assume just blanketing it as not usable in all raid instances was an easier and faster fix
    They didn't do that from what I can tell; they made it stop working at level 91. It only works for one level, so IMO it seems like it should be in the toy box, let all you toons enjoy the chance to kill themselves for the few hours you are the right level.

Deleted
    I guess you can maybe speed it up a bit by removing the weapon you have equiped and perhaps start the encounter with a bit less gear on to make it less painful.
    Could also use an alt for it, or make your druid NE for Shadowmeld ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

It also made dealing with Unstable Iron Star timing so much easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterPerpetual View Post
    I could see it being disabled for raids, or at least current raids, because it was used in a few encounters to ignore mechanics.
    And yet it wasn't anything that couldn't be done without it as well.

If you're old-school, you might have a skull of impending doom sitting in your bank! (not allowed to post links yet, so just search it up on wowhead)